New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

Sweet Melissa

They're actually not as bad as I thought they'd be based on the first illustrations. Not exactly universally flattering, but they're not terrible either.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm sure guest relations will be hearing a bit o the complaints of it sooner or later...IMO it does kill the period look to it...Did they also did do this To Hall of Presidents...Doubtful..

Omnimover

hate them... it just robs so much identity out of the place. Now it looks just like a average disney theme park costume.
Agreed. Generic theme park uniforms. While the "Colonial Williamsbug" style outfits may have been out of date, they at least created a sense of place. These don't have much to do with the U.S. besides being the same colors as the flag.

spaceghost

I typically try to keep a positive view on changes, but these are just...disappointing. This just seemed so unnecessary. That said, I could see how the cast members might appreciate the change (especially the ladies), from a logistical and comfort perspective, at least.

rsoxguy

My wife thinks that they look like uniforms for a High School political club, sewn by the Home Ec class, whose budget only allowed them to use a dress pattern from 1976. Yeah, she hates them.

wilkeliza

It appears the reason for the change was because the American Adventure and American Pavilion as a whole were never meant to transport you back in time to colonial times that is what Liberty Square is for. The update is to provide a more timeless look for the CMs since the AA covers up until post 9-11 and not just colonial history.

Tom

Beta Return
I typically try to keep a positive view on changes, but these are just...disappointing. This just seemed so unnecessary. That said, I could see how the cast members might appreciate the change (especially the ladies), from a logistical and comfort perspective, at least.

I agree.

I'm sure the costumes are far more comfortable, and easy to put on/take off, but Disney's Creative Costuming department can come up with ways to use new/different fabrics and assemblies, while maintaining the same look as before.

rct247

American Adventure (the attraction) costumes look better than I thought, but I'm still not entirely a fan. They are going to age quickly, even though I felt they are out of style already.

Merchandise costume looks very tasteful. It looks professional, contemporary, comfortable, approachable, classic, and gives a slight USA vibe without overdoing it.

Food & Beverage costumes are the worst, in my opinion. They look cheap and tacky. I'm not sure if they trying to look like something from a baseball game or if they are trying to be professional. The pants are find, the shirt makes it worse, and the baseball hat really cheapens the costume. Sure it screams USA, but not in the way I feel fits the building and the overall pavilion message.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom