Lots of new pics of Art of Animation Resort in Sentinel

prberk

Original Poster
The Orlando Sentinel features a new gallery of pictures of the new Art of Animation Resort that appears to be ready to open.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...art-of-animation-resort,0,751239.photogallery

It keeps with the "oversized objects" theme of the other "value" resorts, which seems appropriate for the pool area; but buildings themselves seem like they will become quickly dated.

The room sample is way too overdone for an actual room. Disney characters in rooms are much better done when they are more subtle. The whole room should not look like a child's nursery.

Tha Animal Kingdom Lodge is an example of better use of Disney within the theming. The Lion King emblem is on the chair backs (carved in wood), and everything has an African feel; but the whole room is not aimed at five year olds.

Dose anyone remember the actual bestseller book, "The Art of Disney Animation"? It was a nice coffee-table book that pointed out the real artistry and detail in Disny animation. This resort is blows out the colors and overpowers the nature of that book.

I will say that the pool area seems well-done, and the chandelier, but the rest seems too overly bright and ignores the true "art" of animation (Bambi's rain, Beauty and the Beast's dining room, etc.)....

popcenturylover

The Orlando Sentinel features a new gallery of pictures of the new Art of Animation Resort that appears to be ready to open.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...art-of-animation-resort,0,751239.photogallery

It keeps with the "oversized objects" theme of the other "value" resorts, which seems appropriate for the pool area; but buildings themselves seem like they will become quickly dated.

The room sample is way too overdone for an actual room. Disney characters in rooms are much better done when they are more subtle. The whole room should not look like a child's nursery.

Tha Animal Kingdom Lodge is an example of better use of Disney within the theming. The Lion King emblem is on the chair backs (carved in wood), and everything has an African feel; but the whole room is not aimed at five year olds.

Dose anyone remember the actual bestseller book, "The Art of Disney Animation"? It was a nice coffee-table book that pointed out the real artistry and detail in Disny animation. This resort is blows out the colors and overpowers the nature of that book.

I will say that the pool area seems well-done, and the chandelier, but the rest seems too overly bright and ignores the true "art" of animation (Bambi's rain, Beauty and the Beast's dining room, etc.)....

I think that the resort looks great and I can't wait to stay here in Sept.!:sohappy:

coolbeans14

it looks very unique, but I worry that Cars cannot stay current enough. They aren't going to make more cars films, so in 10 years time, I don't know how great that'll be.

overall, i'd love to stay here, but I just wish they would do something like the hotel cheyenne at paris.

wolf359

I agree the rooms are overdecorated, but that seems to be what many want from a Disney resort: to be beaten over the head by characters in order to feel like they're at "Disney."

ChristianG

I actually really like this resort - except for one thing, the rooms. They're just too tacky and as other members have stated, "overdone".

mickeyminiemom

Is there any info on their bus system? I am wondering if the new resort will share buses with POP and if there will be just one main stop like at the other values?

SSE

I think the lobby looks nice with the animation cells and animation sketches. I do not like the room in the Nemo area though. It is very overdone like some other people have said. It could be more subtle and look great in my opinion. I would love to go in that pool though! It is huge!

mm52200

it looks very unique, but I worry that Cars cannot stay current enough. They aren't going to make more cars films, so in 10 years time, I don't know how great that'll be.

overall, i'd love to stay here, but I just wish they would do something like the hotel cheyenne at paris.

Considering they are opening a whole land based off of Cars in DCA and it's one of the Disney's most successful franchises, I don't think there'll be a problem with it staying current. Little Mermaid came out in 1989 and almost 23 years later it's still relevent.

Eh, not impressed. The actual resort looks cute and the layout of the room is a great idea in concept. However, the room decor is hideous. The carpet alone in the Nemo room would make me turn around and leave the resort. It's actually odd to me, it seems over decorated in some ways and under decorated in others. We had thought of giving this resort a shot, but I think we'll pass.

CaptainShortty

I absolutely LOVE the outside of the resort. I think it looks beautiful and the decoration around the pool area is great. That being said, I'm not so impressed with the rooms. There's something about them that I just don't like. They look a bit tacking which I hate saying but it's true. I think they're to overdecorated, especially Nemo. Looking forward to seeing what the others look like.

two4dud

I think this is most definitly one of those "to each their own" type of deals. I think the people who will want to stay at AOA, me me me, are those that really want to be immersed 100% in Disney. I get a thrill thinking about being surrounded by all those larger than life characters. But then, I'm a big kid at heart and am lucky to have a daughter who plays along with me! Can't wait til our October stay in the Mermaid rooms.
As for the worries of Cars being outdated. It may not be one of my personal favorite movies but I know it has a huge following and that fan base will certaintly pass this movie on to their on children one day. After all, I'm sure we all got our start in loving Disney films from someone. Many of the classics, Dalmations, Cinderella, Fantasia, Jungle Book...have been out for years...and they aren't going anywhere.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom