Renting a boat for Illuminations?

mbtohill

Original Poster
Thinking of renting a boat to view Illuminations, has anyone done this? Any feedback, input would be appreciated.

rsoxguy

I have been on several fireworks cruises, both for wishes and illuminations. It is without doubt, one of the best ways to watch the fireworks. I can not recommend it enough.

That's a great recommendation, and something that I will remember for later in the year. Thanks.

Nemo14

We did the Illuminations one a few years ago. It was fun, but we picked the coldest night of the year to go. I think you can take 10 people on the boat,which can make it much more affordable if you're splitting the costs.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We did the Illuminations one a few years ago. It was fun, but we picked the coldest night of the year to go. I think you can take 10 people on the boat,which can make it much more affordable if you're splitting the costs.
That is correct. The cost for the cruises starts around $350. That is a little steep for a family of 4 but when you combine 2 families or a bunch of friends, the individual cost comes down to a much more reasonable level.

LuLaSue

Reservation for cruises can be made by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.
If you are a DVC memeber and show your card at time of payment you get 10% off.

Timekeeper

A lot of weddings (at the MK pavilion in particular) will end their reception by taking the wedding party out on boats into the lagoon to watch the MK fireworks. Very cool.

coachwnh

Thinking of renting a boat to view Illuminations, has anyone done this? Any feedback, input would be appreciated.
Done both illuminations cruise and wishes and they are both awesome and well worth it. Couldnt think of a better way to celebrate a special occasion that the cruise with my family. We did illuminations for my wife's bday in the summer and wishes this past christmas night. We have illuminations planned for our kids bdays this February and we cant wait. we have done it with just the 4 of us. ive seen couples on their honeymoon alone, as well as bigger groups. i think you can only have parties up to 10 on the boats. again, well worth the experience. have fun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom