Projects in the pipeline

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Now that FLE Phase I and TT2 are completed, I'm wondering what's next. Officially, there's FLE Phase II and Avatar. FLE Phase II is well under construction. Avatar hasn't even started construction preparations. If Avatar is to open in 2015, should construction be starting very soon? Have they even said when the construction is supposed to begin?

Speaking of 2015 (just two years away now), that's when Disney promised to release Star Wars VII. It's also the year Iger promised he would step down. Who are the candidates in line to replace him? Any chance that John Lasseter could get elected?

Seriously, we should research all qualified candidates in line for the CEO position and vet their history to see which would be better or worse for the company and WDW. My obvious biased choice would be Lasseter. We need to weigh the other candidates as well (in the event Lasseter isn't considered). If we find a strong candidate would be great for the parks and one the BOD would vote for, we can make some noise here showing our support and maybe have a tad of influence over the process!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Seriously, we should research all qualified candidates in line for the CEO position and vet their history to see which would be better or worse for the company and WDW. My obvious biased choice would be Lasseter. We need to weigh the other candidates as well (in the event Lasseter isn't considered). If we find a strong candidate would be great for the parks and one the BOD would vote for, we can make some noise here showing our support and maybe have a tad of influence over the process!
This would be an exercise in futility.....

PeterAlt

Original Poster
This would be an exercise in futility.....
I disagree. First, it offers a checks and balance system for work they would have done any way. In effect, it would validate their own research and vetting - or uncover a stone unturned that they somehow didn't see. In either case, our voice collectively here in these groups, when loud and unwavering, can and did influence. The collective voice of discussion groups from all over the Internet (with Roy Disney's help) helped persuade Eisner not to seek another term, effectively stepping down.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I hope rather than new attractions at MK... The future is mostly a fix and refurb first mode. Also where is Avatar Land supposed to be located and what work is being done in AK at the moment?

Pixiedustmaker

There was a rumor that TDO is looking at putting a boutique Star Wars half-day park for $200 admission, and you get to build a lightsaber, have a personalized experience, and probably some big fancy E-Ticket. They were looking at DHS, but due to space restrictions, it would be its own park.

I think Carsland and Star Wars could round out a fifth gate, and they could start with the Star Wars part, make it a boutique park, and then add on more stuff later.

I bet that Avatarland bites the dust.

Pixiedustmaker

I hope rather than new attractions at MK... The future is mostly a fix and refurb first mode. Also where is Avatar Land supposed to be located and what work is being done in AK at the moment?

I don't think they'll ever have a fix and refurb for the whole resort at the same time, if only because this would be a relatively big increase in the budget, plus a lot of rides would be knocked out of commission. Not to say it shouldn't happen, obviously Splash fell into disrepair.

Anyway, a fifth gate would, once completed, start bringing in money, and would have its own upkeep budget which it would support in future years.

So, given that upkeep and CapEx on new rides/lands/parks are sort of different budgetary issues, I don't think one necessarily precludes the other.

JafarMaleficent

There was a rumor that TDO is looking at putting a boutique Star Wars half-day park for $200 admission, and you get to build a lightsaber, have a personalized experience, and probably some big fancy E-Ticket. They were looking at DHS, but due to space restrictions, it would be its own park.

I think Carsland and Star Wars could round out a fifth gate, and they could start with the Star Wars part, make it a boutique park, and then add on more stuff later.

I bet that Avatarland bites the dust.

Rumor I don't see happening. Avatarland may bite the dust.

Ignohippo

Dont forget pixar expansion as well as star wars

I don't believe either will happen in the next 10 years.

Avatar is next. If MIU does well, we could finally see an MI ride. Star Wars is coming, but imagineering has just begun, so that's probably a decade off. The way TDO doesn't like to spend money, I'm not holding my breath for RSR or an expanded Pixar Place.

ToTBellHop

I don't believe either will happen in the next 10 years.

Avatar is next. If MIU does well, we could finally see an MI ride. Star Wars is coming, but imagineering has just begun, so that's probably a decade off. The way TDO doesn't like to spend money, I'm not holding my breath for RSR or an expanded Pixar Place.
The MI ride would be so easy to have built with the work they've put into it. Hopefully MI does well and they pull the trigger. I'd actually prefer this to RSR for now since it would happen quickly and be a WDW exclusive (maybe).

Ignohippo

The MI ride would be so easy to have built with the work they've put into it. Hopefully MI does well and they pull the trigger. I'd actually prefer this to RSR for now since it would happen quickly and be a WDW exclusive (maybe).

With MU coming out in a few months, it's completely idiotic that they don't have that thing ready to go for 2013. I understand that their big marketing push is the FLE, and that they expect it to carry them through 2015, but it's really way too little. The 1-2 punch of the FLE and a MI coaster would have been amazing.

I still say that the SWMT took the place of the MI coaster as far as the suits were concerned. I have a bad feeling that they are of the mindset that two coasters opening around the same time would have been redundant.

ToTBellHop

With MU coming out in a few months, it's completely idiotic that they don't have that thing ready to go for 2013. I understand that their big marketing push is the FLE, and that they expect it to carry them through 2015, but it's really way too little. The 1-2 punch of the FLE and a MI coaster would have been amazing.

I still say that the SWMT took the place of the MI coaster as far as the suits were concerned. I have a bad feeling that they are of the mindset that two coasters opening around the same time would have been redundant.
True, but the best we could hope for now would be a monsters coaster for 2015. They need to do something if Avatar won't come until at least 2017. 7DMT in 2014 then nothing until 2017 would be unacceptable to even TDO, I would think.

Bob Saget

How likely is Cars Land still looking as of now? I know we have an entire thread on the subject, but can't make out what the official consensus is. Still looking like a go? That was the one project I was looking forward to more than any of them.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Can someone decode all these abbreviations used on this thread so far! Thanks because I got lost several posts back and haven't figured them out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom