This new layout is TERRIBLE...

Minnie1976

Can someone tell me where to find my subscriptions? I have all these threads in my subscriptions that I like to view daily and I don't know where to look for them.
Thank you for any help you can give me.

dxwwf3

I really like the "Your News Feed" option. I do wish there was a shortcut for that under the Forums tab at the top of the page where Mark Forums Read, Search Forums, Watched Threads, etc are located though.

Obviously this is going to take a lot of getting used to and I hope the traditional WDWMagic Message Board color scheme will be added later, but there are some nice features that were added and it is much faster.

Tom

Beta Return
For anyone who has never installed, customized, patched, or administrated an internet forum, it's hard to describe the piece of crap that vBulletin has become. 4.x is FAR worse, and they're gradually dropping support for 3.x, which is what WDWmagic was previously running.

This software vs vBulletin is like comparing Google Chrome to Internet Explorer.....a million times simpler, less code, easier to customize, follows actual internet coding standards, and is in tune with today's "social" internet.

I'm very excited for this new endeavor. It will take us all some getting used to it (and I've learned that I need to re-visit all my subscribed threads to start getting the emails again), but once Steve has a chance to make some more modifications to the style, and everyone gets their undies out of a wad, I predict a much more user-friendly forum that all will enjoy.

Tom

Beta Return
What were they thinking by ruining the boards like this?!

I'm trying really hard to censor myself, because it's 2:30am and I am way past the sleep-deprived state, but I couldn't resist letting your genius little post slide through.

Do you have a clue who "they" are? You refer to "they" like you're talking about Meg & Company. "THEY" is Steve, and whomever else (if anyone) helps him administer this site.

Running a forum isn't free. And running a forum the size of WDWmagic is the opposite of free.

"What were they thinking by ruining the boards like this?!" I mean, really? THEY RUINED the boards, just like THEY RUINED Dumbo. Same group of people. Same motive: to save money and give us a lesser product.

Your comment was absolutely moronic in every way. MAF, it sounds like you'd be much happier over at the DIS, where the site runs on what seems like a single processor with 512MB of memory, and is skinned to look like a circus (oh wait, you don't like circuses either).

Dear Mods: Do what you will with this post. At least I avoided the swear words I really wanted to use, but this kind of ignorant jab at WDWmagic (i.e. an individual) irritates me severely and I had to say something.

Hrudey3032

My only complaint is the color I really liked the old color scheme however love the speed of the new operating sytem and the like function. As far as MAF is concerned you are entitled to your opinion but I think for a free site you could have said it with a little more respect to Steve. He does a great job running the best WDW fan site out there.

biggy H

I was confused when I first saw it and wondered if I had the correct site!
So far not too bad, I will have to give it time and see how it works on android as well later.

Is there any plans to enable users to change the background colour? It would appear that this would be a popular option if available.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
It is on my list. Typically I believe that most mobile users will be on 3G and will find it easier to use the mobile version. I do understand though that in some cases the full version would be useful to have.
Great to hear we will be able to change from mibile version on iphone, but, it has grown in me!! Thanks for all the hard work Steve & crew!!

jlevis

On the forum opening page my photo is cut off. Other than that I'll give the new look some time but right now I like Main Street scrims more. ;)

captainkidd

My only complaint is the color I really liked the old color scheme however love the speed of the new operating sytem and the like function. As far as MAF is concerned you are entitled to your opinion but I think for a free site you could have said it with a little more respect to Steve. He does a great job running the best WDW fan site out there.

You got that right.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
On the forum opening page my photo is cut off. Other than that I'll give the new look some time but right now I like Main Street scrims more. ;)
The new avatars are actually square in shape, and your old avatar was landscape. The system has trimmed it to fit (you can still see the full version though by clicking on your avatar). If you want it to look right in the square shape, just upload a new version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom