Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster -- Soft Openings?

StoneCutter589

Original Poster
The anticipated completion date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster is in December of 2013. I will be visiting WDW in August. Any chance to catch a soft opening, or is August too early? When do soft opening usually occur in relation to official opening dates?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It varies in almost every project. Some have been months before, some have been days before. There really isn't anyway to know at this point. My guess would be that August will be too soon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The anticipated completion date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster is in December of 2013. I will be visiting WDW in August. Any chance to catch a soft opening, or is August too early? When do soft opening usually occur in relation to official opening dates?

Everything I have seen says the anticipated completion date is the first quarter of 2014. During one of the Fantasyland grand opening presentations Tom Staggs also said it would open "Spring 2014".

rsoxguy

Having seen the construction recently, I can not imagine that a fully functioning attraction would be available by this Summer or early Fall.

RonAnnArbor

I can virtually guarantee that it will NOT be open for any kind of soft openings throughout 2013. There was another thread where someone "guessed it might be open by the end of the year" -- no, it won't. They announced first quarter of 2014, and even that isn't guaranteed. Current construction is nowhere near even finishing laying the track, let alone theming, building the mountain landscaping around it, and finishing it and testing it. The answer is, 2013, no.

Zipadeelady

I can virtually guarantee that it will NOT be open for any kind of soft openings throughout 2013. There was another thread where someone "guessed it might be open by the end of the year" -- no, it won't. They announced first quarter of 2014, and even that isn't guaranteed. Current construction is nowhere near even finishing laying the track, let alone theming, building the mountain landscaping around it, and finishing it and testing it. The answer is, 2013, no.

You just burst my bubble :( You sound so confident...are you in the know?

HamFam

I can't wait until it's complete, Mickey2008 is right, it is kind of an eyesore. New Fantasyland still seems to have an odd kind of traffic flow. I hope the SDMTC opens everything up a bit.

koryadams

I was thinking about this too. I hope it is done by the holidays 2013! I will be going close to christmas...but if they are saying early 2014, that could be clear to April 2014...so I hope they work fast lol

C&D

This was in early December: (I don't think it's going to happen for you Dec '13 trip; I'm thinking this one is going to run into '14) JMO

DisneyCruise-WDW12361_zps75169669.jpg

DisneyCruise-WDW12359_zps1b0adbc5.jpg

Goofyernmost

This was in early December: (I don't think it's going to happen for you Dec '13 trip; I'm thinking this one is going to run into '14) JMO

DisneyCruise-WDW12361_zps75169669.jpg

DisneyCruise-WDW12359_zps1b0adbc5.jpg
Just there last Friday, and it doesn't look a whole lot different then those pictures. It will be a while, no doubt. If it is this year, it for sure will not be before December, but that is a very optimistic view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom