PHOTOS - First look inside 'Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid'

Pixiedustmaker

That's funny, no I'll never be as cool as Dr. Evil

you kind of remind me of Dr. Evil when you throw out numbers like that.....

20489663.jpg

Pixiedustmaker

Anyway, if we could get back to the topic, they actually posted this on the Disney blog!

Thor from CA on September 11th, 2012 at 8:23 pm

It appears the photo of the Kiss The Girl scene is actually a photo from the Disney Parks Blog that appeared here in 2011 and taken inside the California Adventure of the ride. Is this a borrowed photo from California Adventure, or did WDI really create a scene that is minutely identical to the California version, right down to the small leaves hanging exactly the same way in front of the moon?
It’s been stated that the interiors of the two Mermaid rides will be identical, but are they really that identical?

ExtinctJenn

Anyway, if we could get back to the topic, they actually posted this on the Disney blog!

It appears the photo of the Kiss The Girl scene is actually a photo from the Disney Parks Blog that appeared here in 2011 and taken inside the California Adventure of the ride. Is this a borrowed photo from California Adventure, or did WDI really create a scene that is minutely identical to the California version, right down to the small leaves hanging exactly the same way in front of the moon?
It’s been stated that the interiors of the two Mermaid rides will be identical, but are they really that identical?
"They" being a guest who posted that as a comment. Someone shared that earlier in the thread. The key is, have they (Disney) responded to it?

Pixiedustmaker

To Flynnibus,

You can see I NEVER said this was a photo from elsewhere, I said that I "think" it is a reposted photo, most probably a recycled photo as it has the old lighting. You seem to have tacitly admitted that the scene/room . . . whatever . . . is the same, so maybe we can move on with more productive conversation.

Maybe you are a lawyer for Disney and you are arguing for your "client" trying to disprove and dance around what I, and others, see as simple fact that beyond a reasonable doubt they are the same room.

I wouldn't apologize for discovering something interesting that the Disney blog, but I guess I could apologize if you got the wrong impression somehow . . .

If you look at the pattern of the fake tree leaves (willow?) hanging over the moon, they are identical in the pictures purported to be from MK's Mermaid, and from the fan photos from DCA's Mermaid. This is the same scene, I think that the Disney blog simply reposted a photo from DCA. If you look, the "Kiss the Girl" scene from DCA did have a lot of plain old incandescent light, but it has actually been changed (as the fan photos show), to be more like moon light. Disney recycled a photo from DCA's ride and is selling it as MK's Mermaid.
(Fake MK Mermaid photo really just recycled DCA Photo)
fpu102853.jpg

(Updated DCA Fan Photo Mermaid Kiss the Girl)
The-Little-Mermaid-Kiss-The-Girl-Scene.jpg

(Updated DCA Fan Photo Mermaid Kiss the Girl)
7927093510_578c0f5318.jpg

I think the only plausible explanation for this to be the same scene on two different coasts would be if the "leaves/branches" against the moon were part of a mural, but I believe they are fake leaves/branches . . . but a lot of the closer branches/leaves look exactly the same. 99.9% sure this is an old recycled image!

ExtinctJenn

There was another comment from yesterday, I think this one was posted today, yes, sorry . . . this post was posted by one of our members here.
Oh no biggy - I'm just curious if Disney responded is all. I have a feeling if they do it will be answering without giving any real answer. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Oh no biggy - I'm just curious if Disney responded is all. I have a feeling if they do it will be answering without giving any real answer. :)

No they have not responded to any of the posts questioning the picture, which is not surprising. They have responded to posts after those, so they are looking at them.

Of course this will all get settled in a couple months when people actually get to see the MK version.

ExtinctJenn

No they have not responded to any of the posts questioning the picture, which is not surprising. They have responded to posts after those, so they are looking at them.

Of course this will all get settled in a couple months when people actually get to see the MK version.
My thinking as well. Eventually a photo of the WDW version will get posted and we'll either see that it was indeed dead on (so the pic was maybe of WDW) or there are differences (so the pic was a shameless ad campaign). LOL!

Pixiedustmaker

Probably so, though the fact that they have two of Thor's posts up there means that the have read them, and understand them. I bet "they" told the moderator not to comment, an error like this could, perhaps on a very slow news day, be picked up by a local newspaper or something, though I doubt it.

I think the answer is implied as they let Thor's posts stay up!

Pixiedustmaker

Yup, that's the bottom line. The moderator at least must have seen Thor's posts. I think when MK opens it will be abundantly clear that Orlando's Mermaid's "Kiss the Girl" scene is different, if only by arrangement of minor props.

Does anybody else think its funny that this photo is listed under the article, "All in the Details", and that we're really looked hard at the details to figure out where this photo was taken?

flynnibus

Premium Member
To Flynnibus,

You can see I NEVER said this was a photo from elsewhere, I said that I "think" it is a reposted photo, most probably a recycled photo as it has the old lighting. You seem to have tacitly admitted that the scene/room . . . whatever . . . is the same, so maybe we can move on with more productive conversation.

You're posts are all there to see, and came right out with it's a REPOSTED photo, and RECYCLING PUBLICITY SHOT.. The point being - please stop posting your theory or opinion as if it is confirmed factual information.

Pixiedustmaker

Here's a close up of the "leaves" from the willow tree. They look like standard fake plants arranged in rides and restaurants, probably arranged artistically by somebody on site. Doubt that MK's Mermaid's leaves will look the same way,

ariel-and-prince-eric.jpg

Pixiedustmaker

You're posts are all there to see, and came right out with it's a REPOSTED photo, and RECYCLING PUBLICITY SHOT.. The point being - please stop posting your theory or opinion as if it is confirmed factual information.

Please quote my posts, I said I "think" it was reposted . . . I said it was "recycled" as it appears that the photo was shot a while ago, probably for reasons unrelated for MK's Mermaid marketing, i.e. before all of the changes were made. When I say recycled, I mean used for a different purpose than originally intended . . .

You are conveniently overlooking the fact that I used the qualifier "think"

flynnibus

Premium Member
Please quote my posts, I said I "think" it was reposted . . . I said it was "recycled" as it appears that the photo was shot a while ago, probably for reasons unrelated for MK's Mermaid marketing, i.e. before all of the changes were made. When I say recycled, I mean used for a different purpose than originally intended . . .

You are conveniently overlooking the fact that I used the qualifier "think"

In your first post only... then it all goes downhill.
Disney recycled a photo from DCA's ride and is selling it as MK's Mermaid.[...]
(Fake MK Mermaid photo really just recycled DCA Photo)[...]
99.9% sure this is an old recycled image!

Then you drop the speculation and just move onto confirming it yourself and repeating it
This photo (at least the Kiss the Girl photo and probably the others) is simply a recycled publicity photo from DCA's Mermaid, so we really haven't seen anything from the inside of MK's Mermaid. Maybe some scenes are identical, or similar, but the photo isn't from any attraction in Orlando . . .

It would be better if they just advertised Mermaid without making up this story about exclusive sneak peaks which, aren't really pictures from inside the ride.

and using this old photo was easier than lugging photography equipment to Magic Kingdom. Maybe Mermaid won't open at the end of November . . . they'll probably be happy to take folks money even if Mermaid's opening is delayed.

I can't remember Disney offering such a "first look" which was totally staged.

I'm not posting on this anymore - just please stop repeating speculation as confirmed fact.

LithiumBill

Marketing shortcuts happen all the time, it not intentional deviousness.. I'm betting that if they used the same photo, it's again because 95% (or more) of the world will have no idea that this is identical to the version in DCA. And that they are just trying to get the excitement level up for the launch in WDW.

I work in marketing and sales, and sadly this is rather common place.

Pixiedustmaker

This shot seems to confirm my earlier comment that I think the fish just looks orange in some shots and yellow in others and was not enough to go by as proof that the shot Disney posted is from WDW. :(

Yes, I noticed the same thing, but then realized it is just Flounder. The "Orange Flounder" in the image below is lit up with orangish light, look at Eric's hair . . . it has a orangish glow to it different from the earlier photos. Even Flounder's plastic "water spout" is orangish colored.

7927093510_578c0f5318.jpg

Pixiedustmaker

Then you drop the speculation and just move onto confirming it yourself and repeating it
I'm not posting on this anymore - just please stop repeating speculation as confirmed fact.

Hmmm . . . I think a lot of us who have been participating in this thread have been, or are treating this information as fact. I think this is the case now as it is hard to argue that the photo is not from DCA. When something is pretty obvious, I'm ok with not adding unnecessary qualifiers, so I do not find your advice to be practical, we don't need to add superfluous language. If I or somebody else sees the photos and feels it is obviously the same room, I don't see what is wrong treating that as fact, its not like it is something that could in any way be ambiguous.

I never said anything was "confirmed" by a third party different from myself.

Obviously, I, others weren't wrong in treating this fact as a de facto fact, even if some folks didn't care to look at the photos and see what is obvious.

RSoxNo1

Can anyone find the post that Thor is referencing that shows the same image posted in 2011?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom