Renting a boat for Illuminations?

coachwnh

Not quite true. We did an Illuminations cruise on Christmas Eve and received a 15% AP discount.
Christmas eve you will, christmas day you wont. Im pretty sure the blackout dates are similar to the TIW card. we were able to use that on christmas eve, but not christmas day. so dates like July 4, thanksgiving, etc are non discounted days. but even w/o the discount, well worth it!!!!!

mousefan1972

Christmas eve you will, christmas day you wont. Im pretty sure the blackout dates are similar to the TIW card. we were able to use that on christmas eve, but not christmas day. so dates like July 4, thanksgiving, etc are non discounted days. but even w/o the discount, well worth it!!!!!

We've gotten the discount on Christmas Day, too. And Christmas Eve is blocked out for the TIW card. When it comes to getting a discount on a specialty cruise, always ask! Even if a holiday is supposed to be blocked out, often the CM will give the discount. We have never been denied a discount and have done a specialty cruise on Christmas Day from 2008 until 2012, when we switched to Christmas Eve.

We've gotten the discount on Christmas Day, too. And Christmas Eve is blocked out for the TIW card. When it comes to getting a discount on a specialty cruise, always ask! Even if a holiday is supposed to be blocked out, often the CM will give the discount. We have never been denied a discount and have done a specialty cruise on Christmas Day from 2008 until 2012, when we switched to Christmas Eve.
We used our TIW card this past Christmas Eve :)

coachwnh

we asked, but were told its a black out date. said the same when we booked it.

coachwnh

TIW in NOT blocked out on christmas eve. used it at cape may for breakfast and tutto italia for our drinks (we did the candle light that night and TIW isnt used for that, but for your alcohol it is) So yes, you can use it on Christmas eve!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
TIW in NOT blocked out on christmas eve. used it at cape may for breakfast and tutto italia for our drinks (we did the candle light that night and TIW isnt used for that, but for your alcohol it is) So yes, you can use it on Christmas eve!
Ours was blacked out at Sanna on Christmas Eve and Cape May on Christmas morning last year.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just wondering, could you rent one of the SeaRaycers and just drive there yourself and watch?
You could not for illuminations. The docking location is filled with the pontoon boats used for the fireworks cruises. I also do not think they rent boats after dark.

Goofyernmost

You could not for illuminations. The docking location is filled with the pontoon boats used for the fireworks cruises. I also do not think they rent boats after dark.
Do they even have them at Epcot? I've never seen one there anytime of the day. Or am I getting confused here. Illuminations is the Epcot display isn't it. This all sounds like MK.

Rob562

I've taken Illuminations cruises as part of a group twice. They were a lot of fun. But that being said, I'm not so sure I think it's worth the price now, even when split by 10 people.

When I did it, I think it was $15-$20 per person and that included a tip for the boat captain. You could arrange with Yacht Club room service to get food catered for the trip, but they allowed you to take on your own food and beverages, including alcohol. So we'd bring on a little cooler with soda and beer in it, and bring along our own snacks.

Since then, Disney has jacked up the price, gives you a few snacks and sodas, and forbids you from bringing your own food.

I think they only time I'd do a fireworks cruise again might be if I win the lottery or something and I take a group of friends and family out on the Grand I for fireworks at the MK.

-Rob

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do they even have them at Epcot? I've never seen one there anytime of the day. Or am I getting confused here. Illuminations is the Epcot display isn't it. This all sounds like MK.
They do have the sea racers at the Yacht club but you can not take them into the lagoon at WS. As far as fireworks cruises go, they do them for both Wishes and Illuminations. In the case of Illuminations they start at the Yacht Club and take you down the water way and turn around at DHS. They then come back and dock under the bridge between England and France for the fireworks.

For Wishes they depart from any of the monorail resorts, cruise around 7 seas lagoons and then you watch the fire works from either in front of or behind the island. After that they will take you around to bay lake to watch the boat parade.

Goofyernmost

To me the question was about renting a boat, mention was even made of the pontoons. My response was about that, if they are talking about Illuminations in Epcot, the only option is a cruise. That might, however, be what they were talking about. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And this folks, is why it's not worth it. Imagine all those obstructions. Christ. Man up, and stand dead and center near the "entrance" to World Showcase.
Incorrect. There are virtually no obstructions. About the only thing you do not have a 100% clear shot of is the globe right when it first starts up.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Pretty much a straight shot clear view from the bridge to the globe.

illuminationsglobe_zpsa2846232.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom