Doubting Avatar

fosse76

So, then how does Expedition Everest fit in with the general theme of the rest of the park?

Very easily. Mount Everest is an actual place, and the Yeti is an actual legendary creature steeped in centuries of folklore and ingrained in the culture of the land. Avatar, on the otherhand, involves 15-foot blue aliens created for a movie to make money, and have no relevance to the cultural history of anything.

ebof1023

i think AL has the potential to be a spectacular land inside AK, yes it may not be the most ideal fit here, but it still does fit within the park. There is no doubt that AK needs some kind of expansion that will make it an all day park, but i dont think that AL is the best thing for it, i think resurrecting Beastly Kingdom ideas would be a much much better fit here.

DisDadEddie

I guess we'll all have to wait until 2016 to give our opinion about Avatarland. We'll see if ground breaking happens in 2013 as planned.

Jakester

I feel TDO will possibly do good with Avatar, I think it was only announced so early because of many rumors, and they just announced it, while in the very early stages.
Maybe at 2013 D23 Expo, we will learn much more, when it was probably originally supposed to be announced.

Jimmy Thick

If we can get 2 or 3 new attractions out of Avatarland with one being a old school e-ticket, Avatarland will be a smash.

Jimmy Thick- Simulator coming no doubt.

AmongMadPeople

I feel TDO will possibly do good with Avatar, I think it was only announced so early because of many rumors, and they just announced it, while in the very early stages.
Maybe at 2013 D23 Expo, we will learn much more, when it was probably originally supposed to be announced.

But was it really? As I recall, it came completely out of the blue. I don't recall rumors floating around beforehand. I got the impression they tried to outrun the rumor mill. My interest in rumors waxes and wanes though.

Were they preempting someone? Universal FL hasn't officially announced Potter 2.0, but I think it leaked around the same time USH announced their Potter land. I think all of these happened in the same general time frame.

GLaDOS

Were they preempting someone? Universal FL hasn't officially announced Potter 2.0

Technically they have. At the USH announcement they announced they would be expanding the Florida WWoHP "significantly".

So while details haven't been announced, they have announced an expansion is coming.

Pentacat

If we can get 2 or 3 new attractions out of Avatarland with one being a old school e-ticket, Avatarland will be a smash.

Jimmy Thick- Simulator coming no doubt.

How may attractions are in Cars Land? How many are E-Tickets? How much did it cost?

$500 million isn't going to cover anything near this wish list.

Taylor

I think Disney will release more info about avatar during the long period of time between the princess M&G and when the mine coaster opens just to get people interested in something. That is just a complete guess though

lazyboy97o

If I had a finger for every project publicly announced that didn't happen.
Heck, even Cars Land had a Dine-In Theater that was announced then cancelled. A version of The Walt Disney Story was announced. Phase II of the "Extreme Makeover" was even announced.

bubbles1812

Hahaha yes, I'd much rather enjoy a coaster about dragon's and unicorns than a movie hardly revolving around animals. If they really have to do this, why not in Hollywood Studios? :confused:
I'd honestly argue that Avatar was just as much about it's "world" as it was about what's his name going to live with the blue people. I thought the plot of the movie was ok but the world of Pandora was magnificent. It made the movie with a fairly mediocre plot into something better solely because the animals and plants portrayed. The whole first half of the movie was about the main character getting to know the world including its animal life..they showed plenty. And animals played a pretty big role in the climax of the film...just sayin'. And the movie does have a strong conservation theme like AK. I think it fits just fine and makes more sense than it being at DHS. Jus my two cents.

I'd love to have Avatarland and Beastly Kingdom...unfortunately, Beastly Kingdom is dead for the now and most likely forseeable future. So I've come to accept Avatar. It has potential. Will that potential actually be realized? That I doubt, sadly enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom