Buying hats, ears and skull caps

fraser182

Fantasmic Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi everyone, I am going with my family to Disney World this year in July.

My wife and I want to purchase a hat, ears or a 'skull' cap for each member of the family. So we get them upon arriving at the Boardwalk Villas.

Just wondering if the 'skull' caps are held on with band that goes under your chin? - cant remember.

Also, can anyone recommend any places to look online - only want official ears :sohappy:

Always appreciated, my fellow Disney-ers :D

tdpolo26

Hi everyone, I am going with my family to Disney World this year in July.

My wife and I want to purchase a hat, ears or a 'skull' cap for each member of the family. So we get them upon arriving at the Boardwalk Villas.

Just wondering if the 'skull' caps are held on with band that goes under your chin? - cant remember.

Also, can anyone recommend any places to look online - only want official ears :sohappy:

Always appreciated, my fellow Disney-ers :D
here
here

dreamfinder

Not quite sure which you are looking for as hats are different than ears, and I don't consider skullies to be either. Skull caps are normally used as another name for a knit beanie hat. I have seen all 3 styles for sale at various places on property.

Assuming you do mean the ears, those do indeed have a piece of elastic that goes under the chin to help keep them on. The DisneyStore website already linked to will have them for the same price as in the parks. The parks may have a different selection, there are a few that I have seen recently that I don't see on the website. There are other sites that offer personal shopping, and may be able to look for other options, however they will charge a markup.

By getting them upon arrival do you want them to be in the room? That usually won't happen. Occasionally Disney Floral can make that happen, but normally the resort won't put anything in a room until the guest checks in just in case there ends up being a last minute room change. The desk will usually deliver them after you have checked in.

Staying at the Boardwalk, the shop there should have the plain black mouse ears and maybe one or two of the fancy styles. If you want them personalized, you would need to go to one of the parks, or DTD. If you do buy them separately from the personalization, hold onto your receipt as they may ask to see it if you try to get them embroidered later. DTD either the Days of Christmas store, or the Hanes Design a Tee store (both by the bus stops) should be able to do the embroidery. MK would be at the Chapeau (store to the far right next to the Mickey/Princess fast pass, and I can't recall the other parks locations.

sublimesting

I have always been surprised at the lack of adults who wear ear hats. Personally my wife and I both do. She has a bow with Minnie ears and I have a pirate bandana with Mickey ears and our daughter has the classic pink hat with ears. For as childlike and carefree Disney makes people feel you'd think more folks would cut loose and enjoy themselves with a good hat.

Anyways the "skull caps" will fit on your head without the strap but there is one that goes under your chin if you want.

fraser182

Fantasmic Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you for all your response. Sorry for the confusing 'skull cap' description. All info has helped...food for thought :)

Timekeeper

As an alternative to the "official" hats, it may be fun to create some "do it yourself" hats. I'm not sure if these (pictured) are official, but they look home-made. Regardless, it could be a fun project for the family to create some custom hats :)

viewimage_story.php

fraser182

Fantasmic Premium Member
Original Poster
As an alternative to the "official" hats, it may be fun to create some "do it yourself" hats. I'm not sure if these (pictured) are official, but they look home-made. Regardless, it could be a fun project for the family to create some custom hats :)

Haha, those are awesome...Im browsing 'stuff' as I type... thank you!

jlevis

I have always been surprised at the lack of adults who wear ear hats. Personally my wife and I both do. She has a bow with Minnie ears and I have a pirate bandana with Mickey ears and our daughter has the classic pink hat with ears. For as childlike and carefree Disney makes people feel you'd think more folks would cut loose and enjoy themselves with a good hat.

Anyways the "skull caps" will fit on your head without the strap but there is one that goes under your chin if you want.

I wear Mickey ears that have been personalized and my wife has "leporard" ears that get a lot of comments. I wear a hat 24/7 so it is nothing new for me but the ears do help create the fun of Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom