Is Boo, Bonnie?

journ116

Original Poster
Hi All! I have a fun inquiry and if anyone could answer the following question, that "someone" would probably come from this site (just short of asking Pete Docter or John Lasseter): Is Boo, from "Monsters Inc.," Bonnie, from "Toy Story 3?"

My DH says, "No," and there are conflicting results online. My DD3's speech therapist sparked this debate in my household, when she told me the other day, "Did you know that Bonnie is Boo?" (she knows we're big Disney fans, and tries to stump me with Disney-related tid-bits...well, she did with this one).

What do y'all think?

07vanquish

Acoording to Lee Unkrich, no, and Bonnie isn't the one most people think is Boo, but another girl that is at the daycare. However, in the seen she is present, she is playing with a blue kitty (which was what she named Sully's in Monster's inc) and expresses ''Boo'' at some point, so its hard to say. But I wish it was her, it would be pretty awesome.

toy-story-3-boo-monsters-inc1.jpg

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Acoording to Lee Unkrich, no, and Bonnie isn't the one most people think is Boo, but another girl that is at the daycare. However, in the seen she is present, she is playing with a blue kitty (which was what she named Sully's in Monster's inc) and expresses ''Boo'' at some point, so its hard to say. But I wish it was her, it would be pretty awesome.

toy-story-3-boo-monsters-inc1.jpg
That girl does look like Boo!

AndyS2992

Hi All! I have a fun inquiry and if anyone could answer the following question, that "someone" would probably come from this site (just short of asking Pete Docter or John Lasseter): Is Boo, from "Monsters Inc.," Bonnie, from "Toy Story 3?"

My DH says, "No," and there are conflicting results online. My DD3's speech therapist sparked this debate in my household, when she told me the other day, "Did you know that Bonnie is Boo?" (she knows we're big Disney fans, and tries to stump me with Disney-related tid-bits...well, she did with this one).

What do y'all think?

Boo's real name is Mary so she can't be Bonnie :p but I'm fairly certain the little girl in the picture above is her in a cameo.

journ116

Original Poster
Sorry...guess I should've scrolled down the "Forums" list more and posted this thread in the appropriate place! Thank you!

WED99

there's no question, that girl at Sunnyside is Boo grown up. Everything in a Pixar movie has to be sculpted on a computer remember, so some animator spent an hour or more making that blue kitty specifically for that girl. Wether Lee Unkrich knows it or not, some guy made it her when he animated that sequence.

bsiev1977

there's no question, that girl at Sunnyside is Boo grown up. Everything in a Pixar movie has to be sculpted on a computer remember, so some animator spent an hour or more making that blue kitty specifically for that girl. Wether Lee Unkrich knows it or not, some guy made it her when he animated that sequence.
Very good thought. Like you said, it probably took dozens if not hundreds of hours to create that blue kitty on the computer. Plus her saying "Boo", just can't be coincidence.

WED99

Very good thought. Like you said, it probably took dozens if not hundreds of hours to create that blue kitty on the computer. Plus her saying "Boo", just can't be coincidence.
I wouldn't say hundreds but it spent at least a few dozen on screen being animated.

lazyboy97o

Why would this girl bring her toy to the day care and what indicates that it is hers aside from it briefly being seen in her procession? Seems like a bit of a stretch. Is a cat doll that crazy of an idea?

WED99

Why would this girl bring her toy to the day care and what indicates that it is hers aside from it briefly being seen in her procession? Seems like a bit of a stretch. Is a cat doll that crazy of an idea?
Who said she brought it from home? Maybe she just saw the blue kitty and decided to role play. And there is more evidence, like the fact the resemblance is nearly identical and that she says Boo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom