Gratuities on Disney Cruise

steveford

Original Poster
Hi, we are going on the Dream early November and new to Disney Cruise, only done cruises around Europe. Can you guys help with info with regards to tips/gratuities, I am unsure as to whether these are automatically paid or at our discretion.

We go to POR on 1st November then 7 days go to the cruise for 3 days then back to POR for another 7 days, can't wait as it will be decorated for Xmas while we are there.

Disneyfalcon

They are more or less automatic. Your acount will automatically be charged for the main tipped positions. It will work out to $12 per guest per night. If you want to change the amounts either up or down, you can at guest services.

You will also need a few dollars here and there for porters who handle your bags and (if you order room service) for the person who brings your room service. :)

Billy6

We added some extra cash in our envelopes at the end in addition to the automatic gratuities.
Ditto... Our guys(Pete, Ian, Fitz, and Romeo) were awesome! We had a server in the pub and one in the nightclub on the Fanstasy that got to know me and my wife during the cruise and we added an extra big tip on the last night we saw them. Alcohol tabs have a auto 15% on them but a space to put extra, as we did.

DisneyFan1216

It actually works out to over $30 per person per day when you include host(ess), server, head server, and assistant server for the requested amounts.

Disneyfalcon

It actually works out to over $30 per person per day when you include host(ess), server, head server, and assistant server for the requested amounts.

Hmm. That's not quite right. It's actually $12 per guest, per night for those four positions when you tip the requested amounts. Maybe you were looking at multiple guests?

DisneyFan1216

Hmm. That's not quite right. It's actually $12 per guest, per night for those four positions when you tip the requested amounts. Maybe you were looking at multiple guests?
Yes, I meant per person, per cruise. It was $9 for one staff person, $12 for another, etc. The total per Guest came to about $30 per day. So, I was asked to pay about $100 for the 3 of us for our 3 day cruise.

Disneyfalcon

Yes, I meant per person, per cruise. It was $9 for one staff person, $12 for another, etc. The total per Guest came to about $30 per day. So, I was asked to pay about $100 for the 3 of us for our 3 day cruise.

That sounds right. $12 a night times 3 nights is $36. Times 3 people is $108! :)

steveford

Original Poster
Hi, thanks for all your help. Done cruises over in Europe so its a strange concept the auto gratuities thing when we come over to the states, we certainly tip for good service but very alien to state for our convenience we will automatically take it from you, very kind of them! Personally cash in the hand is the best way to ensure the person gets it in their pocket! Have just registered on-line where we were asked with regards to gratuities which we have plumped for as we go along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom