couple things I noticed

forevermickey

Original Poster
Hi everyone :) Went to the World on May 8th and stayed @ the WL for the first time, loved it! I have a story about that.. I will put in my trip report after school is over and things slow down. I noticed a few things while on my trip, not sure if I am crazy or they were really different. First, the Monorail spiel voice was different, yes or no... Second, while riding Living with the Land, in the farm house scene, the barking dog was gone... there was a barking dog there, right? Third, well I know this is not true, but for some reason It's a Small World just seemed smaller:D, it really did this time, maybe because I just had been there in September, who knows. Is the one in DL much different?

hpyhnt 1000

Hi everyone :) Went to the World on May 8th and stayed @ the WL for the first time, loved it! I have a story about that.. I will put in my trip report after school is over and things slow down. I noticed a few things while on my trip, not sure if I am crazy or they were really different. First, the Monorail spiel voice was different, yes or no... Yes, it was changed in the past few months. Second, while riding Living with the Land, in the farm house scene, the barking dog was gone... there was a barking dog there, right? Yes, there was a dog there. Not sure what happened to him. Third, well I know this is not true, but for some reason It's a Small World just seemed smaller:D, it really did this time, maybe because I just had been there in September, who knows. Is the one in DL much different? Can't help you on your perspective. :) But yes, the DL version is very different. Longer overall and with an outdoor queue and load area and no flooded rooms.

See red above.

ncstate7991

no flooded rooms? can you elaborate?:)

I am going to try to explain it. At DL you are in a canal filled with water, but the sets/stages are above a dry floor. At WDW the entire room floor is covered in water, so the water runs from your boat all the way to the stage and then underneath the stage as well.

DL - http://www.blogcdn.com/www.gadling.com/media/2007/11/small-world.jpg
WDW - http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/images/2007/11/02/iasw11_5.jpg

I hope this helps!

DizneyPryncess

I am going to try to explain it. At DL you are in a canal filled with water, but the sets/stages are above a dry floor. At WDW the entire room floor is covered in water, so the water runs from your boat all the way to the stage and then underneath the stage as well.

DL - http://www.blogcdn.com/www.gadling.com/media/2007/11/small-world.jpg
WDW - http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/images/2007/11/02/iasw11_5.jpg

I hope this helps!

That's interesting - I never noticed that before on either ride. :)

forevermickey: I prefer the DL version - the exterior especially I think is beautiful. I'm kind of bummed that the monorail voice has changed - I didn't know that. I never thought that's something I'd care about, haha.

AmongMadPeople

Dog went missing earlier in the year. Between our late March and early May trips the barking was removed as well. Both barking and dog are currently MIA.

nepalostparks

I noticed that the barking dog was missing from the farm house in March. Hope it comes back soon.
Is the sound of the barking dog still there. Last time I went the dog was missing, but the sound effect still existed.
As of a few weeks ago, no dog, and no barking.
Dog went missing earlier in the year. Between our late March and early May trips the barking was removed as well. Both barking and dog are currently MIA.

Rode Living with the Land yesterday, and I'm happy to report the barking dog has returned to the front porch.

wiigirl

The monorail announcements on all of the lines were re-voiced, yes.

I noticed that. :p
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom