Regrets!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning Disney People. I was watching our first WDW vacation on DVD last night and there was a moment when one of the Dapper Dans who had heard me singing along and invited me to join in with them and sing in harmony[I sing & play guitar in a two piece] anyway I reclined their offer and now wish I had took them up on it. Have you had any regrets whilst on vacation?maybe a ride you wish you had done,or something you were going to buy but never did? Or a show you wished you had seen? Your stories please.:wave:

Sharkreef11

Good Morning Disney People. I was watching our first WDW vacation on DVD last night and there was a moment when one of the Dapper Dans who had heard me singing along and invited me to join in with them and sing in harmony[I sing & play guitar in a two piece] anyway I reclined their offer and now wish I had took them up on it. Have you had any regrets whilst on vacation?maybe a ride you wish you had done,or something you were going to buy but never did? Or a show you wished you had seen? Your stories please.:wave:

The best story I can think of at the moment (i'm sure there's plenty more) but was my old fear of Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach. We went to Disney for the first time when I was ten years old and it scared the heck out of me. Every trip after that I kept telling myself I would do it, and I would get closer and closer but could never pull the trigger. Finally one trip when I was 22, I decided to get in line. That's the worst part becuase it was about a 20 minute wait and it made things worse as I slowly got higher and higher. But I said no backing out this year. Finally made it to the top and laid down, crossed my legs and arms, (couldn't see my feet!) and went down. It was one of the biggest thrills and when I was done I felt like I could accomplish anything at that moment.

So it took me twelve years to finally get there but it was worth it and I have gone several times since then. :sohappy: Careful of the wedgies!! :animwink: There are tricks though..

SulleyanBoo

Yes! I have been to Disney World over a 100 times. Yes literally. I was born and raised in FL and have annual passes lol and I have never.....seen....Fantasmic..ever. I hear it's amazing. I regret never having seen it. One of these days I will see it I hope! We are actually leaving today for a 4 day trip..hopefully the statement above will change by the time that I get back.

bgraham34

I regret not buying DVC back in the 99 when I first started working. Would have been better to blow my money on DVC back than the other stupid things.

Sharkreef11

Yes! I have been to Disney World over a 100 times. Yes literally. I was born and raised in FL and have annual passes lol and I have never.....seen....Fantasmic..ever. I hear it's amazing. I regret never having seen it. One of these days I will see it I hope! We are actually leaving today for a 4 day trip..hopefully the statement above will change by the time that I get back.

What??? 100 times and no Fantasmic? :lol: I am sure you have heard this a lot but I strongly suggest it. We love it but the problem is they run into a lot of technical issues when we go or the show either gets really delayed or cancelled so we haven't been in a while.

Enjoy your trip!!:wave:

ddbowdoin

I regret not buying DVC back in the 99 when I first started working. Would have been better to blow my money on DVC back than the other stupid things.

I feel the same way... my fiance and I went last March and are now returning in July for 12 days (honeymoon!) The time we and money we spent in March and for this upcoming trip would have taken a nice CHUNK out of a Beach Club DVC membership... I kick myself all of the time.

It's a matter of just ponying up the coin now... because you WILL spend that money over a period of time and let me tell you, it wont take 50 years.

SulleyanBoo

What??? 100 times and no Fantasmic? :lol: I am sure you have heard this a lot but I strongly suggest it. We love it but the problem is they run into a lot of technical issues when we go or the show either gets really delayed or cancelled so we haven't been in a while.

Enjoy your trip!!:wave:

haha YES I get that all the time. We will definitely make time for it! I really do want to see it! and thanks! :wave:

BigNormsMom

I too wish my family had bought DVC back then. Now I do not have it and it only gets more expensive to get lodging.:brick:

plaz10

I regret...one morning standing in line for the monorail - we were the only family. I should have asked to sit up front. But I didn't. And then the wreck. and now it's no longer an option.

JillC LI

I have a non-Disney vacation regret. When I was 24 and travelling in Australia, I went to see a musical show. I was invited to come up on stage to try the digeridoo (an Australia instrument made of a hollowed out narrow log), but I was too embarrassed to try it in front of everyone. To this day I wish I had given it a shot when I had the chance - who cared what that audience full of strangers thought? I would never have seen them again. Live and learn. I've tried to teach my kids this lesson I learned the hard way so that they take advantage of opportunities as they come because they may never come again, and not to worry about what other people - especially strangers - may think.

JIMINYCR

I have a non-Disney vacation regret. When I was 24 and travelling in Australia, I went to see a musical show. I was invited to come up on stage to try the digeridoo (an Australia instrument made of a hollowed out narrow log), but I was too embarrassed to try it in front of everyone.

Last year we were spending an evening at Downtown disney and there was a guy playing music for the crowds. One of his instruments played was the digeridoo. I knew what it was because one of my customers was taking music as a major in college and had learned how to play it as part of her courses. What a wonderful sound it makes when one learns how to play it.
My Disney regret... not collecting Disney pins earlier on during my Disney trips. So many great ones I missed out on. Although at the time I didn't have the money and couldn't justify the expenditure to spend on purchasing pins to trade with.

Innkeeper's Club

At the Backlot Tour they were asking for volunteers to be apart of that scene with the water canynons and etc. I thought to myself about saying yes, however just before I could raise my hand they already had the three people who wanted to do it.

disneyrcks

Our last trip we rented bikes at WL and rode of to Fort Wilderness. We loved it! I regret not doing it sooner. We also say we are gonna rent the boats and never do, so that is a regret.

dixiegirl

Same here! Although it was in 96 for our honeymoon! So 10 yrs later we finally took the plunge, and to think of all the money we spent going every yr from 96, somtimes twice, yeah we could have paid it off.....TWICE!

(and to my babe, yes we should have back then, you were right!)

BrittanyRose428

The best story I can think of at the moment (i'm sure there's plenty more) but was my old fear of Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach. We went to Disney for the first time when I was ten years old and it scared the heck out of me. Every trip after that I kept telling myself I would do it, and I would get closer and closer but could never pull the trigger. Finally one trip when I was 22, I decided to get in line. That's the worst part becuase it was about a 20 minute wait and it made things worse as I slowly got higher and higher. But I said no backing out this year. Finally made it to the top and laid down, crossed my legs and arms, (couldn't see my feet!) and went down. It was one of the biggest thrills and when I was done I felt like I could accomplish anything at that moment.

So it took me twelve years to finally get there but it was worth it and I have gone several times since then. :sohappy: Careful of the wedgies!! :animwink: There are tricks though..
Legit, same exact thing for me, except with Splash Mountain. Would not go on it until last year when I was 19, and now its my favorite ride. Who knew? :lol:

bethymouse

Animal Kingdom

I regret never taking the time to walk the "trails" around the park and to stop and take pictures.
I will be doing it this time!:)

MaryJaneP

I was also invited to sing along with the Dapper Dans. I also decided to lay horizontally while remaining mute. My one shot at "American Idol", but I was in the wrong park!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom