Snow White to Close Thursday, May 31

jjharvpro

Even though I really do wish they would replace it with another ride (and I actually really do love SWSA!), I'm just glad that they've put an official date out and that we finally have more news on it. New Fantasyland is approaching!!

HM GhostHostess

I know I'm probably going to be ridiculed for this, but I started to cry a little bit when I found out that it now has a set closing date. I've known for the past two years that this was going to happen eventually. I even rode Snow White's Scary Adventures 15 times during my past trip in January because I knew of its eventual demise.

However, the impact still hit me pretty hard. I have a really soft spot for classic attractions, especially dark rides, and to see this ride have the same fate as attractions such as Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and the World of Motion, it breaks my heart. It's even worse because it is being replaced by another stinkin' meet and greet. :cry:

captainkidd

I know I'm probably going to be ridiculed for this, but I started to cry a little bit when I found out that it now has a set closing date. I've known for the past two years that this was going to happen eventually. I even rode Snow White's Scary Adventures 15 times during my past trip in January because I knew of its eventual demise.

However, the impact still hit me pretty hard. I have a really soft spot for classic attractions, especially dark rides, and to see this ride have the same fate as attractions such as Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and the World of Motion, it breaks my heart. It's even worse because it is being replaced by another stinkin' meet and greet. :cry:

Won't get ridiculed by me. I agree 100%. I think this is heartbreaking.

righttrack

The classic dark rides are what gives Disney the 6-60 (and way beyond that) appeal. Now Snow White's Scary Adventures never had that appeal at the younger end of the range. Face it, it scares the crap out of some kids, mine included. Still, the character of the parks change significantly by removing rides like this, and replacing them with more thrilling rides. On the other hand, Disney faces stiff competition in Orlando, and needs to provide a little more thrills. Today's kids are used to life and entertainment at a much faster pace.

The Disney as a "museum" comment I understand completely. It must move forward. Walt would not have kept it like a museum, IMO. He probably would have moved it 10 times further and faster than is being done currently. He was leading edge. Ahead of his time, a real innovator. But the appeal of the parks to all ages, was his masterwork, so it is tempered with that. Invent a new class of attraction that is leading edge, that appeals to all ages and can safely be ridden even by pregnant women. I think they have made great strides in this area and that focus should continue as it is the spirit of the parks.

JustInTime

Wow. This is really sad. But I am glad it get to rid it again in a week and a half. And glad something replacing it (mine train) will at least be better.

UPbeekeeper

I have a really soft spot for classic attractions, especially dark rides, and to see this ride have the same fate as attractions such as Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and the World of Motion, it breaks my heart. It's even worse because it is being replaced by another stinkin' meet and greet. :cry:

I couldn't agree with you more. I love the classic attractions and I am always sad to see them go.

Lokheed

My son is going to be very, very sad. He doesn't go on the ride nearly as much as he used to, but he will definitely miss it. His current ride count is 3,315. I am sure we will be in the park that night to say goodbye to the ride.

Mad Stitch

Then they should stop doing so many new ones. They're not needed. I don't care how popular they are, I never see as many people in line for them as I do for Peter Pan.

Seriously? Closing attractions regardless of popularity has lead to the removal of JII, Adventures Club, … Be careful what you wish for.

dopeylove

No ridicule by me! I'm really saddened by this because I have a child with autism who just adores this ride. I know there are others on this forum that will feel the same. For our children, the new ride is not the same thing and many won't be able to comprehend the fact that the Snow White ride is no longer there. I have no idea how my son will react, but I hope we will be able to make him understand somehow...this really saddens me.

dopeylove

My son is going to be very, very sad. He doesn't go on the ride nearly as much as he used to, but he will definitely miss it. His current ride count is 3,315. I am sure we will be in the park that night to say goodbye to the ride.

I feel your pain. My son has autism and just LOVES this ride. Don't know how he'll do...

gaga4disney

I know it is an old and not so popular ride but i am a little disappointed in disney. This is a classic ride. it's rides like these that give WDW (magic kingdom) that "disney" feeling. To me, when we go on these rides i feel the connection the reason i want to keep going back as many times as possible. They should have planned this better. Perhaps a major refurb of the ride to make it more appealing than a complete shut down.

PolynesianPrincess

Do we know what will be going in Town Square Theater once the Princess M&G has moved to where SWSA is now? I don't see why they couldn't just keep the Princesses there and open another dark ride where SWSA is.... I'm sure TDO has good reasoning for their move but it just seems like Fantasyland needs all the rides it can get IMO

Mad Stitch

I didn't say I agree with it. Just the opposite. It's stupid. How long has the Adventurer's Club been sitting empty for?

You said you didn’t care how popular M&G were; don’t build any more of them. Well TDO didn’t care about the popularity of the Adventures Club and closed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom