PhotoPass Plus

razza1987

Original Poster
Can someone please explain to me what PhotoPass Plus is? I have never been to Disney before and don't even know what PhotoPass is yet alone PhotoPass Plus haha.

Thanks to any who help and sorry if this is in the wrong section. I am new to this forum too lol

Mainahman

It was all explained to me right before my trip.

Basically Photoass photographers are in the parks, they take your photo hand you a card, that has your information on it, and you have 30 days after your stay to look at them and order them.

The photopass plus adds on Select Character Dining, and Select attraction Pics. Its all explained here.

http://allears.net/tp/ppass.htm

We bought the CD before our trip and saved 50 dollars getting the pre trip discount, and used it quite a bit. Next trip we may spring for the Photopass Plus, not sure yet, but i loved the idea of photopass!

razza1987

Original Poster
It was all explained to me right before my trip.

Basically Photoass photographers are in the parks, they take your photo hand you a card, that has your information on it, and you have 30 days after your stay to look at them and order them.

The photopass plus adds on Select Character Dining, and Select attraction Pics. Its all explained here.

http://allears.net/tp/ppass.htm

We bought the CD before our trip and saved 50 dollars getting the pre trip discount, and used it quite a bit. Next trip we may spring for the Photopass Plus, not sure yet, but i loved the idea of photopass!

I guess that was what my Mom was going on on the website when she got back from Disneyland in 2010.

I am still curious about how you know where to get your photos from though. Do you get millions of different tickets for each picture or can you get something on the one card?

You have to forgive me. I am new to all this lol

psukardi

I guess that was what my Mom was going on on the website when she got back from Disneyland in 2010.

I am still curious about how you know where to get your photos from though. Do you get millions of different tickets for each picture or can you get something on the one card?

You have to forgive me. I am new to all this lol

My guess is you get a card with either a QL Code on it or has an RFID tag embedded on it's used during the photo process to send the photos to some remote server.

Mainahman

My guess is you get a card with either a QL Code on it or has an RFID tag embedded on it's used during the photo process to send the photos to some remote server.
I got a card when i got to the first park we went to,and they kept scanning it all week, and when i got home i entered the code on the back to my free photopass account, and i could view and order my pictures :) There is also one that comes with your Mickey Mail when it comes around the 30 day mark. I know with photopass Plus they have to send you more stuff in the mail, but with photopass you can just use it, and get a card when you arrive. I wanted the CD so i did the prebuy offer.

razza1987

Original Poster
I got a card when i got to the first park we went to,and they kept scanning it all week, and when i got home i entered the code on the back to my free photopass account, and i could view and order my pictures :) There is also one that comes with your Mickey Mail when it comes around the 30 day mark. I know with photopass Plus they have to send you more stuff in the mail, but with photopass you can just use it, and get a card when you arrive. I wanted the CD so i did the prebuy offer.

That's what I'm curious about. The difference between Photopass and Plus

Mainahman

That's what I'm curious about. The difference between Photopass and Plus
The way it was explained to me, is the diffrence is the Select Meals, and select attraction photos that are included with Photopass Plus. With the regular photopass you can just hand your card to any photopass photographer and they will take your pics, some do poses, and some dont.

razza1987

Original Poster
The way it was explained to me, is the diffrence is the Select Meals, and select attraction photos that are included with Photopass Plus. With the regular photopass you can just hand your card to any photopass photographer and they will take your pics, some do poses, and some dont.

For $169 would pictures be included in that price? Sigh I am so confused lol. Good confused though lol

Mainahman

For $169 would pictures be included in that price? Sigh I am so confused lol. Good confused though lol
Are you referring to the CD? I got the pre offer for just the regular photopass as we had no character dining or anything, and i paid 119 pre order. if you get the CD you can get all the photos that are stored on the card. Thats my understanding.

razza1987

Original Poster
Are you referring to the CD? I got the pre offer for just the regular photopass as we had no character dining or anything, and i paid 119 pre order. if you get the CD you can get all the photos that are stored on the card. Thats my understanding.

I quote:

Disney PhotoPass+ allows you to capture all your vacation memories - all Disney's PhotoPass photos plus select Attraction and Character Dining photos - within a 14 day visit to the Disney Parks for one price. It includes a PhotoCD with all your Disney's PhotoPass photos and select Attraction &Character Dining photos, a copy of Disney's Photo Gallery CD and print packages at select Character Dining locations.

I'm assuming that means that the CD is included in the package

Rasvar

Photopass + includes all photos taken at character dining and all photos at the attractions, like Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, ToT, etc. no matter how many times you do them. That is where the real value is in the +. You don't have to pay for each attraction and dining photos. You will then be able to do the regular photopass online for your photos but a photo cd is also included in the price and your attraction/character can be included.

melmood2000

Disney decided to cash in on the photo aspect of a vacation, instead of you asking a nice person walking by if they would take your family picture with your own camera, Disney put photopass photographers in these locations to take the pictures for you with there big fancy looking cameras. Once you see a photopass photographer you will know what they look like and see them everywhere there was a thread on the forums a while back that had pictures of them in it.

They are located around all the parks and at meet and great locations. You can get one card and use it for your whole vacation * Tip take a picture of the back of your card with the code so if it is lost you can still recover the pictures*

The photo pass + was just introduced this year and it includes ride photos (around 14.95 each if you buy them at the end of the ride) and dining package photos, Plus a gallery CD of over 400 pictures taken around the parks and of the attractions.

I pre ordered the photopass + for are vacation next month. (here is the like for the pre-order discount http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx ) in the mail 7 days later I got a gallery CD of the 400 photos, a voucher to get my Photopass + card when I arrive at WDW (don't forget this voucher at home) and a Code to Order my photo Cd online in the photopass store after my vacation.

razza1987

Original Poster
Are any photos included in that price when you get back? Is the CD included in that price? How many pictures can you order on a CD?

Wow so many questions lol.

Thank you both for answering too :)

caslers

The only photos (prints) that are included with the photopass + are the meal photos. You do get the CD with ALL the photos (edit and originals) on it. Lets say you have 300 pictures taken while you are at WDW, once you get home you add boarders and character signatures to it, turning the 300 pictures into 600 pictures...you will all of those pictures on your CD, then you are able to print any and all of those pictures yourself. :)

Fraisie

I received my pre-ordered PhotoPass+ package yesterday.

I'm pretty excited to finally have tons of pictures of me making stupid faces in attractions.

psukardi

I received my pre-ordered PhotoPass+ package yesterday.

I'm pretty excited to finally have tons of pictures of me making stupid faces in attractions.

This! I never grab photos of myself on the rides - but if it's included in this plan I'll be taking advantage of it.

Fraisie

This! I never grab photos of myself on the rides - but if it's included in this plan I'll be taking advantage of it.

My favorite "They're-taking-a-picture" face is the "completely bored and blasé" look, with the "random-pointing-a-la-catalogue-models" for a close second.

psukardi

My favorite "They're-taking-a-picture" face is the "completely bored and blasé" look, with the "random-pointing-a-la-catalogue-models" for a close second.

I need to find the tiny chess set and superglue the pieces and make it look like I'm playing chess on splash mountain. Always wanted to try that

dreamfinder

Check out http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/ for a rundown on how Photopass itself works.

Basically there are three main portions to Photopass that many people call the same thing (even though they are not). Photopass, Photo CD, and Photopass+

Photopass itself is the service that Disney offers of in park photographers. They will typically setup in from of most of the good picture spots in park, and as well as at many of the character M&Gs. There is no charge or obligation for them to take your picture. If you have your own camera they will take a few pictures with their camera, as well as one or two with yours. They will then scan a Photopass card. The pictures then become tagged to that card. You have 30 days to then claim the card on their website, where you then have 30 days to make edit and order any products. You can order prints, mousepads, books, etc.

Photo CD is a product that they offer. This is a CD or download that will include copies of every picture you have claimed with your account, and any edits you have made. You aren't limited to a single CD, my last order ended up shipping me 12 CDs.

Photopass+ is a premium version of Photopass. This is a special card that is valid for 14 days, that will allow you to obtain ride and dining Photopass pictures for free. Most restaurants will include prints, as they currently print out the picture and then walk table to table trying to sell it to you. The rides will be for digital versions only. The purchase price currently includes a voucher for a Photo CD order as well.

You can use as many or as few Photopass cards as you want. You can use the one they send you in the mail the entire trip, or get a new one from each and every photographer you stop at.

Sunshineglow68

I'm a real tight wad and would just as soon take my own pictures or ask others to take them than to buy this Photo Pass. What do those who have purchased and used it, think about it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom