DHS New Attraction coming this summer! - The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow

sparkstsa

Original Poster
from the summer issue of Mickey Monitor "this mysterious new attraction will be a first-of-its-kind sensory experience in which Guests will have the chance to be enveloped by the world of the Pirates of the Caribbean as seen in the four
feature films"

jt04

Could this be due to work planned on the PotC attraction to make it more like the movies?

I'd like to think so. :cool:

sparkstsa

Original Poster
Here is another quote from the article:

“But we’re always looking at new ways to tell the story that our Guests have never seen before. In this attraction, we’ll let you walk in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow. “It’s not ‘the making of’, not ‘behind the scenes’…it is really a firstperson experience.” Jason wouldn’t divulge any of the state-of-the-art
special effect trickery used in the attraction, but he did assure us that the attraction is certain to elicit a “Wow! How’d they do that?” from our Guests."

Atomicmickey

Remember, POTC was originally to have been a walk-through.
Let's convince ourselves that this is what Walt would have wanted.:p

Sounds to me like a meet-and-greet with special effects?
A pirate version of what they had planned with the Princesses over
at MK?

Thrill Seeker

I'm glad they are finally putting something in that space. Having building sit empty in a park so small just seems wrong to me... Now we need a replacement for Sounds Dangerous...

I'm very curious as to how this will turn out. Should be interesting...

GrumpyFan

Great idea, but why did it take them so long to do it? The first Pirate's movie with him in it was in 2003, now almost 10 years later we get an attraction/show!?!? Better late than never, right? Hopefully, the popularity of this character hasn't waned too much, or they haven't killed him like they did Stitch by overselling.

I look forward to seeing what they do with this, but I still think the tank/pre-show at backlot should have gotten a Pirates makeover. Perhaps they could still do it, depending on how popular this turns out. I have to wonder though, if this is hugely popular, if the size of that venue is big enough?

dreamscometrue

This could be really neat. I don't know exactly what to expect from the description, but as always, I look forward to experiencing it myself before passing judgement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom