Stay at WDW

forevermickey

Hi everyone:)
My family and I are planning a May WDW vacation. I recently found on facebook a page for (stay at wdw) They offer up to 62% of Deluxe room rates.. plus a possible promotion. The room they offer is a Deluxe studio with a standard view. Last May I was bumped to a Junior Suite.. (luck of the draw!!) Can anyone tell me what the differ. btwn a Junior Suite and a Deluxe standard view is? Thanks in advance for any input :)

I_heart_Tigger

No idea what a "Deluxe Studio" is. What resort are they selling? Are they affiliated with Disney at all? Is it a timeshare presentation? How are they getting discounts that reputable authorized Disney planners aren't? Why can't they add the ticket and dining plan themselves? These are some questions you should get answers to before proceeding.

It sounds completely fishy to me and would never recommend giving any personal information or credit card to anyone advertising a deal that's too good to be true because it probably is.

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

I just did a quick look of the company online and they also run 3 other businesses. They all started less than 6 months ago so there's not a lot of info on them but the other companies are offering money for cancelled Disney vacations (probably will pay a change of name fee and reinstate it then sell it at a markup to someone else) and to buy DVC points.

They are defintely only selling DVC resorts, they are buying DVC points, marking them up then selling to people who don;t know any better. You'd be better off following ParentsOf4 suggestion and getting the resorts even cheaper by renting DVC points directly. There are plenty of legitimate sites for that.

I would also be wary for two more reasons - they refuse to actually give you an accurate quote unless you give them all of your personal information and they refuse to answer questions on their Facebook page. All questions are deleted and you are instructed to call or e-mail them privately.

Upvote 0

forevermickey

Original Poster
Can you provide a link to the site?

Since you mentioned the word "studio", it's possible that this is for one of WDW's Disney Vacation Club (DVC) resorts. If this is the case, then it is possible to get a room at a Deluxe Resort (really one of the WDW DVC resorts) for significantly less than "rack rate" (i.e. full price) by renting DVC points from a DVC member.
http://www.stayatwdw.com/

Upvote 0

forevermickey

Original Poster
I just did a quick look of the company online and they also run 3 other businesses. They all started less than 6 months ago so there's not a lot of info on them but the other companies are offering money for cancelled Disney vacations (probably will pay a change of name fee and reinstate it then sell it at a markup to someone else) and to buy DVC points.

They are defintely only selling DVC resorts, they are buying DVC points, marking them up then selling to people who don;t know any better. You'd be better off following ParentsOf4 suggestion and getting the resorts even cheaper by renting DVC points directly. There are plenty of legitimate sites for that.
wow! thanks ! Where do I go to get rent dvc point directly?

Upvote 0

wiigirl

I think that would be a better route for you since the other site just made me feel uncomfortable. Good luck!

Agreed!

75.gif

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom