Food and Wine Recommendations

MattC

Original Poster
Ok guys, the wife and I will be at EPCOT next Friday to do some tasting. I'm sure everything is good, but anyone have some absolute MUST tastes this year?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
  • The Filet in Canada is an obvious must do. Went down nice with a 22 ounce frosty Moosehead.
  • The shrimp AND beef tacos in Mexico were both on point
  • The Grilled steak (with chimichurri) and empanadas from Venezula both delicious.
  • The Fisherman's Stew from UK I was surprised at how creamy and satisfying (with hunks of delicious seafood) this little portion was!

DisneyDebNJ

• The Filet in Canada is an obvious must do. Went down nice with a 22 ounce frosty Moosehead.
  • The shrimp AND beef tacos in Mexico were both on point
  • The Grilled steak (with chimichurri) and empanadas from Venezula both delicious.
  • The Fisherman's Stew from UK I was surprised at how creamy and satisfying (with hunks of delicious seafood) this little portion was!

All of this ^^^ is on our list, along with the Kahlua Pork slider in Hawaii, the mongolian beef on a bun, the pot stickers and chicken satay in China, plus just about one thing from each kiosk! LOL I plan big LOL, and I'll be tasting all of this in a couple days!! :)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
All of this ^^^ is on our list, along with the Kahlua Pork slider in Hawaii, the mongolian beef on a bun, the pot stickers and chicken satay in China, plus just about one thing from each kiosk! LOL I plan big LOL, and I'll be tasting all of this in a couple days!! :)
Ohhh...how could I forget this ONE!!?? It was our first stop and it was freakin' DEEEELicious.

What exactly is your count down to now Debbs?

tracyandalex

Omg, we will be there next Friday too!!

What we are really looking forward to:
  • Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree from Argentina
  • Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream from Belgium (loved this last year)
  • "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce from Canada
  • Bacardi® Frozen Dragon Berry Colada (LOVED this last year)
  • "Coq au Vin sur gratin de macaroni" (Red Wine braised Chicken, Mushrooms, Pearl Onions and Macaroni Gratin) from France (very yummy last year)
  • Créme Brulée au Chocolate au Lait (Chocolate Milk Créme Brôlée topped with Caramelized Sugar) from France
  • 17th Anniversary Festival Beer– Samuel Adams® Chocolate Bock (DH loves tasting the festival beer)
  • Lobster and Seafood Fisherman's Pie from Ireland
  • Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey's Ganache from Ireland
  • Sukiyaki Beef Pan (Marinated Thinly Sliced Rib Eye with Sauteed Onions and Teriyaki Sauce Served in a Bun) from Japan
  • Chocolate Cake with Passion Fruit Sorbet and Coconut Foam from Terra
There are others of course, but these are the ones we are really looking forward to because we've had them in the past or we have heard really great things about them this year.

DisneyDebNJ

Omg, we will be there next Friday too!!

What we are really looking forward to:
  • Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree from Argentina
  • Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream from Belgium (loved this last year)
  • "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce from Canada
  • Bacardi® Frozen Dragon Berry Colada (LOVED this last year)
  • "Coq au Vin sur gratin de macaroni" (Red Wine braised Chicken, Mushrooms, Pearl Onions and Macaroni Gratin) from France (very yummy last year)
  • Créme Brulée au Chocolate au Lait (Chocolate Milk Créme Brôlée topped with Caramelized Sugar) from France
  • 17th Anniversary Festival Beer– Samuel Adams® Chocolate Bock (DH loves tasting the festival beer)
  • Lobster and Seafood Fisherman's Pie from Ireland
  • Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey's Ganache from Ireland
  • Sukiyaki Beef Pan (Marinated Thinly Sliced Rib Eye with Sauteed Onions and Teriyaki Sauce Served in a Bun) from Japan
  • Chocolate Cake with Passion Fruit Sorbet and Coconut Foam from Terra
There are others of course, but these are the ones we are really looking forward to because we've had them in the past or we have heard really great things about them this year.

I may run in to you at the Kiosks because your list mirrors ours LOL

HM Spectre

Kahlua pork slider in Hawaii was awesome and my favorite bite. I know it's probably the last thing people order in Canada but I actually liked the chicken chipotle sausage w/ corn polenta and onion jam quite a bit. Chicken souvlaki in Greece was good stuff too.

DisneyDebNJ

I was telling DH my all inclusive list and he said "I'm not sure we can fit all that in" I know he meant time wise since we only have I day, but I responded with "that's why I'm bringing my elastic pants!" Thank you Hatter!
Tracy hand to God, my DH asked me who the heck was I going to find to eat all this food!! LOL Ill look for you!!!!

EvilQueen-T

the only things i'd add to shookiejones list would be a dragonberry colada from the caribbean booth, the belgium waffle from belgium booth (adult daughters fav), and the spinach and cheese thing from south africa (sorry can't remember exact name)...i don't usually like spinach except in a salad but this was really good and worth a taste. of course we always have to stop by la cava but that's during and not during food and wine lol.

Just want to give a quick tip. A lot of the portion sizes are small and not worth the price, such as the cheddar cheese soup. I'm not knocking the event, I'm just suggesting you view the food before deciding whether to purchase. Also items such as the creme brulee and apple strudel can regularly be purchased in the corresponding countries year round in larger portion sizes.

Off the top of my head a few items I thought were worth the price portion and taste wise. The spicy chicken sausage and Polenta from Canada. The coq au vin from France. The ravioli Bolognese from Italy. The California roll from Japan. We stopped around Germany. Also not related to the food and wine but there's a cart in Italy that sells a drink called the Italian primavera, which is deliciously refreshing. Its a non alcoholic slush blend of strawberry, peach and banana.

Texas84

Shrimp tacos at Mexico were my fave. Get two! Tequila flight was interesting
You can get sushi anywhere but the Japan booth sushi was very good.
Florida cerviche - very fresh and tasty
Hops & Barley - Sam Adams chocolate bock - Wow! We got the flight.
Germany - brat und pretzel roll. Some say the roll is dry but I love it
Australia - shrimp on the barbie, yum! My cousin loved the lamp chop but it wasn't for me
Ireland - Fisherman's Pie! Could have had two. Or more. And Guinness!

We'll be back in a few weeks for the half marathon. Can't wait!

tink729

I haven't made it to the festival yet this year (3 more weeks from today!), but some things I loved last year were the cheddar cheese soup and the sausage with polenta from the Canada booth, the margarita from the Mexico booth, the truffles and the belgian waffle from the Belgium booth, and the canoli from the Italy booth. Happy eatings!

wiigirl

Shrimp tacos at Mexico were my fave. Get two! Tequila flight was interesting
You can get sushi anywhere but the Japan booth sushi was very good.
Florida cerviche - very fresh and tasty
Hops & Barley - Sam Adams chocolate bock - Wow! We got the flight.
Germany - brat und pretzel roll. Some say the roll is dry but I love it
Australia - shrimp on the barbie, yum! My cousin loved the lamp chop but it wasn't for me
Ireland - Fisherman's Pie! Could have had two. Or more. And Guinness!

We'll be back in a few weeks for the half marathon. Can't wait!

x2 on the Hops & Barley! Yum!
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom