As of today (Jan 7th): No more paint brush hunt on Tom Sawyer's Island

puntagordabob

Declining by degrees...
:brick:

They never learn...it's the little things that make the difference.

Hard to argue on this.... the paintbrushes are what 50 cents for big generic ones? 1.00 for a can of white spray paint? Probably took five minutes for a CM to run around hiding them?

While we never looked for the brushes it is still making me quite Disappointed that something so inexpensive and yet so much fun for so many families would be axed....

KevinYee

As the coiner of the term Declining by Degrees (in the Disney context), I have to agree.

It's a tiny little thing, and most don't notice it (or notice it consciously), but it's the combination of thousands of these little things that make the Disney Difference. Without just one, it's still a great experience. But if you remove enough of them.... yeah, you create an opening for the competition to look better than you.

My family is a late-afternoon type of family, so we've never done this. And now we never will, apparently. I'm sad for those families who have or who were looking forward to doing this.

backinaction

I hate how everyone is like "well i've never been to TSI or looked for the brush, but I cant believe they are taking it out! How dare Disney take it out!" Maybe they took it out because no one even knew about it. I usually go down to the world 3-4 times a year and we go to TSI once a year and we have never even heard about this before. Everyone is all upset over some paint brushes. Can we all get back to complaining about the normal stuff now? Like LOW and Sounds Dangerous? Gut the Island already...who cares its the most boring part of the park!

BrittanyRose428

I hate how everyone is like "well i've never been to TSI or looked for the brush, but I cant believe they are taking it out! How dare Disney take it out!" Maybe they took it out because no one even knew about it. I usually go down to the world 3-4 times a year and we go to TSI once a year and we have never even heard about this before. Everyone is all upset over some paint brushes. Can we all get back to complaining about the normal stuff now? Like LOW and Sounds Dangerous? Gut the Island already...who cares its the most boring part of the park!
I've never been to the island before because I usually go with my grandparents, and I'm not going to make them do extra walking all over the island. I've known about the paint brushes since I was like 10, and a lot of people on this board clearly know about them too. Even if people didn't know about them, it wouldn't hurt them to leave them around with no one finding them. If no one knew about them it wouldn't make a difference if they were hidden on the island or in storage somewhere. Its already been confirmed that Sounds Dangerous is going, so everyone is probably done complaining about that. This is something normal, because like others have said, its the little things that make the Magic Kingdom special. Not saying they're never going to "gut the island", because I don't know what they'll do with it in the future, but its kind of a classic part of the Magic Kingdom, based on a classic American novel...

trr1

Well, there is all the proof you need folks... THE ADVENTURER'S CLUB is coming back.. Wait, wrong thread.. Sorry..

Anyway, why would they stop the paint brush hunt??? Surely paint brushes were of minimal cost to TDO.... ahh, maybe they are equipping the paint brushes with NextGen technology and you can only use your smart phone to participate.. Wave of the future!!! (kidding here folks)...

it cost too much to run (cm wages,fast pass,ect. ect)

zooey

Boring is subjective.
Some might find it the most removed and relaxing part of the park.
Walt himself designed Tom Sawyer's Island in Disneyland, and the MK version keeps that legacy more than DL's does.
I was never able to go find a paintbrush, but I knew about it because I heard it from someone else who heard it from someone else. It was not marketed. It didn't have a neon sign. That is exactly what made it a HIDDEN gem. Those types of "secrets" are what add variety, mystique, sense of exploration, and plain old fun to the park. It's not all about E-tickets and waffle sandwiches. It's the LITTLE things, and this is a very little thing that doesn't cost any money and it is now removed for no reason other than laziness. Yeah, I have a problem with that and it's just as valid a complaint as any other.

zooey

it cost too much to run (cm wages,fast pass,ect. ect)

BS...how is it just NOW costing them too much? That's what I don't understand. It isn't new. They've been doing it for years. The only way it's costing too much is because they're penny pinching and said, "Meh, this can go." Disney used to make concessions in profit optimization if it was for guest experience. This is no longer the case.

trr1

BS...how is it just NOW costing them too much? That's what I don't understand. It isn't new. They've been doing it for years. The only way it's costing too much is because they're penny pinching and said, "Meh, this can go." Disney used to make concessions in profit optimization if it was for guest experience. This is no longer the case.

it was a joke:wave:

CountryBearFan

To those of you complaining about the loss of the brushes... Write letters and go to Guest Relations to tell them how you feel!

Ranting and whining on a forum like this never works and does not help!

BrittanyRose428

To those of you complaining about the loss of the brushes... Write letters and go to Guest Relations to tell them how you feel!

DISCUSSION forums are for discussing opinions, I'm sure people will write to Guest Relations, but we can still discuss what we think about it here.

zooey

it was a joke:wave:

:ROFLOL:
I figured. I wasn't calling BS on you, just the idea that it cost too much. I'm guessing that some manager didn't like the CM process of going to hide the paintbrushes. I've watched them do it, and they have to get a raft going and cross over and then go hide them all before the park opens.

zooey

DISCUSSION forums are for discussing opinions, I'm sure people will write to Guest Relations, but we can still discuss what we think about it here.

Exactly. I write letters. This is more or less therapy.
A community of people interested in the same thing is just good for the soul :ROFLOL: kind of. :lookaroun

Seriously though, this stuff does get back to TDO. You never know what kind of influence we might have, even in a minimal way.

BrittanyRose428

Exactly. I write letters. This is more or less therapy.
A community of people interested in the same thing is just good for the soul :ROFLOL: kind of. :lookaroun

Seriously though, this stuff does get back to TDO. You never know what kind of influence we might have, even in a minimal way.
Very true, you never know who is reading what you post online. If they really wanted to know how people felt this would be the place to go, because I'm sure most people are more polite about it in letters than they are here. :lol:

Scuttle

I just spoke to the Tom Sawyers cast member and she told me that it is because of Thunder going down and that they WILL start doing it again in May. I asked her twice to make sure there was no confusion.

asianway

I just spoke to the Tom Sawyers cast member and she told me that it is because of Thunder going down and that they WILL start doing it again in May. I asked her twice to make sure there was no confusion.

Hope so because I could picture some idiot MBA getting a $10,000 raise for saving $300 on paintbrushes

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
In YOUR opinion.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

The sky is falling!

Disney-Chicken-Little.jpg

disney fan 13

What does thunder going down have to dO with the brushes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom