Is Godmother Of The Fantasy!!

ChuckElias

Apparently, it really is Mariah Carey. She has no connection to Disney that I know of, except that she's a regular for the Christmas Parade. :(

sweetpee_1993

Agreed. I think Mariah has reformed her image in the last couple of years but I'm not getting the tie in to Disney.

So has Brittany. She would've been a better, more obvious choice. I don't get the tie to Mariah either. Maybe it's all a big schmooze for something they want her to do. Geez, Mandy Moore would be better. Soooo many better choices. Ya know?

emcclay

Too bad Regis would not qualify for the title of "Godmother". He is so cute! That would make more sense because for the most part Live with Regis was on ABC. Oh well! :lol:

ChuckElias

There are very few times that I can recall DCL doing a second-rate job on a project. But this christening ceremony was a THIRD-rate job. It's unbelievable that it wasn't streamed, it's unbelievable that they chose Mariah Carey, it's unbelievable that DCL didn't even provide STILL PICTURES during the event. We had to wait for crappy pictures and updates on Twitter!

I would guess that the comments on the DCL Facebook page are running about 4-1 or 5-1 unfavorable on the event.

Poor job in every aspect, except apparently for the actual event onboard. Very sad, IMHO.

sweetpee_1993

There are very few times that I can recall DCL doing a second-rate job on a project. But this christening ceremony was a THIRD-rate job. It's unbelievable that it wasn't streamed, it's unbelievable that they chose Mariah Carey, it's unbelievable that DCL didn't even provide STILL PICTURES during the event. We had to wait for crappy pictures and updates on Twitter!

I would guess that the comments on the DCL Facebook page are running about 4-1 or 5-1 unfavorable on the event.

Poor job in every aspect, except apparently for the actual event onboard. Very sad, IMHO.

Agreed. It's especially crappy for people like me who don't Twitter or FB. Yes, we exist. Nothing chaps my.......... more than being left out because I don't tune-in with the whole social media world. Same thing from the corporate company that owns the Cabbage Patch Kids and handles the official collectors club (that I haven't renewed my membership to since 2009). It's just crumby to exclude fans of any sort by relying on 1 or 2 trendy social outlets. Not everyone is into that scene. ((& lemme tell ya, it's crap like this that makes me dig my heels in even further against FB & Twitter....:fork:))

GMRO

So...

Wow, you guys been hitting the “hater-ade” hard on this one!

Really that upset with Mariah? There are FAR WORSE choices!

Brittany – NO WAY
Christina – NO WAY

And actually I’m not all that impressed with Jennifer as the DREAM’s GM. Way too full of herself! All we see these days are her weight loss commercials. Big Deal!!!

Least they didn’t chose Whitney! Or have her slated for the GM then would have had to scramble to replace her in lieu of her passing. Can't say I'm at all surprised at that outcome. <snip>

I’m sure Disney was faced with a dilemma as to WHOM to choose. Stars fall in and out of rehab and grace all the time. I’da rather had Miley…to be honest. She’s been a Disney girl for a long time now.

That said, Mariah is not all that bad. I’ve seen the WDW Christmas Parade Special for a few years now and Nick C. and Mariah have been on it and IMO have done a great job representing. Plus they have 2 kids and they seem to be able to stay above board. GOOD LUCK TO HER!

BUT why can’t we have a God-Father?!!?!? Neil Patrick Harris would have been my choice. Why not! He’s talented, and what the heck…he is popular and a both a Broadway and movie star.

BTW, I was not the least put out that only feeds were Face Page and Twitter. I’ve got neither of those accounts/services and my day/life was not affected in the least with ME being LEFT out of this monumental even.

REALLY! This has been enjoyable with my first cup of Joe this AM. ;)

Anyway, enjoy the day fellow DCL folks! Try not to be too upset...

sweetpee_1993

I dunno if I'd call Mariah okay over the others. Still comes off as the definition of sloppy seconds to me married with twins or not. And come on, who could think more highly of her than herself? Queen Diva all the way. The burning question is why? What's her tie-in with Disney other than 2 parade performances? Good point on how celebs fall in and out of "exhaustion", break-downs, rehab, & controversy. All the more reason *not* to choose one of them. Fictional characters or a Disney family member not in the public eye would be much safer. Yes?

Just disappointing to a very high degree. We're each entitled to our opinions & feelings. It's all good.

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom