A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas

DocMcHulk

Original Poster
From the social butterflies, I mean the Disney Parks Blog...
We’re happy to share here on the Disney Parks Blog today that a new interactive quest called A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas will debut in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom Park this spring. (And check out this great artist rendering that our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared with us!)

More at the link above

alindley

Honestly, I think this will just lead to more people running around not going on rides. Which is wonderful for me seeing as that's all I want to do. But at a certain point they will run out of places to put these things and will have to create more rides to handle the volume of guests, so if this starting up now is the way to help that then great. If it means, we have to get 3 of these in every park before they do, that's just a waste.

Bairstow

I kind of like these small-scale individual scavenger... quest... things...
Do we have a proper term for these yet?

poc102938SMALL.jpg

disneyeater

I like the idea of these (although the one my kids can play while I stroll around World Showcase is the only one I am actually interested in), but I hope they limit the number they are putting in. One in AK and one on Streets of America should be the limit.

MeTa

It also said on the release that you will get to see barbossa and jack......will there be some sort of meet and greet similar to disneyland.....seems that WDW lacks that photo op and autograph for the kids and that would be awesome.

Bairstow

It also said on the release that you will get to see barbossa and jack......will there be some sort of meet and greet similar to disneyland.....seems that WDW lacks that photo op and autograph for the kids and that would be awesome.

Probably too early to tell.
Scavenger Quests usually include some sort of guest-to-person interaction but I don't see them dedicating a full-time costumed character CM to this thing.
If I would have to guess, I'd say that you'll need to meet up with a gift shop employee at some point, but that Jack or Barbossa will be limited to appearances on screen, either a fixed one somewhere in the land or on the little phone thing you use.

MeTa

thats one of the most frustrating parts of WDW is that we dont have a meet with spaorrow. My kid wanted to get a quick pic with him at the show outside the ride and he did an impromptu stop for a pic but he was behind him and it wasnt personable, i know they are not allowed to but they should be since he is such a popular character.

Paul jr

That could be fun. Complete the quest... scavenger... things... and as a reward you can meet the Captain. Harrrrrr:mad:

Kev1417

Are they using these types of "games" to keep people out of the lines or reduce wait times? seems more logical just to build a new ride to displace people. I guess the new mine train will take care of some of that, but add a new e-ticket and we may see lines decrease more across the board. Instead I feel all of these scavenger hunt games could just cause more crowded walk ways.

paul436

I kind of like these small-scale individual scavenger... quest... things...
Me too. Even if I do not want to participate, it may keep the lines a bit shorter. But I am always looking for something new to do at WDW. After several trips, new things can be a lot of fun. I may even stumble into a place I never happened to get to before.

Bairstow

Does the concept art show people shooting at the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse?

They appear to be shooting at a bell, which I assume is going to in the old remote control boat area near the Jungle Cruise.
The concept art appears to be taking some liberties with the geography of the land for artistic purposes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom