Where in WDW for a Vegan Meal?

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hi folks,Just a quick question.Friends of ours are off to WDW next month.One of them is a vegan. Where would you recommend for a awesome TS meal. Since they haven't made an ADR. Lunch might be their better option.:)

Hi I'm a Vegetarian myself, you can go where ever you like to go and they (any restaurant) can make your meal vegetarian, just ask, sometimes they even have special Vegetarian Menus and offers.
I found a great meal at the Mexican pavilion inside and outside :)

LuLaSue

Hi Hatter!

You know Jiko is at the top of my list for a Vegetarian/Vegan "Experience". For table service dining locations make sure your friends note that they are Vegan on their reservation, this makes all the difference in the world. I will also be trying Sanaa in the next week or so, I will keep you posted!

I have to also recommend Tangierine Cafe in Morocco/Epcot, good stuff here. Not a table service but, worth the mention!

wiigirl

Try the info booth....went last time with a vegan friend (who currently is off the wagon) and she asked and got a nice list of all resturants and snacks and drinks that were 'vegan'.

75.gif

ddbowdoin

Hi folks,Just a quick question.Friends of ours are off to WDW next month.One of them is a vegan. Where would you recommend for a awesome TS meal. Since they haven't made an ADR. Lunch might be their better option.:)

I figure there's a couple lawns around the MK you could pick and make a salad

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hi Hatter!

You know Jiko is at the top of my list for a Vegetarian/Vegan "Experience". For table service dining locations make sure your friends note that they are Vegan on their reservation, this makes all the difference in the world. I will also be trying Sanaa in the next week or so, I will keep you posted!

I have to also recommend Tangierine Cafe in Morocco/Epcot, good stuff here. Not a table service but, worth the mention!
Cheers Sue,Head organiser of the troup as found out there's a 5.00pm slot for dinner for the party of nine, at Sanaa,but Jikos I reckon will be fully booked tho I agree,its one of my top ten restaurants at WDW.Looking forward to your report.:)

rani8600

Try the info booth....went last time with a vegan friend (who currently is off the wagon) and she asked and got a nice list of all resturants and snacks and drinks that were 'vegan'.

75.gif

They no longer have these available unfortunately...

along with sanaa and jiko, boma it awesome. Chef TJ who LOVES vegans is currently working at 1900 park fair, they can call ahead and make sure that he is working that night. the counterservice at Morocco is great with vegans, also, sunshine seasons in the land. Vegans can go to 50 prime time or Beaches and Cream (Beach Club) for amazing vegan ice cream treats. Ohana used to be great, but once Chef TJ left...not so much. They have changed a lot of the old standbys in the parks so that they are no longer vegan so they are going to want to double check and ask about everything before ordering it. It was so much easier before the change and what you read online was accurate. Though Disney is getting a lot of complaints from the special diet and allergy population and may be changing some of the items back once contracts are up in the new year.

i am going to Disney as a vegan tommorrow for a week and will be writing a report when i get back, hopefully i will have a bit more information about the changes then.

I figure there's a couple lawns around the MK you could pick and make a salad

dont joke...lol. sometimes when you get hungry enough this sounds like way too much of a good idea ;)

MillerPoppins

Via Napoli has a couple Vegan options, even including their famous pizza. Obviously the cheese is removed, but seems to be good with a variety of vegetable toppings. Also can do their pasta and marinara with no animals products and even some salads. Hope this helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom