DHS New Attraction coming this summer! - The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow

I have been hearing about this new attraction coming in December. Does anyone know what it will be like? Walk through? Ride? I am just hopeful it is not like the 5 minutes of my life I will never get back called Narnia. We walked into one room that looked like a set, then some wardrobes....then out of the building. I'm hoping for a better immersion on this one. Any leads on it??

djlaosc

So DHS, MK and Epcot will all have grand openings of new/refurb attractions on the 6th, so if they can just get Avatarland done by then all four parks would have something ;)

I mentioned on the other page that it seems like they are going for a "The Happiest Celebration on Earth 2005" thing - of course Everest didn't open till the following April...

...So, Avatar April 2013? ;)

thomas998

From the one photo I've seen of the inside of it, I think it is just Narnia part II.... I hope I'm wrong... expect more info shortly I understand they are doing a soft opening sometime this month.

From the one photo I've seen of the inside of it, I think it is just Narnia part II.... I hope I'm wrong... expect more info shortly I understand they are doing a soft opening sometime this month.
If it is part II. Why spend the time and money to put something so bad and non entertaining there? That building is huge. Could they not put an attraction there?

George Lucas on a Bench

I do think having POTC movie stuff at MGM is better than having it in the ride at MK. They should go ahead and transport Barbosa and Jack over there, then restore the parrot, talking skull, original captain and the guys in the final scene before unload.

kcnole

My guess is that this will be the male equivalent to Storytimes with Belle. It looks to be an elaborate walkthrough with a character meet and greet at the end. While not amazing, it would be better than Narnia which was simply a themed room with a trailer.

celluloid

I do think having POTC movie stuff at MGM is better than having it in the ride at MK. They should go ahead and transport Barbosa and Jack over there, then restore the parrot, talking skull, original captain and the guys in the final scene before unload.

Now we are talking. Don't forget the so so Mermaid effect too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom