Disney at Walmart

ToTBellHop

I can't tell you how many times I've said to my wife, "I wish Disney had a closer relationship with Wal*Mart."

Dreams do come true.

njDizFan

Original Poster
Yes, where else can you get a gallon of milk, $7 jeans, your diabetes prescription, and a picture with Mickey all in one place.

DisneyFan 2000

It's like the company doesn't want it to be too big an effort to crack a joke at their situation so they're just helping us along with the process! :lol:

Tom Morrow

DisneyParks - now officially Walmarted

heh. This isn't really a big deal though, we're only really making a joke out of it because its at Walmart.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Walmart already sells other Disney branded products this isn't much different. Note that the article says "virtual Disney Character" which means they are probably taking a picture against a green screen and pasting it in with one of the characters.

wilkeliza

A lot of people shop at Wal-Mart so this is just another Disney attempt to combat the stigma that "Disney is too expensive". There will only be signs saying what to do to unlock the magic and no green screen or anything like that. Right now you can only use the memories app at Times Square when outside a Disney Park so Wal-Mart was probably the first place they thought of for non-disney places because people (mother's in particular) shop at Wal-Mart and it is easy affordable advertisement.

wdwmomof3

Not impressed because I prefer to have the pictures made live at WDW, but it's a cute idea for those with children who love the characters and who are not going to Disney. Whats wrong with spreading a little magic?:shrug:

the-reason14

Not impressed because I prefer to have the pictures made live at WDW, but it's a cute idea for those with children who love the characters and who are not going to Disney. Whats wrong with spreading a little magic?:shrug:

I think it's the fact that it's at walmart lol. Select malls around the U.S. or select Disney stores around the U.S. but walmart!?

danstadnik

What a shame. Yet more evidence of the "Disneying" of Wal*Mart. :rolleyes:

Thread winner is right above, IMHO...
Coincidentally, I was JUST at Walmart, and I saw this. Its really nothing at all, just a mobile device scan thing. Its on a cardboard display of DVD's, video games, stuffed animals, and some Disney cups and such. NOTHING to get too bent out of shape about.

Tigger1988

Its really nothing at all, just a mobile device scan thing. Its on a cardboard display of DVD's, video games, stuffed animals, and some Disney cups and such. NOTHING to get too bent out of shape about.

Won't stop people here from about it. I saw it too, if you weren't looking for it you'd walk right past the display.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom