EpcotInternational Food and Wine Festival 2012

cba

Original Poster
Well, the "holiday" we all love is almost here! That's right! It's almost time for the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival! And this year there's an extra day, oh yeah! Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this year :(. It's OK, though. I'm only really, really sad. But when I do go, I'll make sure I spend 75% of my time in World Showcase.

LizC

Sorry you won't be able to make it this year. I missed it last year, having just gave birth and all. So excited to be going this year though! I am really looking forward to the grilled lamb chop from Australia and basically everything from France. :D

Do you all have some must try items?

invader

Sorry you won't be able to make it this year. I missed it last year, having just gave birth and all. So excited to be going this year though! I am really looking forward to the grilled lamb chop from Australia and basically everything from France. :D

Do you all have some must try items?
Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup. My favorite item at F&W.

YankeeMouse

We'll be there the first day. Cheese soup is my #1 must have. Since it is so hard to get into Le Cellier, at least I'll have the small cup...or two!

LizC

Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup. My favorite item at F&W.
I believe I tried it a few years ago, can't remember. Although, that was before I found this forum and I did not realize it's significance. I will certainly make it a point to enjoy every bite this year. :D

Minnie1976

Since you seem to know a lot about the Food and Wine Festival, can you tell me what foods not to miss. This is our 1st year to attend this event.

scpergj

Since you seem to know a lot about the Food and Wine Festival, can you tell me what foods not to miss. This is our 1st year to attend this event.
The chocolate creme brulee (France), along with a pomegranate kir will probably be the first thing my wife and I get...that, and some baklava...and maybe the truffles and the Godiva chocolate iced coffee...

So sorry you are going to miss it. We will be there for the very first time this year! I am looking forward to the Griddled cheese with honey and pistachio's from Greece. And anything chocolate. And the cheddar cheese soup. And, well everything! LOL!

cba

Original Poster
I agree with scpergj, the Chocolate Cream Burlee is a must. I also would recommend going to Argentina and get some empanadas (is that how you spell it, lol). But the choice is yours! Enjoy whatever you want!

DisneyDebNJ

Well, the "holiday" we all love is almost here! That's right! It's almost time for the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival! And this year there's an extra day, oh yeah! Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this year :(. It's OK, though. I'm only really, really sad. But when I do go, I'll make sure I spend 75% of my time in World Showcase.
I only have missed 2 of the F&W festivals since its conception. Last year, being one of those years, so I know EXACTLY how you feel. Of course, I have this obsession of having to stop at EVERY booth in EVERY country, plus some, along with TS and CS.. Of course I have a plan of attack... take one bite and hand it off to my DS or DH LOLOL!! Look at it this way, there is always next year!! ;)

cba

Original Poster
I only have missed 2 of the F&W festivals since its conception. Last year, being one of those years, so I know EXACTLY how you feel. Of course, I have this obsession of having to stop at EVERY booth in EVERY country, plus some, along with TS and CS.. Of course I have a plan of
attack... take one bite and hand it off to my DS
or DH LOLOL!! Look at it this way, there is
always next year!! ;)
Finally, someone to share my weeping with...

Minnie1976

The chocolate creme brulee (France), along with a pomegranate kir will probably be the first thing my wife and I get...that, and some baklava...and maybe the truffles and the Godiva chocolate iced coffee...
My mouth is watering already. All sounds delicious. I can't wait.

a2grafix

This will be my third International Food and Wine Festival and I believe my parent's first festival (and first October WDW trip for the parents). And I thought I was overwhelmed at the everyday World Showcase food offerings. The international food and wine fest takes it to several layers above. The food and wine fest is truly a global showcase.

Mom and dad and I are going to have fun. On a side note, after many years in the past my parents treating me and my sisters to Disney family vacations, I finally have the opportunity to turn the tables and treat them to a WDW vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom