Latest construction site photos (Jan 3 2012)

UberMouse

I am booking my trip for early May later today. I can't wait to see all of these changes in person. It has been nearly a year and a half since my last trip to Disney do to my wife's pregnancy. Far far to long.

Thanks for the great photos!

jt04

Just keeps getting better. And the new tents seem to be of the quality they should have been from day 1.

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Kinda sad that these could be the last from the original dumbo location :( Everything is looking great though! Ans I can not wait to see it all in person in a few months!

Murphketeer

maybe out the window of Cinderella's Royal Table for a perspective similar to this? :D

That's a possibility, but can you really get to that window without having a seat?

Looking good :)

Any word if the goofy coaster is going to open with dumbo?

I would think so, since the coaster was a working ride and isn't changing mechanically. Really all they are doing to it is cosmetic theme updates.

djkidkaz

Am I the only one bothered by the color of Erics Castle? In the artwork its more white and stands out much more prominently. The current color blends in too much with the rock work.

Scuttle

Am I the only one bothered by the color of Erics Castle? In the artwork its more white and stands out much more prominently. The current color blends in too much with the rock work.

That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is I don't really see where the waterfalls are going to go that are on the concept art.

jjharvpro

That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is I don't really see where the waterfalls are going to go that are on the concept art.

I know what you mean -- b/c water is supposed to be very prominent. Chris Beatty said that water would come from Beast's Castle down under the bridge to Mine Train, then LM would have it's own different feel. The forest-y feel and water are key components.

Captain Chaos

Well, they aren't done with it yet so maybe it will still be painted... If not, I am not bothered by it...

Mike730

They are still painting a good portion of it so maybe they still have more detail to cover? It doesn't bother me too much, but I agree that the other color scheme seems better.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

One thing to note was that the photos were taken late in the afternoon with a very low orange sun. It does make the scene slightly more orange than normal.

Nemofinder

I doubt Eric's castle has its final paintjob, I think there will be more detail work at the least which would help it stand out from the rock work. Everything looks great. Super excited

jrlang1

But in the movie isn't it a white stucco

White would not come out as well in amature photos. It would get bleed out in bright sunlight and it woiuld be hard to have a lot of detail. White would look better if you were looking down at it so there was a darker backdrop

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom