Food Rocks AA costumes for sale

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Well, I just found a link on Ebay that the pineapple costume from EPCOT's, Food Rocks is currently being sold for $999.95. I'll have no idea why anybody wants to pay a thousand bucks for this, i'd prefer the AA. They're also selling the fish costume that was in Food Rocks for $399.99as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-EPCOT-Food-Rocks-Pineapple-Animatronic-Costume-/140573390143

It's kind of weird that they're selling costumes for these AA's.. I mean, what the heck are you gonna use them for? The only thing I can think of is probably display.. :shrug:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Hmm. Guess this isn't a big deal. :zipit:

-WondersOfLife

Mike730

Hmm. Guess this isn't a big deal.

Guess not... 'Tis a great find tho. I wish Disney would take parts of old attractions and make their own "yesterland" attraction. They could at least auction them off formally and donate the money to some charity or something.

Flight Safety

Ive seen tons of old props and costumes for sale on eBay in the past. Anywhere from the Horizons ride vehicles to TOT bellhop costumes. Some people just have connections to some things, even like Food Rocks! props.

EDIT: After clicking on the link and seeing the seller, its the same seller I've seen selling similar items in the past. And they have a ton of other cool stuff for sale.

IWant2GoNow

I miss Food Rocks so much. This is a very cool find but I'm like you, who wants to pay that kind of money for just a costume for an AA? I don't even know if I would buy it if I was rich.

Ehh... maybe then... :drevil:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I miss Food Rocks so much. This is a very cool find but I'm like you, who wants to pay that kind of money for just a costume for an AA? I don't even know if I would buy it if I was rich.

Ehh... maybe then... :drevil:

Yea. Food Rocks was one of my favorites! And it could've been so much better with a different AA design too.

-WondersOfLife

Cmdr_Crimson

I do miss the show..They still have them..I remember seeing a few photo's during an event that had shown a few..I have also seen this set as well of Pita Gabriel & The Refrigerator Police..What we do know is that the stage still exsists behind the wall in the Soarin Queue.
mousesurplus_food_rocks.jpg

IWant2GoNow

I do miss the show..They still have them..I remember seeing a few photo's during an event that had shown a few..I have also seen this set as well of Pita Gabriel & The Refrigerator Police..What we do know is that the stage still exsists behind the wall in the Soarin Queue.

Thanks for the pic! Man I miss The Peach Boys... :cry: :lol:

pumpkin7

i never saw food rocks, or kitchen cabaret, but for some reason i imagined the animatronics to be quite small, when in fact they are huge! no wonder they have all those empty pavilions around epcot... to store old AAs! lol.
sad to see them like that, as always.

but the milk 'man' looks well weird.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
i never saw food rocks, or kitchen cabaret, but for some reason i imagined the animatronics to be quite small, when in fact they are huge! no wonder they have all those empty pavilions around epcot... to store old AAs! lol.
sad to see them like that, as always.

but the milk 'man' looks well weird.

Kitchen Kabaret and Food Rocks were probably by far the most creative Imagineering that's been done in a long while. Even if Food Rocks looked cheesy, you have to admit nobody could've done it the way Disney did it to make the characters look 2D :)

Y'know imagineering at it's best has been in the AA shows. Cranium Command, American Adventure, Food Rocks, Kitchen Kabaret, Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Carousel of Progress, Mickey Mouse Revue... Yet we're losing them. :shrug:

Now... we have a big simulator that probably should've just gone in WoL

-WondersOfLife

pumpkin7

Kitchen Kabaret and Food Rocks were probably by far the most creative Imagineering that's been done in a long while. Even if Food Rocks looked cheesy, you have to admit nobody could've done it the way Disney did it to make the characters look 2D :)

Y'know imagineering at it's best has been in the AA shows. Cranium Command, American Adventure, Food Rocks, Kitchen Kabaret, Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Carousel of Progress, Mickey Mouse Revue... Yet we're losing them. :shrug:

Now... we have a big simulator that probably should've just gone in WoL

-WondersOfLife

'borin' ' as my husband likes to call it. lol.
i suppose the problem is people aren't in awe over animatronics like they used to be. i still love watching them and am gutted that they are slowly dissappearing from the parks, just becuase they take a little more time and effort to keep running.
i never saw cranium command either, but it looked like fun (in the youtube videos) and looks like something that they could re open if they wanted to, and that only had one AA!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
'borin' ' as my husband likes to call it. lol.
i suppose the problem is people aren't in awe over animatronics like they used to be. i still love watching them and am gutted that they are slowly dissappearing from the parks, just becuase they take a little more time and effort to keep running.
i never saw cranium command either, but it looked like fun (in the youtube videos) and looks like something that they could re open if they wanted to, and that only had one AA!

Actually two. Buzzy & the hypothalamus :animwink:

But I liked how they had a mixture of screens and could still use the AA. It was still considered a AA show... I guess because they couldn't find anything else to call it haha

-WondersOfLife

pumpkin7

Actually two. Buzzy & the hypothalamus :animwink:

But I liked how they had a mixture of screens and could still use the AA. It was still considered a AA show... I guess because they couldn't find anything else to call it haha

-WondersOfLife

oh yeah? cool. i'll have to watch the videos again cuz i must have missed him.

i wonder if anyone will buy that costume for $1k? it's a bit useless without the animatronic though isn't it? oh well,...

Cmdr_Crimson

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
oo look they're selling the cher costume too:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-RARE...963?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb7ab6a1b

edit... just noticed you put that in the OP lol i love mouse surplus.

oh oh but they also have the cottage cheese outfit,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-EPCO...260?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bab3fc9c

Y'know, I never took the notice that these 2D AA's had 2D costumes :lol:

"When it comes to cheese, keep it low fat please.
Try a yogurt freeze, trust your health to these
we'll be part of you."

Sorry it was playing in my head...:lol:

The directional sign is also up for bids..http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOOD-ROCKS-...ultDomain_0&hash=item1e6a4396c4#ht_500wt_1287

Favorite part! Might be my new signature :D

-WondersOfLife

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom