Disney Cruise Line Stateroom Reviews

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Okay, let's start a thread with stateroom reviews! Whenever you return from a Disney Cruise on any ship, post a review of your stateroom. This will take a while to build up, obviously, but it may still be helpful in the meantime.

I'll reserve the first few posts to list the staterooms that have been reviewed and link to the post.

FYI, if you're ever looking for a review on a stateroom and can't find it, check its sister ship. They should be pretty similar.

Here are some things to list:

Ship
Stateroom #
Room Category
Aft, Mid or Forward
Date of Sailing

Then tell us if the room is noisy or quiet, how many people did it sleep, did it have a steamer trunk, was the balcony view obstructed, etc. Anything you want to describe is great! You get bonus points for pictures. :)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Disney Dream Stateroom Reviews -

2546 - Post #29
5522 - Post #92
5682 - Post #17
6124 - Post #65
6552 - Post #56
7014 - Post #28
7567 - Post #91
7582 - Post #90
7616 - Post #13
8062 - Post #10
8084 - Post #51
8534 - Post #37
8590 - Post #97
8662 - Post #50
9168 - Post #39
10545 - Post #12
10568 - Post #26
10090 - Post #45

Last edited:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Disney Fantasy Stateroom Reviews -

2038 - Post #53
6106 - Post #6
6145 - Post #57
7582 - Post #60
7584 - Post #60
8034 - Post #52
8074 - Post #62
10058 - Post #7
10148 - Post #11
10600 - Post #20

Last edited:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Disney Magic Stateroom Reviews -

2110 - Post #38 (Pre Refurb)
2118 - Post #64 (Pre Refurb)
2618 - Post #14 (Pre Refurb)
5131 - Post #46 (Pre Refurb)
5144 - Post #93
5640 - Post #30 (Pre Refurb)
6126 - Post #84
6512 - Post #49 (Pre Refurb)
6588 - Post #86
6616 - Post #9 (Pre Refurb)
7118 - Post #48 (Pre Refurb)
7126 - Post #54 (Pre Refurb)
7616 - Post #66
7625 - Post #36 (Pre Refurb)
8048 - Post #34 & 35 (Pre Refurb)

Last edited:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Disney Wonder Stateroom Reviews -

2564 - Post #61
2614 - Post #8
6152 - Post #31
8082 - Post #32

Last edited:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Disney Fantasy
Stateroom 6106
Category 4D
Midship
Sail Date - 3/23/2012

This was a great room that sleeps 5. It was quiet, no creaking or engine noise. It's located above the kid's clubs and below other staterooms. No noise from the connecting room. The balcony is right above a life boat so you can't look straight down.

DisneyFantasyInaugural1184.jpg

DisneyFantasyInaugural1212.jpg

DisneyFantasyInaugural1214.jpg

At night with the beds out:

DisneyFantasyInaugural1552.jpg

DisneyJoe

Ship: Fantasy
Stateroom # 10058
Room Category: 5A
Aft, Mid or Forward: Mid
Date of Sailing: 3/23-3/26/2012

Room was just off the elevators on deck 10, only 1 room down from main entrance to hallway.

Slept 3 people.

Noise could be heard from deck 11 when they were arranging chairs, more than I recall from a similar room on deck 10 on the Dream, but that room was further down the hall - but not enough room to keep me from getting the same room again.

I liked the closeness to the elevator and stairs, it was easy to go up to deck 11 for snacks and drinks.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Disney Wonder
Stateroom #2614
Category 9C
Aft
Sail Date - 5/31/2011

This room was in a great location. Very close to the aft elevators so it was really convenient. No noise from the elevators. It's under the kitchens and while some of our neighbors complained of noise from above, we didn't have any problems. It did have a steamer trunk.

It slept 4 people.

Here's a pic of the porthole:

AlaskaCruise222.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Disney Magic
Stateroom #6616
Category 5C
Aft
Sail Date - 4/24/2011

This room was in a great location by the aft elevator. Super convenient to Topsiders and the drink stations. The upper bunk was a bit creaky. It did have a steamer trunk. It slept 4 people.

1MedCruise93_filtered.jpg

2MedCruiseMalta9-1.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Disney Dream
Stateroom # 8062
Category 4B
Midship
Sail Date - 1/23/2011

This room was midship and convenient to the midship elevators. It slept 4 and there were no noise problems whatsoever.

DisneyDream270_filtered.jpg

DisneyDream183_filtered.jpg

DisneyDream190_filtered.jpg

DisneyDream196_filtered.jpg

DisneyDream197_filtered.jpg

invader

Disney Fanatsy
5A
Aft
3/16/12 - 3/23/12

An absolutely gorgeous room. Located right across from the Aft elevators with easy access to Cabanas (Only one flight of stairs up!). Can sleep up to four with pull-down bunk. Only negatives are that this does have an obstructed view of a veranda, and some subtle noise can be heard early in the morning from Cabanas. I'd give the room a consistent 9/10.

ChuckElias

Disney Dream
Stateroom 10545
Sail date 4/14/11

Room was roughly midship. Standard inside stateroom. It was unusual because there was a hallway between the port and starboard walkways and the room was located along the hallway. We actually couldn't find it, because we were looking for rooms along the inside wall of the "normal" starboard walkway. Interesting room placement. It was a little closer to the midship elevators than the forward elevators.

The room had a magical porthole, which was very fun. The downsides to this room were that it didn't have the split bathroom (it turns out there are only 12 or 13 inside staterooms with the split bath on the whole ship), and it was noisy. We heard mechanical noise at all times of the day and night.

Here's the only pic I have online:

DSCN0511.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Ship: Disney Dream
Stateroom #: 7616
Category: 04C / Family Oceanview w/Verandah
Sail Date: 9/15/11

91626.jpg

The location of the room was situated between the aft & midship elevators. Which elevators to use depended on the desired destination because we were close to the halfway point. Laundry facilities were a little haul from where we were as well. ((You know me and my laundry! :lol:))

The room was the larger size verandah room at 299 sq. ft. We had the split bath with large, round tub which was spacious. It had both a handheld, adjustable height shower head AND a big rainshower head in the center. This particular stateroom did NOT have the 4th Murphy bed that sleeps the 5th person in other deluxe family staterooms which was fine since we had only 4 people to sleep in 3 beds: queen, sofa conversion, & pull-down. All beds were super comfy. No complaints. Loved the verandah. Gotta make sure the slider door is all the way shut & latched on windy nights or it whistles. No problems whatsoever with the room or our steward. Love all the storage (under bed is massive!) and felt like we had more space/conveniences than in many of the larger WDW resort rooms we've had. No noise complaints other than the occasional full-speed running children who love those looooong hallways. :animwink:

91516.jpg

Under bed storage!
91517.jpg

91518.jpg

91519.jpg

91522.jpg

91520.jpg

91521.jpg

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Ship - Magic
Stateroom #2618
Room Category - 9C (?)
Aft, Mid or Forward - Aft
Date of Sailing - 3/17/12
Slept 4 (I think)

542203_3710125396629_1380423594_33632556_1578006416_n.jpg

1 large porthole
526464_3709947472181_1380423594_33632149_1699089189_n.jpg

1 bed (queen), foldout couch (twin) and i'm sure (we didn't use it) a pull-down bunk. Split bathroom (sink/toilet in 1 & tub/shower/sink in the other)

2012-03-17144014.jpg
2012-03-17144004.jpg

Noise was minimal except when we were pulling into port. I woke up at 4:30am to what i think was them pulling in the stabilizers - that was the only real noise i noticed...but I'm a heavy sleeper

We were right next to the elevators and it was great - we went to deck 9 all of the time (quickly) to get free sodas.

pggaido

Disney Fantasy
Stateroom 6106
Category 4D
Midship
Sail Date - 3/23/2012

This was a great room that sleeps 5. It was quiet, no creaking or engine noise. It's located above the kid's clubs and below other staterooms. No noise from the connecting room. The balcony is right above a life boat so you can't look straight down.

DisneyFantasyInaugural1184.jpg

DisneyFantasyInaugural1212.jpg

DisneyFantasyInaugural1214.jpg

At night with the beds out:

DisneyFantasyInaugural1552.jpg

Those pictures look awesome! Thank you very much for sharing!

Phonedave

FYI, if you go to the Disney Cruise website, go to Castaway Club (you DID register for it, right?) and then go to "my cruises" you will see a history of your cruises, with dates and stateroom numbers

Ship: Deam
Stateroom #: 5682
Room Category: Verandah
Aft, Mid or Forward: Aft
Date of Sailing: 7/10 - 7/15/2011

Pictures shortly

Verhandah room with split bath. Bath on left, closet on right. Two rooms from the aft of the ship, on the starboard side. Sleeps 4 - Queen sized bed, convertable twin sofa, twin pull down berth.

When we were in this room, there was no exterior light on the balcony, just bare wires with a sticker on them that said in German WARNING! DANGER! - must have missed that during the sea trials I guess.

This room is, in a word, NOISY. It is right above the clubs and we could easily hear dance music until closing every night. I called multiple times, and they would lower the music, only to have it go back to loud 15 minutes later. Guest Services tried to make it right by giving us excursion packages, on board credits, and various gifts, but all I really wanted was to not have my kids woken up at 2 AM. According to them they were "still working out the bugs with the DJ"

-dave

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
FYI, if you go to the Disney Cruise website, go to Castaway Club (you DID register for it, right?) and then go to "my cruises" you will see a history of your cruises, with dates and stateroom numbers

Yes! That's where I found some from my cruises when I couldn't remember the number! :)

sweetpee_1993

Dave, I remembered you talking about that stateroom when our GTY assignment came in on the Magic a few months ago. First thing I noticed was Rockin Bar D directly above us. No way! Totally reiterates the importance of sharing experiences and learning from each other. We upgraded for a small fee...then made a huge jump at the port before embarkation...resulting in a totally fabulous cruise experience. So thank you! :wave:

devoy1701

Ship: Fantasy
Stateroom #: 10600
Room Category: 4A - Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda
Aft, Mid or Forward: Mid
Date of Sailing: 5/12-5/19/2012

The room itself was beautiful and large, 299 sq ft, split bath, and looked much like the pictures Tammy posted with the exception of no pull-down bed...so it could sleep 4 total.

Edit: I should add the two minor issues that we had with the stateroom before the main issue. One of the doors leading into the bathroom (the side with the toilet) didn't latch correctly so you kind of had to slam it or after you closed it lean on it (or pull on it) depending on what side of the door you were on. Minor annoyance but we adapted and let our Stateroom Host William know about it at the end of the week. We also noticed that the bathtub sometimes did not want to drain...we kept fiddling with the drain and sometimes it would work fine and other times it would fill up. Couldn't figure that one out. By the way...I don't know if the Stateroom Hosts rotate after a certain amount of time, but William was amazing. His attention to detail was fantastic and quickly picked up on our minor quirks on how we liked our stateroom (such as having a mat down in both bathrooms and not just the one with the bathtub), and he knew us by name after the first night and would greet us whenever he saw us in the hallways. If you do end up staying Deck 10, Starboard, Mid-Ship, you will be blessed to have William as your attendant.

This room was VERY noisy however and I would not recommend that ANYONE pay the addition fees to stay in a Veranda Room on Deck 10 on the Fantasy. We were constantly woken up early in the morning (6am) to the crew resetting/cleaning/sliding the tables and chairs across the deck, and throughout the day and into the late evening you would hear kids/people running across the deck. The noise from the deck about just seemed to reverberate throughout the cabin ceiling and walls. We called Guest Services and complained after the second night, and although it helped handled the issue in the mornings (their solution was roping off the area so no one could work there in the morning and they sending up a tote bag full of Inaugural Sailing goodies), they seemed to refuse to enforce the "No Running" rule throughout the entire cruise and had to call again on night 4 when it sounded like people were playing tag or something at 2 in the morning. We opted to not spend much time in our cabin during the day because it just wasn't relaxing. Then on the final morning we were woken up very early at 4:43am because they were pressure washing the deck...so much for that. Surprisingly most of the noise from the events such as movies or pool activities could not be heard from the cabin, just the running/stomping and the morning crews. I'm still going to be working with Guest Services on the issue but my recommendation is to save some money and opt for a more peaceful and just as luxurious stay on Deck 9! (btw, how to I get in touch with DCL Guest Relations post trip?)

Enjoyed every other aspect of our Honeymoon Cruise!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom