PHOTOS - First look inside 'Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid'

Pixiedustmaker

Are you serious?

Yes, I'm serious. If you are too critical, or perhaps perceived to have an agenda, they don't let you post and you get banned for life. (Or I guess as long as they can tell it comes from your computer!).

The most recent post was deleted, or was never posted. It's a photo from DCA's Mermaid, they don't want the general public to know this, not that it is a big deal, but they were kinda deceptive about this whole thing.

Pixiedustmaker

Oh, heck, I'll go try it.

I just posted this on the Blog...
"It appears the photo of the Kiss The Girl scene is actually a photo from the Disney Parks Blog that appeared here in 2011 and taken inside the California Adventure of the ride. Is this a borrowed photo from California Adventure, or did WDI really create a scene that is minutely identical to the California version, right down to the small leaves hanging exactly the same way in front of the moon?
It's been stated that the interiors of the two Mermaid rides will be identical, but are they really that identical? "

I tried to be polite. Let's see if it makes it past the censors.

Very politely worded . . . if there was some "confusion" that they could clear up they would. Obviously, we are look at the same scene photographed by hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of guests of DCA.

They might put you on the naughty list and ban you from the site.

Pixiedustmaker

To the idea that they could be hiding something about the completion of the ride.. please.. This this has probably been sitting complete for ages. We've had numerous reports over the time talking about the completion of the interior.. and we know all the AAs, figures, and key pieces were all built in duplicate when the original attraction was built.

Yeah, but don't they put in the show pieces last so they don't get scuffed up? Surely, the duplicates are in storage somewhere, but that doesn't mean they are installed already. Makes sense, IMHO, to put in the relatively delicate animatronics, (such as Ursula's foam skin), after they got the omni-mover system working and all of the painting done.

We already know that the photo is from DCA . . . so we can only guess about the progress of the inside of which we haven't seen any photos.

Pixiedustmaker

We waited 45 minutes each morning for FP for Radiator Springs Racers on the three days that we were there. It was within 2 weeks of opening, but the crowds wrapped around Carthay Circle theater all the way down to Tower of Terror's FP machines. It was moving very quickly, with managers and other cast members throughout the line and the FP machines making it go as efficiently as possible.

I got in during the early entry time, the castmembers are routinely advising folks to go straight to RSR, instead of trying to grab a Fast Pass, only had to wait 15 minutes or so.

If you want to ride RSR twice in the day, or can't get there early, then FastPass is the way to go.

Couldn't believe when I finally left Carsland around 10 or so that there was a line stretching around Carthay! I've never seen a FastPass line like that before!

Californian Elitist

Yes, I'm serious. If you are too critical, or perhaps perceived to have an agenda, they don't let you post and you get banned for life. (Or I guess as long as they can tell it comes from your computer!).

The most recent post was deleted, or was never posted. It's a photo from DCA's Mermaid, they don't want the general public to know this, not that it is a big deal, but they were kinda deceptive about this whole thing.

Wow. Sounds like Disney. SMH.

Pixiedustmaker

No - you BELIEVE its the same photo. You may very well be right... but it's poor taste and posture to post belief as confirmed fact.

Uh, I'm 100% sure, or maybe 99.99999% sure its the same room . . . very "OK" with stating this as fact. Some of the lawyers for soda companies like to argue that it hasn't been "100%" proven that Coke causes diabetes . . uh, yeah, whatever . . . I guess you have the right to argue there is a one in five trillion chance I'm wrong, but don't see how my position can be construed as being in "poor taste" or "posture."

I could similarly pigeonhole pertinacious posters who like to argue untenable positions in order to inflame people making reasonable arguments as acting in "poor taste".

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am 100% sure now it is the same room, the odds of the leaves looking the same way by chance are exceedingly small (trillions to one probably), so there is nothing "in poor taste" about stating it as a fact as I am the one stating the fact and believe it to be as such.

What you have is a theory.. not a fact. You don't have anything to actually confirm unequivocally that these photos are the same. You may even have a theory that has held up to some scrutiny. A theory may eventually even be accepted as fact once widely tested and validated. But you don't even have photos posted to compare.. you had photos from other people who posted after the fact. The other 'reasons' given on why they would bother with this have already been debunked.

Like I said.. you may be right. But keeping things honest and not just blindly assuming things is how we keep an even keel. Posting theory as fact is as bad as the 'assurance telephone game' where poster 1 posts a rumor, poster 2 posts it as fact, and poster 3 believes it's true because poster 2 left off that 'rumor' part and added their own assurances as well.

Pixiedustmaker

But you don't even have photos posted to compare.. you had photos from other people who posted after the fact.

Like I said.. you may be right. But keeping things honest and not just blindly assuming things is how we keep an even keel.

Uh . . . there are photos posted on this thread from DCA and the purported photo from the Disney blog, they are similar to photos I and hundreds of thousands if not millions have taken. The proof is there, I am *not* blindly assuming things.

Please see the photos posted in this thread for reference as you appear to be late to the conversation.

Pixiedustmaker

What you have is a theory.. not a fact.

Not really . . . there are a lot of things folks take as fact that they can 100% prove. If I am driving down the freeway and see a McDonalds, and I ask my friend in the car if he wants a burger, if he tells me that, "it is only your theory that McDonalds has burgers and maybe this one doesn't" . . . doesn't make sense, and is kind of pseudo-intellectual mumbo-jumbo.

A lot of posters on this thread criticize others by calling out their conclusions as "theories", this verbage is more reserved for ambiguous situations under experimentation, not in everyday cases where the first person believe something to be a fact beyond a reasonable doubt.

I suppose I could say that your "theory" that I am making statements in "poor taste", I mean its just your theory right? You don't know this 100% do you, right?

Honestly, (and not meaning to be rude) that is what high school/college kids with little real world experience or book knowledge say when presented with a conclusion they don't understand, they say, "Well that's just your theory." It is a cliche . . .

phi2134

Not really . . . there are a lot of things folks take as fact that they can 100% prove. If I am driving down the freeway and see a McDonalds, and I ask my friend in the car if he wants a burger, if he tells me that, "it is only your theory that McDonalds has burgers and maybe this one doesn't" . . . doesn't make sense, and is kind of pseudo-intellectual mumbo-jumbo.

A lot of posters on this thread criticize others by calling out their conclusions as "theories", this verbage is more reserved for ambiguous situations under experimentation, not in everyday cases where the first person believe something to be a fact beyond a reasonable doubt.

I suppose I could say that your "theory" that I am making statements in "poor taste", I mean its just your theory right? You don't know this 100% do you, right?

I could care less about if the picture is from DCA or from WDW, im more curious about this discussion on if you can call it a fact....If the ride is supposed to be a clone and have most of the same aesthetics and scenes, why couldn't they look exactly alike? The could use the same lighting setup and maybe the leaves are stationary and not able to change position?

donsullivan

Premium Member
I know I'm going to regret jumping into this silliness but for those that are obsessed with the photos being all from the same place, please explain why the squirting fish in the front right of the frame (see the 2 shots I posted on the first page of the thread) is Orange in DCA and Yellow in the shot that's supposedly from Magic Kingdom.

Pixiedustmaker

I could care less about if the picture is from DCA or from WDW, im more curious about this discussion on if you can call it a fact....If the ride is supposed to be a clone and have most of the same aesthetics and scenes, why couldn't they look exactly alike? The could use the same lighting setup and maybe the leaves are stationary and not able to change position?

The leaves/branches are basically just props that were arranged by folks decorating the ride, and are fake plants. Meaning they probably come off of a role and the scene designer hung them, for the two rides to look so identical would be a chance on the order of trillions or billions to one. This is based upon my experience on the ride. I am 100% ok with stating it as fact.

Pixiedustmaker

I know I'm going to regret jumping into this silliness but for those that are obsessed with the photos being all from the same place, please explain why the squirting fish in the front right of the frame (see the 2 shots I posted on the first page of the thread) is Orange in DCA and Yellow in the shot that's supposedly from Magic Kingdom.

I will, the "orange" fish is good old Flounder, under different lighting which has been changed, he is yellow in other photos. Though some are saying otherwise, I did not make a specious decision.

ExtinctJenn

Double whammy - puppy AND kitten!

Kittens+&+Puppies+08_05_ccnan.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
Uh . . . there are photos posted on this thread from DCA and the purported photo from the Disney blog, they are similar to photos I and hundreds of thousands if not millions have taken. The proof is there, I am *not* blindly assuming things.

Please see the photos posted in this thread for reference as you appear to be late to the conversation.

You skipped over the word 'you' in my post. As in photos used by YOU for which you based your assertion. Where's the side by side that convinced you so much that you jumped right in with the 'fact' they were the same photo. Not the same room.. 'a reposted photo'. The photos posted by others were talking about the scene being the same - not asserting a recycling of an existing photo. People are saying the scene is the same (which it is supposed to be) and you take their dissimilar photos and claim 'its a reposted photo from DCA'. Where is the original posting of this photo? You say its is 'simply a recycled publicity photo from DCA's Mermaid' - Ok, where's the original you've made this determination from that you've seen the photo before?

phi2134

The leaves/branches are basically just props that were arranged by folks decorating the ride, and are fake plants. Meaning they probably come off of a role and the scene designer hung them, for the two rides to look so identical would be a chance on the order of trillions or billions to one. This is based upon my experience on the ride. I am 100% ok with stating it as fact.

you kind of remind me of Dr. Evil when you throw out numbers like that.....

20489663.jpg

ExtinctJenn

I think (and having not seen either in person I can't say for sure - I won't pretend to be 100% sure of anything on this topic lol) it's just a lighting thing. I think in the picture on the blog the fish looks yellow but may be orange and the flash just gave it a yellow tint. I'd love to believe the picture they posted is actually from WDW and not DCA but unfortunately I don't think that fish is proof either way. LOL! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom