Pre trip stress

nngrendel

On top of the pre trip stress of making sure I have all my documents together, everything paid and ready to go. Now we have another tropical wave out there that is almost for sure to turn into a depression today. Moving West Northwest and looking like it could affect our plans its just one more thing for me to have to monitor. ugh!

avn-l.jpg

Alison1975

This is one of those things I just wont let myself worry about. Vacation is planned, paid for an un-reschedule able. We worried about Irene last year and it ended up hitting and doing major damage at HOME not in FL ( while we were in FL). If it rains, storms or whatever then it does.. we will get through it! I do understand the stress though.

Upvote 0

Clamman73

On top of the pre trip stress of making sure I have all my documents together, everything paid and ready to go. Now we have another tropical wave out there that is almost for sure to turn into a depression today. Moving West Northwest and looking like it could affect our plans its just one more thing for me to have to monitor. ugh!

All models have it turning well east of Bermuda

Upvote 0

Fraisie

Don't worry. If you were to be stuck in a hurricane for your trip, you'd still get to be in WDW. Happened to me one. We were stuck in our room at CBR for 24 hours. Yeah, it was not planned that way and we would have prefered to be in the parks for that amount of time, but what are you going to do! Bad weather happens, and at least we were somewhere safe, with Disney tv, and the following day, we were onto the parks as if nothing had happened.

Relax, you're going to WDW :)

Upvote 0

SMS55

When they are that far out to sea they tend to curve away. Having said that this is the statistical peak of the hurricane season. Mid August through mid October is the period where we get most of our storms and the most intense storms. Like others have said, you can't control it. Go have fun and watch the weather report before going to bed for now.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
According the the early reports about the only threat is to Bermuda. This one is more than likely going to stay in the Atlantic. It is of course early and anything could happen, but I would not loose any sleep over it.
All models have it turning well east of Bermuda

If you are talking about TS Kirk this is not a radar image of kirk. Its a tropical depression right now that should develop into a Tropical Storm possibly today. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shtml

Kirk is well north of the system I am concerned with.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you are talking about TS Kirk this is not a radar image of kirk. Its a tropical depression right now that should develop into a Tropical Storm possibly today. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shtml

Kirk is well north of the system I am concerned with.
Yep, I know that. According to the local news this morning that soon to be tropical depression is not expected to make land fall in the US but it is still way early.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
Yep, I know that. According to the local news this morning that soon to be tropical depression is not expected to make land fall in the US but it is still way early.
Should of knew you were up on the latest 411 on this! Hahah. Thanks Yoda. I haven't seen any tracks on this but just that it exist. Makes me feel better.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
Ahhh. Found a track.

Not too worried about not being able to go on my Disney Vacation. I am going regardless. Just started thinking about if things like my Dessert Party got canceled. I might cry if that happened. LOL.

Upvote 0

alawrence

As you are well aware, we arrive on the same day. I have been watching that depression since it was about 100 miles off of the coast of Africa, and they called it "12", which I believe they still are. The reports have been calling for it to turn Northwards East of Bermuda for a week now. I do not think we will have anything to worry about. @Clamman73 has the most up to date 5 day forecast for it posted two comments above. We should be clear!!!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

avn-l.jpg

I wouldn't start to fuss about it quite yet. They thought Isaac was going to directly hit FL. It didn't.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
I wouldn't start to fuss about it quite yet. They thought Isaac was going to directly hit FL. It didn't.
They also did not forecast it would hit LA until a day before. You never know whith these things.

If that's your biggest worry, life ain't that bad. ;)

Have a great trip!
Missing the Dessert Party would be bad for me.

As you are well aware, we arrive on the same day. I have been watching that depression since it was about 100 miles off of the coast of Africa, and they called it "12", which I believe they still are. The reports have been calling for it to turn Northwards East of Bermuda for a week now. I do not think we will have anything to worry about. @Clamman73 has the most up to date 5 day forecast for it posted two comments above. We should be clear!!!

I agree with you on this. Great track now.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom