"Glow with the Show" hats and WDW

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Original Poster
So how do you envision WDW incorporating the new "Glow with the Show" hats?

Sweet Melissa

Haven't heard of them. What do they do, exactly?

About what they sound like. They're hats that light up in time to World of Color. I gather they work kind of like the old Magical Moments pins.

timthumb.php

Cmdr_Crimson

I guess it's an overall effect? They presume that many people around the lagoon in DCA will be wearing them and distracting enhancing the show.

I'm pretty sure since they are clear ears that when the show is not happening they probably change colors as your walking around with them...I do wonder if it has LED lighting in it?

sponono88

Here's what Steve Davison said on his FB page:

Had a run through last night of "Glow With The Show!" at World of Color! It is so cool! I've been wanting to do this idea for over 10 years, and now we finally have the technology to make it happen. It really is a fantastic enhancement to the show as you become living pixels of color that interact with the performance. I am so excited!

And according to the blog, the hats are not limited to World of Color - they will interact with other things in the park

Watch as the iridescent ears change to complement and harmonize with what’s happening around you, allowing you to become a part of the magic of our nighttime spectaculars, such as “World of Color” and Mad T Party. But that’s not all – there are lots of surprises in store when you visit Disney California Adventure park with Glow with the Show Ears, so I’ll let you discover them for yourself!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...the-show-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

TP2000

Here's a couple of good videos from tonight's debut of the Glow With The Show ears at World of Color at Disney California Adventure. What a clever concept to pull off with 5,000 people!

60 seconds of the opening segment with Glow With The Show ears.

And here's how the Glow With The Show ears interact with the new Brave segment of World of Color that also debuted tonight. I like the looks of this new movie, aside from the glowing ears and World of Color thing. Great music! This Brave segment shows how the Glow With The Show ears can change in small numbers randomly or in sync with the entire audience.

Brave segment of World Of Color and Glow With The Show ears.

These new ears also reportedly interact with the Mad T Party musical elements in DCA, and also do something in Cars Land with the music there. The strong bet is they'll next begin interacting with Fantasmic! across the way at Disneyland.

So obviously this will be something that will also arrive in WDW. I could see it working at Fantasmic! at DHS and Reflections Of Earth at Epcot. Not sure what it might work with at Magic Kingdom, although I could see it meshing in with Magic, Memories and You and the eventual return of Spectromagic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom