As of today (Jan 7th): No more paint brush hunt on Tom Sawyer's Island

JimboJones123

Original Poster
MODERATOR EDIT: ACCORDING TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE ASKED (SEE FURTHER IN THE THREAD) THIS IS A TEMPORARY CHANGE DURING THE BIG THUNDER REFURBISHMENT. THE PAINTBRUSH SEARCH SHOULD CONTINUE AGAIN IN MAY.

(OP update: Thanks for more clarification. All CMs I talked to said it was done. Glad to hear new marching orders today.)

We took the second raft out this morning and the CMs were very sadness to tell us that TSI is no longer doing the paint brush hunt. Friday Jan 6th was the last time.

We made a special run to get out there as quick as possible this morning too sharp

Dang shame. We were not the only ones disappointed. We heard 3 other families ask the same thing and saw a few from the first raft hunting as well. A CM actually stopped another family that was intensely searching also.

Apparently the demand was still very fresh.....

Captain Chaos

Well, there is all the proof you need folks... THE ADVENTURER'S CLUB is coming back.. Wait, wrong thread.. Sorry..

Anyway, why would they stop the paint brush hunt??? Surely paint brushes were of minimal cost to TDO.... ahh, maybe they are equipping the paint brushes with NextGen technology and you can only use your smart phone to participate.. Wave of the future!!! (kidding here folks)...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well, there is all the proof you need folks... THE ADVENTURER'S CLUB is coming back.. Wait, wrong thread.. Sorry..

Anyway, why would they stop the paint brush hunt??? Surely paint brushes were of minimal cost to TDO.... ahh, maybe they are equipping the paint brushes with NextGen technology and you can only use your smart phone to participate.. Wave of the future!!! (kidding here folks)...

Probably ran afoul of some EPA law.

Lee

Adventurer
Declining by degrees...
:brick:

They never learn...it's the little things that make the difference.

The Empress Lilly

Give us back the paintbrush hunt, you miserable bunch. :hammer:

maybe this is a way to slowly wean people from going to TSI to turn the area into a raft ride :lookaroun
You'd be surprised!

There have been instances before where rides were quite deliberately made as unattractive to guests as possible, just to push through a different project. People's positions can become tied to a project. Then there is jealousy, ambition, pettyness. I wonder if this is at all connected to the 'leak' about the plans for a TSI overhaul.

disney fan 13

Give us back the paintbrush hunt, you miserable bunch. :hammer:

You'd be surprised!

There have been instances before where rides were quite deliberately made as unattractive to guests as possible, just to push through a different project. People's positions can become tied to a project. Then there is jealousy, ambition, pettyness. I wonder if this is at all connected to the 'leak' about the plans for a TSI overhaul.

then all the gun's in the fort will break and not be fixed.... oh wait never mind:lookaroun

zooey

Declining by degrees is right. Prime example of the term. I've never gone to TSI to do this, but you know what? It was always something there that I COULD do if I wanted. It was fun to tell people that they did this special little thing in this ONE place in the Magic Kingdom. Those specific things are special and do so much for the mystique and fun of the park. But now the tradition is over because some manager felt it wasted time for CMs to cross the river in the morning (or some other dumb excuse). Might seem trivial to some, but it's a pretty sad example of a larger problem.

jlevis

I'm not one to jump on the "sky is falling" band wagon but this doesn't make any sense. Like another said, we've never gone to TSI but it was something that we kept in our "we have to do this" bag. What's next get rid of the hidden Mickeys? It really is the little things that make Disne Disney.

Disney must be doing something with TSI that they don't want us to know. i mean why would they stop something that was very fun and no one really knew about it... maybe the rumors are true?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Maybe paintbrushes are considered outdated technology and are going to be stored under tarps outside the Epcot parking lot with other outdated technology like The Lights of Winter?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom