Another Disney Parks "New Years Eve Announcement" 2012

TP2000

Hands up of you visited WDW before say 1994. 1990? 1985?

My hand is up!

I think the first WDW trip I made was about '84 (it's a little fuzzy, it could have been '85), and I fell in love with EPCOT Center. I had been going to Disneyland annually for years and years and years before that, and wasn't that impressed with Magic Kingdom beyond the huge castle, but EPCOT was fabulous. Then I made a second big WDW trip that I remember much better, likely because I took a Sony shoulder mounted video camera with me, in the spring of 1987. Then came a series of visits in the early and mid 1990's, tapering off in the late 90's when I moved back to the West Coast and got more involved with Disneyland (the other woman). Then multiple visits picking up again in the 2000's, and so on.

Ktbennett

Been reading this forum for a while and find what you all say very intresting I just got back from Disney on the 17th dec and that was my 13 visit been back in 2009 and my first first was in 1990 when I was 7. And then went a few more times over the next few years around one or maybe two a year and I love disney a lot ......

But I was a little disappointed at how some of the rides needed a bit of tlc to be honest splash mountain quite a few of the animatronics were not working and the jumping water in laughing place was not working and a few more bits ... My kids never noticed as they have never seen it before but being a expected rider I did ...... But it's not just disney I found this to be the same in some other parks as well ......

I was hoping the announcement would be more .... And gutted I can't enter ..... Would still love to go back again ...
Not sure when I'll be back ... As I know it won't be for a while .....

But I have heard rumours that Spain and England are getting a Disney like theme park maybe in the near future from paramount so here is hoping ......

But hope you all have a great new year ....

Fantasmic

You can't even enter if you live in the UK. That makes the announcement even more pathetic.

Disney, you've failed (but I will still go this year... like some kind of weird sadist)

asianway

Given the fact that Disney is a $40 Billion multinational corp. and the fact that they are making a "BIG" announcement on national TV on New Years Eve, I would expect some BIG like giving away 1 trip a day everyday of 2013. I don't see much difference between 31 trips and 1 trip. Would Disney make such an announcement of 1 trip?
Great, 31 more ignorant Philistines that shouldn't be able to afford WDW who will find everything MAGICal & find their way back to the boards to complain about the mean doom & gloomers.

kittybubbles

The 'Amazing Fun' is also Disneyland:

"At Disneyland® Resort, it’s special World of Color dining and viewing*, a one-day
Adventures By Disney® Lights! Camera! Magic! Tour of Hollywood and Fantasmic!
V.I.P. seating with desserts included. This vacation is action packed with eye-popping shows and entertainment! It’s a delightful 5-day/4-night vacation for 4 that includes air transportation, hotel accommodations, Theme Park tickets, Disney’s PhotoPass® Service, $500 Disney Gift Card, a welcome basket, along with special adventures you’ll never forget!
*World of Color experience based on availability

Thanks! My mistake, I assume the full description did not load on my device as when I viewed it it had no mention of DLR nor was there a 'read more' link like I see now....last night, I was wondering why only one of the offers mentioned DLR, but I guess it was my device/Internet connection.

Disneykidder

I'm not disappointed at all. A chance to win another trip is awesome. If I win, I would be over the moon. There are a few of them I would choose, if I were to win. I will definitely be entering once a day and so will my hubby.

Remember, Disney didn't have to announce anything. Just because Dick's Rockin' Eve is on ABC doesn't mean that Disney has to do anything big at all. So, in let's be grateful that Disney has even offered this. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But I have heard rumours that Spain and England are getting a Disney like theme park maybe in the near future from paramount so here is hoping ......

But hope you all have a great new year ....
Err... Paramount isn't Disney. And don't believe those rumours too much. We're still waiting for the Warner Brothers park, opening north of Watford in 1999....

Anyway, that's what they built Disneyland Paris for :)

NewfieFan

Great, 31 more ignorant Philistines that shouldn't be able to afford WDW who will find everything MAGICal & find their way back to the boards to complain about the mean doom & gloomers.

Most "ignorant Philistines" are not on Disney forums... and won't be making their way back here to complain!

As for the "shouldn't be able to afford WDW" part, I would love to see a few families win that wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity to visit DL or WDW.

miles1

Tried to enter three times this morning and the site is too busy to handle the volume. I'd love to win the Cali trip since we've never been there aside from layovers at LAX. You'd think they'd have it set up to handle the rush after making a national announcement like this?

ParentsOf4

I'm not disappointed at all. A chance to win another trip is awesome. If I win, I would be over the moon. There are a few of them I would choose, if I were to win. I will definitely be entering once a day and so will my hubby.

Remember, Disney didn't have to announce anything. Just because Dick's Rockin' Eve is on ABC doesn't mean that Disney has to do anything big at all. So, in let's be grateful that Disney has even offered this. :)
Grateful???

More desperate PR spin when the foundations are crumbling?
Although I agree Disney didn't have to offer anything, being "grateful" is simply ridiculous. This is part of their advertising budget. I'm hardly "grateful" when I see a Disney ad on TV and this is nothing more than an extension of that. As a multi-billion dollar corporation, this ad campaign is nothing more than a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Recall that in Walt Disney's day, Disney's advertising budget was almost non-existent. Walt's philosophy was that the parks should sell themselves. His idea of advertising was to invest the money in the parks and win over customers by offering top-quality products.

Marni1971 is completely correct to suggest this is nothing but PR spin while WDW's foundations continue to crumble.

Today's Disney executives hate the "What would Walt do?" philosophy that used to permeate TWDC. In this particular case, there is no question where Walt would have spent the money.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Why does this not surprise me? Disney never can seem to get their websites to be fully functional...

Please correct the following to continue:

Sorry, this site is currently unavailable due to high volume. Please try again later.

bags23

I think this is my first ever post on DIS Boards. I really enjoy the site for news and tips, etc. However, I feel compelled to comment on this topic. This is for the few of you that are upset? What exactly is all the complaining about? This isn't enough for you, so you complain? You want more, more, more, more. If they offered 1 trip a day for a year, there would still be those that say, "I cannot believe a company that just paid $4 Billion for star wars, can't give 10 trips a day away every day." It will never be enough. If I lived outside the United States, I would feel a little slighted. Disney strives to be a global brand, so maybe something is coming for those in other countries. The last big surprise was a leap day celebration. This surprise is 31 families get a free trip to Disney. It sounds like a good deal to me and will be signing up as soon as the servers allow me to. Happy New Year to ALL!

unkadug

I think this is my first ever post on DIS Boards. I really enjoy the site for news and tips, etc. However, I feel compelled to comment on this topic. This is for the few of you that are upset? What exactly is all the complaining about? This isn't enough for you, so you complain? You want more, more, more, more. If they offered 1 trip a day for a year, there would still be those that say, "I cannot believe a company that just paid $4 Billion for star wars, can't give 10 trips a day away every day." It will never be enough. If I lived outside the United States, I would feel a little slighted. Disney strives to be a global brand, so maybe something is coming for those in other countries. The last big surprise was a leap day celebration. This surprise is 31 families get a free trip to Disney. It sounds like a good deal to me and will be signing up as soon as the servers allow me to. Happy New Year to ALL!
First of all ...this isn't the DIS boards...you are on the wrong site.
Second of all...the site is non functional as most of Disney's websites seem to be.
Thirdly...how can you be a member for nine years and only have two posts? Are you a recently banned member who created a sock puppet a long time ago?

Disneykidder

Although I agree Disney didn't have to offer anything, being "grateful" is simply ridiculous. This is part of their advertising budget. I'm hardly "grateful" when I see a Disney ad on TV and this is nothing more than an extension of that. As a multi-billion dollar corporation, this ad campaign is nothing more than a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Recall that in Walt Disney's day, Disney's advertising budget was almost non-existent. Walt's philosophy was that the parks should sell themselves. His idea of advertising was to invest the money in the parks and win over customers by offering top-quality products.

Marni1971 is completely correct to suggest this is nothing but PR spin while WDW's foundations continue to crumble.

Today's Disney executives hate the "What would Walt do?" philosophy that used to permeate TWDC. In this particular case, there is no question where Walt would have spent the money.

So, you're not entering then? If you were to win would you be grateful or complain that it was only 5 days and not six? I'm not trying to cause an argument at all. I am simply looking at the possibility of winning a trip to Disney as a good thing. I suppose you don't think it is a good thing? What's also funny is that you "liked" my post yet you are bashing one word that I said.

bags23

First of all ...this isn't the DIS boards...you are on the wrong site.
Second of all...the site is non functional as most of Disney's websites seem to be.
Thirdly...how can you be a member for nine years and only have two posts? Are you a recently banned member who created a sock puppet a long time ago?
I've never been banned, and I apologize for the error in websites. I did make a sock puppet when I was younger. I guess this is only my second post because I have better stuff to do, but that's irrelevant. Happy New Year.

unkadug

Why does this not surprise me? Disney never can seem to get their websites to be fully functional...

It's actually getting worse:
Please correct the following to continue:

• A technical error has occurred. Please try again later.
  • Site unavailable due to high volume. Please try again

unkadug

I've never been banned, and I apologize for the error in websites. I did make a sock puppet when I was younger. I guess this is only my second post because I have better stuff to do, but that's irrelevant. Happy New Year.
If you have better stuff to do then why are you even replying?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom