Latest aerial photos - March 30 2012

Mike730

I wonder if this will be covered like the thru-way bathrooms to frontierland from adventureland. Sound like a similar situation.

It will not be covered, the pathway is much larger than the one in adventureland. This is the general idea.
skywaybathrooms.jpg

Pink= concrete walkway
Reddish= Backstage walkways
Green= Foliage/planters/etc..
Wood= bathrooms

WDWFREAK53

It will not be covered, the pathway is much larger than the one in adventureland. This is the general idea.
skywaybathrooms.jpg

Pink= concrete walkway
Reddish= Backstage walkways
Green= Foliage/planters/etc..
Wood= bathrooms

Umm...is that a miniature train set in the "planters?"

E

Engenie

It looks like they might be tying the bridge structure into that mystery retaining wall that was built and then buried several months ago.

There was a burried wall in there? Hmmmm.. could be they knew they were going to need a temp wall down the road, or if said wall is buried down the middle it could be a free drainning wall, water between two retainging walls like there just turns it into a giant mud tub.

bdearl41

Anyone know a timeline for finishing the new walkway area? I would think they would want that comleted ASAP, to alieviate congestion on its way from the summer crowds.

ToTBellHop

Anyone know a timeline for finishing the new walkway area? I would think they would want that comleted ASAP, to alieviate congestion on its way from the summer crowds.
No way it'll be done by then. This is Disney World. We'll be lucky if it's done by the end of the year.

Gregoryp73

There will also be the hillside with the multi-stage waterfall coming off of it, and the subsequent stream and pond.

-Rob

I like it!!

Although, wouldn't it have been neat if they made it a little darker on the outlet to HM? Kinda like in the cartoons where if you look down one way, it's bright and sunny...then you look down the other way and its dead tree's and owls eyes...haha

One could dream

jt04

Obviously a "pre-wall"

No way it'll be done by then. This is Disney World. We'll be lucky if it's done by the end of the year.

I am hoping this project takes a year. That could mean a high level of detail and theming. Perhaps even a forced perspective horizon. This has a ton of potential. Kind of like the train station suprised people.

I like it!!

Although, wouldn't it have been neat if they made it a little darker on the outlet to HM? Kinda like in the cartoons where if you look down one way, it's bright and sunny...then you look down the other way and its dead tree's and owls eyes...haha

One could dream

Great idea! Sounds like Sleepy Hollow!

JungleTrekFan

^I wonder what the transitional design will be between the HM and the relatively open pathway.

From the look of the design, the path makes a nice S bend so that one will only see foliage and not straight into the next land/area. That way, the theme for either area will not be ruined.

Now realistically I’m sure the first year the foliage won’t be that thick, but will still obstruct the view enough for the transition to work.

RSoxNo1

Scott, what are you doing to get the great colors on your photos? Are you able to take HDR photos on your flights?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom