New Balance becomes official footwear sponsor of the 2013 runDisney race series

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
New Balance becomes the official footwear sponsor of the 2013 runDisney race series, starting this weekend with the Walt Disney World Marathon.

5q6u.jpg

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
These would look great on a woman, but im not wearing Minnie Mouse looking shoes with pokie dots. LOL

Ill stick to my Hoka's, however, congrats New Balance.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
These would look great on a woman, but im not wearing Minnie Mouse looking shoes with pokie dots. LOL

As soon as I saw these I thought to myself "now those would be perfect for Joel or Nick!" LOL.

My wife has already made the "oooooooh they are cute" noises. She's getting tempted!

Mickey&Minnie

Conversation with husband..
Me: "look babe at these new balance shoes"
Him: "you want the dont you?"
Me: a giggle
Him: "will they be at the expo?"
Me: "yep! In limited quantities."
Him: "how much are they?"
Me: "no price has been released yet"
Him: "oh lord"

Lol. He totally supports my obsession.

Texas84

Sweet! I'm a New Balance guy. Now how about a plain old blue/silver 860 with the runDisney logo? That red/yellow is a bit flashy for me.

joel_maxwell

As soon as I saw these I thought to myself "now those would be perfect for Joel or Nick!" LOL.

My wife has already made the "oooooooh they are cute" noises. She's getting tempted!
Dont make me come across the pond......

;)
Nice kicks for some girls!

Boy did Spira do a crash and burn. Who? Exactly.
Did anyone ever try on the Spira's? I thought that an actual spring in the heel of a shoe was crazy talk anyway. I almost tried them on at the Inaugural Wine N Dine expo 2 years ago, but didnt.

Once they got Jeff Galloway, they needed to dance with the big boy shoes and not an experimental shoe that just didnt make sense to me. Im all for experiemental shoes. Im wearing a shoe that no one has ever heard of (besides Nick), but the Spir'as seemed goofy (pun intended). By the looks of their site, looks like some sponsored athletes had made some podium finishes though.

MKCP 1985

I have a couple pair of Spira from 2008 and 2010. They are all right - serious runners complain they are heavy.

joel_maxwell

I have a couple pair of Spira from 2008 and 2010. They are all right - serious runners complain they are heavy.
My Hoka's weight 11 oz's. They are like a feather to me. Spira's range from 7.5 to 11.5. Whom ever is calling them heavy must run with no shoes on period. Wow.

dreamfinder

If these were my model I would have totally bought a pair. My wife runs in this model, but she thought they looked more like something from Cars than Minnie Mouse themed.

Uncle Lupe

Gut reaction was those are some ugly shoes. Did not see the Minnie reference until it was pointed out. (Where's my sign?) Knowing the tie in they look better.

SoupBone

I'd really like to get a pair of these (the Mickey ones), but I wasn't able to make the event this year. I don't think New Balance will be offering them for sale online either. I guess they are subscribing to the Disney business model of limited edition items being sold for absurd prices on eBay.

dreamfinder

I'd really like to get a pair of these (the Mickey ones), but I wasn't able to make the event this year. I don't think New Balance will be offering them for sale online either. I guess they are subscribing to the Disney business model of limited edition items being sold for absurd prices on eBay.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if New Balance did offer them for sale online. They currently have 3 other variations of the 860v3 in Limited Edition colorways available as "online only" here -> http://www.newbalance.com/Men-#39;s...YC_color=Red_with_Yellow&start=22&cgid=101000 here -> http://www.newbalance.com/Men-#39;s...C3_color=Blue_with_Green&start=35&cgid=101000 and here -> http://www.newbalance.com/Limited-E...color=Orange_with_Silver&start=59&cgid=101000. Of which two are NYC related items, which is similar to how they sold the Boston 890v3. Which despite being listed as an online exclusive, did show up in some stores as well. I'd bet that it will either end up being sold on the New Balance site, or possibly through something like the DisneyStore. Probably the former.

SoupBone

I actually wouldn't be surprised if New Balance did offer them for sale online. They currently have 3 other variations of the 860v3 in Limited Edition colorways available as "online only" here -> http://www.newbalance.com/Men-#39;s-Limited-Edition-NYC-990/M990-NYC,default,pd.html?dwvar_M990-NYC_color=Red_with_Yellow&start=22&cgid=101000 here -> http://www.newbalance.com/Men-#39;s-Limited-Edition-NYC-860v3/M860-NYC3,default,pd.html?dwvar_M860-NYC3_color=Blue_with_Green&start=35&cgid=101000 and here -> http://www.newbalance.com/Limited-E...color=Orange_with_Silver&start=59&cgid=101000. Of which two are NYC related items, which is similar to how they sold the Boston 890v3. Which despite being listed as an online exclusive, did show up in some stores as well. I'd bet that it will either end up being sold on the New Balance site, or possibly through something like the DisneyStore. Probably the former.

Thanks for posting this! It gives me some hope that they might end up for sale. These would not be every day shoe wear for me, but I would wear them on occasion. I already see 4 pairs up on eBay for around $400 a pair. Simply ridiculous...

Ariel484

Did anyone buy these? I saw a few people wearing them around the parks and some (gasp!) wearing them dring the races.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom