Gaston's Cinnamon Roll

materbuddy

Original Poster
Just had a cinnamon roll from Gaston's tavern. I was highly disappointed. I liked the maple flavor it had, but it wasn't really warm and it was very dry. I love the cinnamon rolls from the main street bakery, the one's from Gaston's are a poor substitute. Does anyone else feel this way? Is there another place on property where I can get a cinnamon roll as good as the bakery's?

disneycouple07

Will Main Street Bakery serve Starbucks products, coffee, etc along with the cinnamon rolls and pastries or will it be just Starbucks? I'm hoping they bring back those amazing cinnamon rolls!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Will Main Street Bakery serve Starbucks products, coffee, etc or will it be just Starbucks? I'm hoping they bring back those amazing cinnamon rolls!
It's supposed to be half Starbucks half Disney goodies, no word on what goodies though.

This is the case at California Adventure - Top two rows are Starbucks, bottom 3 are Disney
IMG_3035-600x450.jpg

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I'm not one who gripes and groans a lot about nostalgia and am not someone who is automatically resistant to change. For every cinnamon roll lover like me, I'm sure there is a maple loving crowd. But I am going to miss my cinnamon roll. They messed with something I perceive to have been a very good thing. It was part of the MSUSA experience for me. That first bite is like seeing the castle, or hearing the screams from Splash Mountain. It signified I had arrived.

plaz10

I am really hoping that you got a bad batch at Gastons. I'm really looking forward to trying a cinnamon roll at Gastons in 34 days! Eeek hopefully it will be somewhat close to the Main Street cinnamon roll. o_O Now I'm worried...

Genie of the Lamp

I am really hoping that you got a bad batch at Gastons. I'm really looking forward to trying a cinnamon roll at Gastons in 34 days! Eeek hopefully it will be somewhat close to the Main Street cinnamon roll. o_O Now I'm worried...

Apparently, no one makes cinammon rolls like Gaston (not in a good way in this case). Lucky and have fun. Maybe they transferred some of those rolls to Big Top Souvenirs kitchen refreshments. (You can always try an Oakmont Bakery cinamon roll they're pretty delicious).

dave&di

I've read somewhere (think on disneyfoodblog.com ) that Gastons Cinnamon rolls aren't the same, don't think it was just a bad batch, sorry.

Twhitty

It may be a taboo to quote another WDW site, but this is a quote from a WDW information website that I find to be creditable.

"This location will be closed January 2013 through Early Summer 2013 to convert to a Starbucks location. The restaurant will still be themed to fit on turn-of-the-century Main Street USA. Offerings will include Starbucks beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats. They will still offer the same brownies, cookies and seasonal cupcakes that are currently available. The cinnamon rolls will be available at Gaston's Tavern in Fantasyland and the ice cream cookie sandwiches will be available at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street USA.

Known for the fresh baked goods, this counter serve spot also offers sandwiches, fresh fruit and hot breakfast selections. Limited seating available."

Source: wdwinfo.com

MRGEFF

Just had a cinnamon roll from Gaston's tavern. I was highly disappointed. I liked the maple flavor it had, but it wasn't really warm and it was very dry. I love the cinnamon rolls from the main street bakery, the one's from Gaston's are a poor substitute. Does anyone else feel this way? Is there another place on property where I can get a cinnamon roll as good as the bakery's?
We totally agree. NEVER mess with a proven winner!

Main Street USA

Yeah, unfortunately, the WDW blog tells us we can get the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's, but I've had two there (tried a second out of hope I got an old one), and both were made very differently than the bakery's and were extremely dry. I'm not picky about food at ALL, and these were close to being disgusting, which is hard to do in a cinnamon roll.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
It may be a taboo to quote another WDW site, but this is a quote from a WDW information website that I find to be creditable.

".... They will still offer the same brownies, cookies and seasonal cupcakes that are currently available. The cinnamon rolls will be available at Gaston's Tavern in Fantasyland and the ice cream cookie sandwiches will be available at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street USA.

Known for the fresh baked goods, this counter serve spot also offers sandwiches, fresh fruit and hot breakfast selections. Limited seating available."

Source: wdwinfo.com

So I thought I read this wrong when it was being discussed a few months ago but I guess not.......soooooo..... are we to understand that
Main Street Bakery will reopen and will have a "few of it's old offerings" but the cinnamon role will NOT be one of the things they retain!?!???

Really?Hmmm...well I'm going to reserve judgement unti...Ahhhh efff that!!

Who was the braintrust behind this ingenious idea?

Let's make a somewhat controversial change to Main Street Bakery and then take the one thing synonymous with this WDW standard establishment, move it somewhere else and change it...yeah a$$hat...great idea.

Wait how about a word association...
I say "Main Street Bakery" you think of the first thing that comes to your mind --
Those of you that thought "Cinnamon Roll" raise your hand.
Good good...EFF ALL YOU....Cinnamon Roll is gone b*tches!
great idea a$$hat...great idea.

I will apologize later if this rant was unwarranted ---but for now it stands.

End Rant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom