Splitsville Blog Meet-Up

WDW1974

Dave covered everything I was going to cover once y'all told me your problem with "the dumbo blogger" as y'all refer to her as. She is also one of my best friends too. The issue seems to be here that you all are mad that she just does a real bang up job at her job. But those of you on twitter, don't you appreciate it, for those of you who don't live local, when these "media" people (yeah that's a flimsy term for Disney -- move on) tweet pictures and info about stuff that is taking place in the parks? Pretty sure you do...

I didn't really 'like' your post. I just felt bad that someone had almost 10,000 posts on this site and not one like. So, Merry Christmas.

Tell your pal, that we'd love to have her here and everyone else that reads and then goes back to the safety of the Twitterverse/Facebook cliques to chat/discuss/disparage.

I, for one (and I speak for no one but me), don't give a damn about seeing pictures or Tweets from people/sources I don't know or trust. I really don't even enjoy them here. I'll see the things that interest me when I visit the parks. I don't need a blow by blow (no fanboi jokes here, sorry!) description of Test Track 2.0 before I ride it. I also don't need to see every meal of six that one blogger had at BoG (may have even paid for one or two!)

PhotoDave219

I'll see the things that interest me when I visit the parks. I don't need a blow by blow (no fanboi jokes here, sorry!) description of Test Track 2.0 before I ride it.

Thats why I unfollowed a lot of people. There was a giant "spoiler" argument, debate, or flat out blocking people on twitter because of it. I stopped following these people who were ruining my good time and ya know what? I had a better time because I wasnt worried about what came through my phone.

WDW1974

Umm... Pretty sure... No I'm sorry scratch that... I'M POSITIVE that she does not nor has she ever cursed on the twitter for the site she works for. Does she curse on her PERSONAL account... yep... But unless I missed something along the way that's ok because well it's not her work account. If you don't like what she's saying don't follow her. Hell, don't follow me either cause good lord knows I drop the f bomb upon occasion. And I'm sorry, but accusing one of my friends of "looking for a free handout" when you don't know her is truly a terrible thing to say, because this woman is one of the strongest, hardest working, and kindest women I know.

Sorry, but that doesn't cut it. If she leaves her account public -- and she does -- and uses it communicate with Disney officials and, yes, sadly Crazy Gary Buchanan counts as one, then it's open for criticism.

It just looks bad. It's easy enough to solve. Either lock the account and use it strictly for private use and/or cut the profanity. If I worked for Disney, I wouldn't want to be associated with people who couldn't control themselves in social media outlets.

And, FWIW, this isn't just your friend, I have seen countless bloggers/podcasters etc use very foul language and some have even openly threatened others (yes, they mostly hate each other and would stab another in the back for a new Fantasyland opening day LE pin!) and engaged in other online behavior that doesn't reflect well on themselves at all ... and by association, Disney as well.

cdunbar

I didn't really 'like' your post. I just felt bad that someone had almost 10,000 posts on this site and not one like. So, Merry Christmas.

Tell your pal, that we'd love to have her here and everyone else that reads and then goes back to the safety of the Twitterverse/Facebook cliques to chat/discuss/disparage.

I, for one (and I speak for no one but me), don't give a damn about seeing pictures or Tweets from people/sources I don't know or trust. I really don't even enjoy them here. I'll see the things that interest me when I visit the parks. I don't need a blow by blow (no fanboi jokes here, sorry!) description of Test Track 2.0 before I ride it. I also don't need to see every meal of six that one blogger had at BoG (may have even paid for one or two!)
I will be more than glad to pass your message along to her, however I am far removed from your need to seemingly pity me.

WDW1974

Alright '74 you have pushed a very serious boundary, business and one's personal life are two separate entities. Her love life is none of your business no matter who she dates.

Please, they both advertised it to the world. I've never met either and couldn't care less. I truly hope they're happy together (the world does need more love after all!)

I was only informed of this 'development' when someone sent me a tweet where she apparently wanted to get rid of all references on Twitter when she apparently used a nasty term to describe her new beau.

I find all the histrionics to be laughable. If folks in the Twitverse are so interested in what is said here and the Disney parks and fan community as a whole, then they should come here and talk. The silence truly speaks volumes.

WDW1974

Its why I dont cover the mouse.... not without getting paid of course.

I would never attend one of their events unless I was being paid or was a VIP guest (and I've been both). ... The palpable quid pro quo regarding spinning PR for the Mouse is not something I feel comfortable with at all. And if someone wants to buy my integrity it's gonna take a whole lot more than a week at the Grand Flo all expenses paid!

the.dreamfinder

D̶e̶n̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶M̶o̶u̶s̶e̶s̶t̶e̶p̶s̶ ̶‏̶@̶M̶o̶u̶s̶e̶s̶t̶e̶p̶s̶ ̶
@̶T̶o̶m̶A̶m̶i̶t̶y̶C̶o̶r̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ Everyone gets a fair and equal shot at getting into the Disney Parks Blog events.

WDW1974

I'm just wondering if anyone here posting stuff about people they have never met, would you say any of these things to them personally?

Normally, I wouldn't respond to someone who only has four posts on a thread that has gotten a bit emotional and one that really is deserving of some attention. But you asked a fair question and I can only tell you that, for me personally, it makes no difference for me whether I'm at a keyboard or standing next to someone in conversation.

I am blunt and honest and don't tolerate fools or liars well. So, whatever I'd say here, I'd say in person. Hell, I'd likely be even tougher, but I'd also not be emotional and not bring any personal animus into the discussion.

That said, I really have very little desire to meet anyone who is living a Disney Lifestyle.

EastYorkDisFan

Normally, I wouldn't respond to someone who only has four posts on a thread that has gotten a bit emotional and one that really is deserving of some attention. But you asked a fair question and I can only tell you that, for me personally, it makes no difference for me whether I'm at a keyboard or standing next to someone in conversation.
Thanks for replying, didn't everyone on this board only have 4 post once too?

I am blunt and honest and don't tolerate fools or liars well. So, whatever I'd say here, I'd say in person. Hell, I'd likely be even tougher, but I'd also not be emotional and not bring any personal animus into the discussion.
Interesting how you can call some a fool or a liar without even knowing them

That said, I really have very little desire to meet anyone who is living a Disney Lifestyle.
not sure what you mean by living a Disney Lifstyle

WDW1974

D̶e̶n̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶M̶o̶u̶s̶e̶s̶t̶e̶p̶s̶ ̶‏̶@̶M̶o̶u̶s̶e̶s̶t̶e̶p̶s̶ ̶
@̶T̶o̶m̶A̶m̶i̶t̶y̶C̶o̶r̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ Everyone gets a fair and equal shot at getting into the Disney Parks Blog events.

Not surprised they would say that. Have they ever not gotten into an event they attempted to get in from the Parks Blog?

Again, there should be a once a year limit on ALL guests, not simply bloggers. But it clearly isn't fair (and let me be clear that I have never attempted to sign up for one of these deals as they are not my thing) when the invite lists are always a 'who's who' of the Disney Lifestylers.

WDW1974

Thanks for replying, didn't everyone on this board only have 4 post once too?

I suppose so. But when someone comes into a thread like this with so few posts, one is alway wary that they have ulterior motives and are looking to stir up trouble/derail the thread/or force the mods to close the thread.

Interesting how you can call some a fool or a liar without even knowing them

See, now you are taking that out of context. I am not calling anyone a fool or a liar. I said I don't tolerate those type of people well. That was a generality. Maybe I should have said I don't like to be BS'd.

not sure what you mean by living a Disney Lifstyle

Owning a Disney focused web site or other business ... spending 4-5-6-7 days a week at WDW when you don't work for the Mouse ... planning your week based on when Test Track may be soft opening etc. Need more examples?

EastYorkDisFan

I suppose so. But when someone comes into a thread like this with so few posts, one is alway wary that they have ulterior motives and are looking to stir up trouble/derail the thread/or force the mods to close the thread.
I can understand that, which was not my intent it was more to find out why someone would say things about someone they didn't know based on something they post on line.

Owning a Disney focused web site or other business ... spending 4-5-6-7 days a week at WDW when you don't work for the Mouse ... planning your week based on when Test Track may be soft opening etc. Need more examples?

So what why does this bother you so much?

WDW1974

I can understand that, which was not my intent it was more to find out why someone would say things about someone they didn't know based on something they post on line.

That's fair enough. But people are judged by their words and their actions. Again, though, I am not calling anyone anything.

So what why does this bother you so much?

Many reasons. First, I have worked in real media much of my career and I don't like the growing trend of comparing social media to real media. It isn't. Not even close as PhotoDave mentioned above. Second, as a shareholder I find it a very poor use of funds to spend on these folks as a way of growing the business or seeking a ROI. Third, I find many of the people involved to be slimy at best.

EastYorkDisFan

Many reasons. First, I have worked in real media much of my career and I don't like the growing trend of comparing social media to real media. It isn't. Not even close as PhotoDave mentioned above. Second, as a shareholder I find it a very poor use of funds to spend on these folks as a way of growing the business or seeking a ROI. Third, I find many of the people involved to be slimy at best.

I can understand your point now. Yes maybe some of them are slimy, but can't the same be also be said about some of the people from main stream media too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom