Say.... What if Avatarland got cancelled?

WDW1974

Get there early for a meet and greet with Joan. Grab an Old Fashioned at lunch. Spend the afternoon at the Carousel of Advertising with important moments in Madison Avenue history.

Sounds better than DHS, already.

Now that be good humor.

And not even of the toilet variety. I am impressed. :)

~Change is coming. BIG, SPIRITED change!~

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
You misunderstand.
No one is putting anyone down for what they report or what they read. The fact is, for some of us things like new DL rooms and the Orange Bird aren't significant. We prefer other types of discussion and "News and Rumors". It's simply a matter of different tastes, and to each his own.

Far too often it seems that people try to find/take offense where there is none.

~An agent of SPiRITED change?:cool:~

Just saying....it reads as a put down, no matter how it's explained.

WDW1974

Your buddy Merf has adopted Twitter with a vengeance.

I wouldn't call him my buddy (although I have joked as much) ... I truly think he hates everyone. I have never seen one in the online community that can't seem to get along with anyone or see a different side.

But I have seen some of his tweets from time to time ... I saw him whining about Disney not credentialing him for something and could only think 'Why would they?' and 'Disney can't credential every fanboi with a site despite the common misconception that a site equals freebies from the Celebration Place Social Media Cabal'

I think you are wrong here. The limit forces you to be succinct. Also, it isn't a one and done type deal. Intelligent conversations are really easy to have and track using the interface.

One can support the other...

I could be, but I don't see it ... I see a sort of dumbed down communication (sorta the equivalent of people using things like LOLs and WTFs and OMGs). I know people who are addicted to it. Many of the guys who left here a few years ago (and won't return no matter how I try and advise it) seem to do it 18 hours a day.

But again, I'm an ancient Spirit. I read real newspapers and books that are in paper and not on a tablet, so perhaps I am fighting a battle that was lost years ago?

I just don't see how one can have the meaty conversations we often have here on Twitter.

WDW1974

My favorite is when he brutalizes bloggers or unsanctioned CMs who think they are helping Duncan out...

I have enjoyed watching his catfights with Tommy Corless (sp?) ... it's funny because Merfie hates everything Disney does and thinks he could do better himself and Tommy loves everything Disney does and thinks the company can do no wrong, so when they get at it it is pure entertainment.

WDW1974

There was a time, not so long ago, that I thought I knew everything about WDW. Friends and families wouldn't dream of planning a trip without my input. I know realize that I know NOTHING.
Thank you to 1974, Lee, NoChesterHester and others for your insightful, spirited discussion. Sometimes the bickering gets to me, but mostly I love it. It's going to be a quiet five weeks. Have a great trip 1974.

I am quite sure you know plenty about WDW, Jennifer. And no one here knows everything or even close to it. Some of us do know a ridiculous amount of details about certain aspects ... I was at MK with a CM pal who is a lighting expert and he was showing how either WDI or OPs or both screwed up the lighting on first piece of the new castle wall that is open. I may have missed that entirely.

And who says it will be quiet without me? Things are happening behind the scenes on so many things right now.

Who knows, you may even see one piece of Avatar art (but I am in no way saying that you should remotely expect that!) ... or Disney may raise prices or introduce more of NEXT GEN (this IS possible) and everyone will get excited. And I will blissfully not care ... enjoying my trip (which will include three days at DLP! OF COURSE!:))

WDW1974

Disney isn't my life. I don't wish to blog about the Orange Bird ... or SotMK ... or the new rooms at Dixie Landings. I get my opinions out just fine here and I get to interract with friends and other members of the Disney fan community. I enjoy that.

As to the mods ... well, I don't always agree with how they do their jobs, but they do run the site a lot better than TDO runs WDW, so that's something!:D

Sounds like a put down to those (bloggers) that do....Others read that stuff (and you must have too, to reference it) and find it informative-mostly 'cause we are so far away from any Disney park. So, in essence, you're also implying to everyone (including me), that reads about Orange Bird....or SotMK....or the new rooms at Dixie Landings, that we must not have much of a life. Couldn't be further from the truth (at least when it comes to me). Yes, I'm a Disney fan and like to hear all the news (the good, the bad and the ugly), but I don't need to hear a condescending remark that takes down a large portion of the Disney loyalists (especially those on these forums). That portion of your first line didn't need to be posted here.

See, this is where editing on posts comes into play. Another poster was going after me and suggesting that I shouldn't post here and have my own blog again (a suggestion, to be fair, that I have heard for years!)

But that was deleted, so my response becomes choppy.

Now, if you wanna know my opinions, I think the Orange Bird is a largely insignificant part of WDW's history that has only found new life now because Disney sees it can make money off it ... I can't stand SotMK and have played it and observed others over four days. ... and I love the new rooms at Dixie Landings, except for the Princess rooms, which I feel have no place at a resort celebrating the old South (not toons!)

But I absolutely believe all three subjects are worthy of attention and discussion in the fan community and if my post wasn't chopped, I think that would have been made clearer.

My point was I don't wish to have a blog where I discuss those things because I don't want to have a blog at all!

lebeau

Just saying....it reads as a put down, no matter how it's explained.

Except it doesn't unless you are really determined to find offense in something that was not in any way offensive.

Seriously. I'm not interested in blogging about lots of subjects. That's not an insult to people who enjoy blogging or reading about those subjects.

You are stretching.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
See, this is where editing on posts comes into play. Another poster was going after me and suggesting that I shouldn't post here and have my own blog again (a suggestion, to be fair, that I have heard for years!)

But that was deleted, so my response becomes choppy.

Now, if you wanna know my opinions, I think the Orange Bird is a largely insignificant part of WDW's history that has only found new life now because Disney sees it can make money off it ... I can't stand SotMK and have played it and observed others over four days. ... and I love the new rooms at Dixie Landings, except for the Princess rooms, which I feel have no place at a resort celebrating the old South (not toons!)

But I absolutely believe all three subjects are worthy of attention and discussion in the fan community and if my post wasn't chopped, I think that would have been made clearer.

My point was I don't wish to have a blog where I discuss those things because I don't want to have a blog at all!

If because of editing, I wasn't able to read your entire post, and it was misunderstood, then I apologize for my comments. The edited version that I read, just came across as condesending. I love great debate, but at the end of the day, I'd like everyone in the sandbox to walk away friends. Sorry.

WDW1974

If because of editing, I wasn't able to read your entire post, and it was misunderstood, then I apologize for my comments. The edited version that I read, just came across as condesending. I love great debate, but at the end of the day, I'd like everyone in the sandbox to walk away friends. Sorry.

No apology needed. Just another (of many) misunderstandings in this thread today.

Been an awful day in the real world and I don't usually take any of this stuff that seriously, but two posters who don't really like me (and the feeling is mutual) just pushed my buttons and played me like a fiddle when I was in no mood for it.

I got no issues with anything you said. ... And I wouldn't do a Disney blog for anything, but have nothing against most who do.

NoChesterHester

There was a time, not so long ago, that I thought I knew everything about WDW. Friends and families wouldn't dream of planning a trip without my input. I know realize that I know NOTHING.
Thank you to 1974, Lee, NoChesterHester and others for your insightful, spirited discussion. Sometimes the bickering gets to me, but mostly I love it. It's going to be a quiet five weeks. Have a great trip 1974.

I am very flattered to be mentioned along side the respected posters Lee and '74. I am enjoying the conversation. Please opine yourself.

Nice post. Thank you for that.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973

On a side note, I pretty much agree with your points above, especially the SotMK. In my opinion, I find the portals quite intrusive, but I'm (old) 50, and I don't get into the whole "gaming" thing. If I want to play a game, I actually play a game with real humans, on a softball field, a tennis court, or a golf course.

WDW1974

But, dear Spirit, would they be welcome here again?

It's not my site, but to my knowledge none of them were banned except Merfie (the only person I know to have been banned by pretty much every Disney fan forum that exists).

So, that's between them and Steve ... but if they weren't banned, I don't see why they can't return. I leave and return to sites all the time ... I'm about to do so here ... and I may not be back posting for months (too bad my trip is ONLY five weeks!:cool:).

I don't know all that went down and some of them are friends (even in the REAL world), but I don't agree with how they handled their exit and said so. I can't imagine this site wouldn't be better with their perspectives (and they most definitely do NOT agree with me on everything ... citrus swirls anyone?:ROFLOL::drevil::wave:) ... I'm just afraid they've gotten used to the communicating via Twitter deal (again, my point on social networking killing/harming communities like this!)

RunnerEd

It's not my site, but to my knowledge none of them were banned except Merfie (the only person I know to have been banned by pretty much every Disney fan forum that exists).

So, that's between them and Steve ... but if they weren't banned, I don't see why they can't return. I leave and return to sites all the time ... I'm about to do so here ... and I may not be back posting for months (too bad my trip is ONLY five weeks!:cool:).

I don't know all that went down and some of them are friends (even in the REAL world), but I don't agree with how they handled their exit and said so. I can't imagine this site wouldn't be better with their perspectives (and they most definitely do NOT agree with me on everything ... citrus swirls anyone?:ROFLOL::drevil::wave:) ... I'm just afraid they've gotten used to the communicating via Twitter deal (again, my point on social networking killing/harming communities like this!)

Please '74, if you will.
Good change?
I know you won't reveal much more than what you have already hinted at but not all big change is good. Thanks! :wave:

WDW1974

I'm jealous!

OK, then I won't tell you that a week after I return, I'm headed to the mid-atlantic for 10 days, including a holiday weekend at Bussh Gardens Williamsburg, the only park in the USA that I have wanted to see for years and never been ... and that two weeks after that I 'may' be headed to the Carsland opening in Anaheim and then ... nah, really getting ahead of myself.:) ... I just want to get onboard the little boat that's taking me across the Pond (if we don't hit icebergs or have captains flip us while trying to impress their skanky dancer girlfriends!)

HenryMystic

OK, then I won't tell you that a week after I return, I'm headed to the mid-atlantic for 10 days, including a holiday weekend at Bussh Gardens Williamsburg, the only park in the USA that I have wanted to see for years and never been ... and that two weeks after that I 'may' be headed to the Carsland opening in Anaheim and then ... nah, really getting ahead of myself.:) ... I just want to get onboard the little boat that's taking me across the Pond (if we don't hit icebergs or have captains flip us while trying to impress their skanky dancer girlfriends!)

Ah, the glamorous life of The Spirit.

I'll just have to live vicariously through your adventures.

RSoxNo1

You're probably aware, the theming of that park is done somewhat well - like a hybrid of Fantasyland and the European countries in World Showcase. It's not Disney quality but it exceeded my expectations.

Curse of DarKastle is pretty cool, but needed some help to get up to Spiderman level. Apollo's Chariot was a really fun coaster, unfortunately Big Bad Wolf is no longer there.

lazyboy97o

Curse of DarKastle is pretty cool, but needed some help to get up to Spiderman level. Apollo's Chariot was a really fun coaster, unfortunately Big Bad Wolf is no longer there.
It is rumored that Curse of DarKastle has received some love while the park has been closed for winter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom