Princess Fairytale Hall

WDWYankee15

Original Poster
Was there any discussion of Princess Fairytale Hall today during the What's Next... stike that... Around the World Presentation? or perhaps during any of the New Fantasyland media events?

How about an opening date target or any new concept art?

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I noticed on Friday that Tiana has been removed from the sign at Fantasyland.

She used to be on the far left:

img2172z.jpg

You can see how it was here: http://wheremagiclives.blogspot.com/2012/11/princess-fairytale-hall.html

Does anyone know why she was removed, or has Disney said anything about this?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

djlaosc

They could have achieved the same goal by adding Rapunzel on the other side, though I guess it's easier to take away than add more.

That's what they're used to! ;)

So will there be 6 princesses meeting there? If so, why wouldn't Rapunzel's picture be on the wall? Maybe Tiana is going back to Liberty Square?

Animaniac93-98

That's what they're used to! ;)

So will there be 6 princesses meeting there? If so, why wouldn't Rapunzel's picture be on the wall? Maybe Tiana is going back to Liberty Square?

Even if that's the final number it doesn't make sense to me why 6 would be featured there. Jasmine and Tiana already have dedicated meeting spaces and adding more characters would just prevent others from being there at other times of the day.

MarkTwain

Anyone know if they're still going with the awful, unexplained/giant floating crown concept?

Rendering

I would hope at this point they'd start moving away from the carnival tent look for all future Fantasyland construction, with the new Fantasyland raising the bar so highly.

Patricia Melton

Okay, I am seriously upset about Tiana's picture being removed. She is my family's FAVORITE Disney princess. It's not even close...she is the only princess that if her movie is on everyone in my family will stop to watch it. We LOVE The Princess and the Frog.

I'm going to have to write a letter to TDO letting them know how upset I am that Princess Tiana has been removed from that sign. The only way I'd be okay with her not being in Fairytale Hall would be if she was given her own attraction to call home with a separate meet-and-greet there.

In a perfect world, there'd be a "Tiana's Palace" restaurant or a dark ride based on her adventure through the swamp...though Disneyland would be the natural place to build these since they have a New Orleans Square over there and WDW does not.

The Empress Lilly

Anyone know if they're still going with the awful, unexplained/giant floating crown concept?

Rendering

I would hope at this point they'd start moving away from the carnival tent look for all future Fantasyland construction, with the new Fantasyland raising the bar so highly.
That one is simply beyond anything. It is not just ugly. It is beyond that. That crowned purple tent merely baffles the mind. For the first time since the ancient Greeks explored aesthetics, a human object has been conceived of that simply defies any Plato-Aristotelian classification of what is beautiful, true and good. It just 'is'.

PFH_exterior_print.jpg

Patricia Melton

That one is simply beyond anything. It is not just ugly. It is beyond that. That crowned purple tent simply baffles the mind. For the first time since the ancient Greeks explored aesthetics, a human object has been conceived of that simply defies any Plato-Aristotelian classification of what is beautiful, true and good. It just 'is'.

This reminds me of when my son was in college and would come home for Thanksgiving or Christmas and would try to impress all us poor country mice back home by quoting things his professors said or lifting phrases from sociology books or whatever he was studying. He didn't grow out of that until maybe two years after he graduated college. After that, we never heard anything like "Plato-Aristotelian" out of him ever again. So, this phrasing made me laugh thinking about my son acting like this back in the late-90s! So glad he stopped being like this.

As for the design of the Fairytale Hall, it sure seems odd.

They seem to be getting rid of the "tournament" style theming everywhere else...so why build the "tournament" stuff here?

Unless Disney really intends for this to be "temporary" and not permanent like the rest of New Fantasyland. Remember that "temporary" at a Disney park is often 10-15 years in duration...something that will be replaced in the future a decade or so after it arrives.

I can't remember where I saw it, but it was on one of the threads in this forum...and someone said that Fairytale Hall would not be a permanent thing. I actually think it SHOULD be permanent...because it's a nice way to constantly work in characters that people want to meet in an orderly way...and new ones could be added and others taken away from time to time. I am sure they will want to have the Snow Queen characters in there after that movie comes out next year...but then they'll replace them with the next princess that's coming after that. Looks like there is no lasting demand for Merida from Brave, for instance, the way there is for other princesses.

I also wonder if in the future when a new attraction is built if a princess can be removed from fairytale hall if she gets a meet & greet of her own. Like if they build a Sleeping Beauty/Maleficent coaster one day they could include an Aurora meet-and-greet like Ariel's grotto and then Aurora's place in Fairytale Hall could be used by another princess.

So, if this area is to be permanent as opposed to temporary then I really hope it is redesigned so that the tournament tent front is gone and something more beautiful is in its place. Look at what they are doing at Disneyland with Fantasy Faire...it has a gorgeous entrance that looks like various castle-like buildings. I don't see why TDO is not building something like that for a permanent attraction in MK.

CountryBearFan

They seem to be getting rid of the "tournament" style theming everywhere else...so why build the "tournament" stuff here?

Well, they are keeping the tournament-style theming in what is now the castle courtyard section of Fantasyland. Most of the attraction exteriors in that area (Peter Pan, Small World, PhilharMagic, etc.) still have their tournament tent facades, so it's only natural that it stay consistent with that theming.

CountryBearFan

Okay, I am seriously upset about Tiana's picture being removed. She is my family's FAVORITE Disney princess. It's not even close...she is the only princess that if her movie is on everyone in my family will stop to watch it. We LOVE The Princess and the Frog.

I'm going to have to write a letter to TDO letting them know how upset I am that Princess Tiana has been removed from that sign. The only way I'd be okay with her not being in Fairytale Hall would be if she was given her own attraction to call home with a separate meet-and-greet there.

I agree with Animaniac that this is not something to write a complaint letter about. o_O

Besides, Tiana already has her own meet-and-greet area--the gazebo behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square. :)

InLikeFlynn

I actually look at her removal as a GOOD sign. I LOVE Tiana...but I love Naveen more. Adding her there means his demise, so maybe they have decided to keep her out of that mixed bag of princesses and have her elsewhere with Naveen instead? same for Rapunzel...maybe we can hope she'll have a dedicated meet (and please let Flynn join her!).

Stupido

I actually look at her removal as a GOOD sign. I LOVE Tiana...but I love Naveen more. Adding her there means his demise, so maybe they have decided to keep her out of that mixed bag of princesses and have her elsewhere with Naveen instead? same for Rapunzel...maybe we can hope she'll have a dedicated meet (and please let Flynn join her!).

Unfortunately, Naveen hasn't been joining Tiana for quite some time in Meet n Greets... I doubt if she stays out in her Gazebo Naveen will join her.. Same for Flynn, I don't see him coming back unless for special events and parades.

BrightImagine

If all the other princesses go to their party in the shiny new fairy tale hall and Tiana gets relegated to her gazebo... That feels, uh, historically uncomfortable. Surely I wouldn't be the only one to think so.

Nevertheless I would not take this sign as an indication that Tiana's not going to be there. Maybe it means there will be four characters available at a given time. That's the number for character dining too.

td1129

If all the other princesses go to their party in the shiny new fairy tale hall and Tiana gets relegated to her gazebo... That feels, uh, historically uncomfortable. Surely I wouldn't be the only one to think so.

Nevertheless I would not take this sign as an indication that Tiana's not going to be there. Maybe it means there will be four characters available at a given time. That's the number for character dining too.

Well if there's anyone you can count on to be politically correct it's Disney, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom