Best Disney tip you ever got!

KCheatle

Might be an obvious one, but get to the parks early. You can get so much more done in the morning before 11am than you can the rest of the day.

This is the best tip I think I have ever received! For my entire childhood, we would mosey on along every morning and get to the parks when we felt like it. Which always led to long lines, crowded character meet and greets, etc. etc. We'd miss parades, shows, have to skip rides, etc etc.

The last two years when my DH, DD and I went, we were up and at 'em, getting to the parks when they opened. And, not only is it super cool to see the opening show at the MK, but the park was OURS!!! We could literally walk on any ride we wanted ad it was that way for a least the first hour!

At AK we got there when it opened once, and made the most magical memory of any Disney vacation. We walked to Camp Minnie & Mickey and literally saw all of the characters just standing there in the middle of the area right outside the Lion King show. My daughter (3 at the time) just ran right into Mickey's arms, then straight over the Minnie, Donald, Chip and Dale, and Goofy - it was such an amazing moment - like commerical worthy. Also, as we walked to the Nemo show that morning, we were able to just walk right down to Pooh, Tigger and Eyeore! No line at all!!!

Point: get to the parks early and your kids (especially little kids) will have a much more magical experience!

Jenna

About the GAC for my younger sister (Disney are SO accommodating).

To arrive early, the crowds are practically non existent and whilst I quite enjoy the fact that Disney is usually crowded with people (I know, it's strange) it's nice to get in and get on a few rides with no wait time at all :)

Des4lee

Shopping

I always shop before I get to WDW. I buy t-shirts for everyone, they are so expensive in the parks, and I buy little gifts for the kids. I always find lots of disney items in my local dollar store. Every time the kids ask for things I pull out my bag of tricks and it saves me a ton of money!

TronAThon

You can get Dole Whip at Captain Cook's at the Poly. You pay at the counter and it's self serve!!! I've gone many a times, and also helped my self to seconds and no one said a thing!

Lotti08

Obviously have some meals in the parks as it adds to the experience but we usually head out of the parks around 1pm (when food places start to get busy) and go to Sizzler / Ponderosa for lunch. It's so cheap, offers such a great variety, is an all you can eat buffet and gives you such a nice break from the madness for a while - it really refreshes you and prepares you for the evening.

It saves a lot of money and is great value and super yummy!!

Lotti <3

graphite1326

The best tip: If you're at MK take the monorail to one of the hotels for lunch/dinner and just get away from the crowd for a bit. Easy to get to and usually reservations are quick. Also the hotels have quick meal places very fast and not crowded!:)

good tip, I'll try this one. Any recommendations?

Go to the parks first thing in the morning and then take a break in the middle of the day for lunch and swimming. Especially in Magic Kingdom go to the parts of the parks to the left, after getting a Space Mountain fast pass. The majority of the time you can walk right on rides like Splash Mountain and Pirates.

NowInc

First tip: Keep the cell phone in your pocket. Don't ruin your trip by constantly updating facebook or checking status's. Its not only for your benefit, but for those around you.

Second tip..On a more useful front..If you are in a larger group (id say more than 7 people)..its a great idea to "split up". Chances are in a large group, some people will want to do something others wont..and almost always causes someone to be unhappy.

Third tip..and an obvious one. Like fantasyland but hate the crowds? Plan around the parade and fireworks. Fantasyland (and the rest of the park really) is a LOT emptier at these times and you can easily fit in most rides if you time it right.

Weather_Lady

Many others have said it, but it bears repeating: Go to the parks early, leave when the crowds begin to build around lunchtime, go back to your resort and swim or take a nap, and then return to the parks in late afternoon when the crowds begin to die down again, fully refreshed. Repeat every day until the sad time when you have to go back to real life. ; )

ASM

quote="MKCP 1985, post: 4508618, member: 10780"]Fastpass - don't fret if you have a lunch reservation or are caught up in a ride queue during the hour of your return time. You can't return before the time printed, but you can almost always return later than the one hour window and your fastpass be honored.

I learned that one on these boards. :wave:[/quote]

No longer :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom