New Disney Parks CD to release this year!

djkidkaz

Original Poster
So last year right around the opening of Test Track 2.0 I was chatting with two of the Imagineers who were working on the audio for TT and one of them mentioned that his other projects were New Fantasyland and working on updating the theme park audio cd for next year ( 2013 ). He said that they were adding a lot of new music to it. Nothing more than that but I know many of us love our park music so I thought it would be worthy of posting here. Oh and before anyone asks, he didn't mention a date or anything, just said "next year".

Figgy1

Premium Member
So last year right around the opening of Test Track 2.0 I was chatting with two of the Imagineers who were working on the audio for TT and one of them mentioned that his other projects were New Fantasyland and working on updating the theme park audio cd for next year ( 2013 ). He said that they were adding a lot of new music to it. Nothing more than that but I know many of us love our park music so I thought it would be worthy of posting here. Oh and before anyone asks, he didn't mention a date or anything, just said "next year".
ok so I'm going to have to update my 4 parks 1 world cd!!! Glad I got Disney dollars for Christmas!

aladdin2007

Def long overdue, I love collecting these even though I can find more material online. I think maybe they decided to wait on purpose cause of the new fantasyland and all. Is Randy Thornton doing this one also?

lpet11984

^I still wish they would back in the full, original Innoventions Area Loop that Russell Brower did; the one that arranged all of the original pavilion themes into it. Some great arranging/composing there, that especially with the push to go "retro" and tip their hats to the Epcot of the past while re-imagining things like Test Track, it would be nice to hear. /music rant

I, too, would love to see another Parks CD. Especially with some of the great new music additions from TT 2.0 and New Fantasyland. Heck, I don't think they even have an official CD out with Toy Story Midway Mania on it. And with the new releases over in DCA (CarsLand CD and Carthay Circle Sessions), a new release for WDW would be awesome.

lpet11984

I'm not sure who's done it- haven't been able to find any information. (It's always a shame to me how little information there is about the people who write/perform the music for the parks there is. I try to dig up some of what I can and check out a few reputable sources, but it always seems that is it way too difficult. Hopefully with the release of a new CD, some of these talents will be recognized.)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Cool! It's about time. There hasn't been a new release in so long. I'd like to see some of the newer stuff from Test Track, Space Mountain, TSMM, etc. on there.

disneypearl

That's great! I would love a new CD for my collection. I would probably get it by mail order because I wouldn't be able to wait for next trip.

Mr Bill

It'd be nice. Since they dropped the 40th Anniversary project something new is long overdue.

Not to mention online sources now have a far better catalogue of unavailable material.
Audio from the parks is an area I think Disney could make a decent pile of cash these days. Especially with how prominent digital distribution is now. Why bother with arranging and manufacturing CDs when there's literally hundreds of tracks they could be selling for a buck a piece? I know it's a niche market, but the costs to get this stuff out on a platform like iTunes can't be that significant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom