Cast Member Costume Pics

Timekeeper

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party front gate attendants

P01-0004.JPG

Clever Name

Nope not at all, I am guessing that you are part of the Disney community that feels that you "own" Disney because you have an AP/D23 membership/a few shares of stocks....well as a CM I can say you might feel that way but you are wrong! CM's are not on display for you! If you walk up to a CM and ask them to take a picture of them that is fine but really posting pictures of people doing their jobs just because you think the costume is cool NOT SO MUCH! People have rights and as someone that has been on the other end of the camera I think that posting pictures of me while I am doing a job is creepy!

I understand the costumes are cool, but ASK the cast member if they mind you taking a picture of them. The first 2 pictures that have been posted have been "I am snapping a picture while you are not looking" and to me are just rude...but that is ok you feel that CM's should not have a right because they work for Disney. GOT IT!

They most certainly are on display for the guests. They are called cast members because they are part of the show. A cast member that does not desire to have his photograph taken is in the wrong line of work.

P.S. You have no "right" not to have your picture taken in a place such as WDW. :wave:

Timekeeper

They most certainly are on display for the guests. They are called cast members because they are part of the show. A cast member that does not desire to have his photograph taken is in the wrong line of work.

P.S. You have no "right" not to have your picture taken in a place such as WDW. :wave:

That's correct. That's why there are full body mirrors for cast members to make adjustments to their appearance before setting foot "on stage." That's also why most cast members don't wear "uniforms" or follow a generic dress code like the rest of us, but instead wear costumes. :)

Scuttle

Nope not at all, I am guessing that you are part of the Disney community that feels that you "own" Disney because you have an AP/D23 membership/a few shares of stocks....well as a CM I can say you might feel that way but you are wrong! CM's are not on display for you! If you walk up to a CM and ask them to take a picture of them that is fine but really posting pictures of people doing their jobs just because you think the costume is cool NOT SO MUCH! People have rights and as someone that has been on the other end of the camera I think that posting pictures of me while I am doing a job is creepy!

I understand the costumes are cool, but ASK the cast member if they mind you taking a picture of them. The first 2 pictures that have been posted have been "I am snapping a picture while you are not looking" and to me are just rude...but that is ok you feel that CM's should not have a right because they work for Disney. GOT IT!

Really

disneydiva72

My husband and I joke around about how many pics were are in of strangers. I have been the annoying person who accidently walks into the frame just as the flash goes off COUNTLESS times. I am sure there are pics around of me picking a wedge, fixing a bra strap, disciplining my child, I am sure there are families looking through their old photos saying....omg remember THIS lady? :ROFLOL:

You can not be camera shy and work at WDW.

All the world is a stage....

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Sorry, but CM's are constantly "on-stage", and people WILL take pictures of them in whatever situation, posing for a picture or not.

As a former CM I understand it as being part of that role.

TP2000

All you need is an Indy Hat and your a CM At the Forbidden Temple at DL.

Ha, ha! Almost.

But here's the Indiana Jones Adventure uniform for the Disneyland ride, versus the "Magic Kingdom Coordinator" uniform.

2008-0410-indy-height-demo1.jpg
386914_10150981434595621_878025620_21875238_1917923574_n.jpg

The boys at Indiana Jones wear khaki pants with cargo pockets on the pantsleg, a brown belt, a light khaki shirt with big cargo chest pockets, and the classic Indy fedora hat. The girls wear dark brown culottes with a brown belt, a light khaki shirt with a dark brown scarf, brown spats over their shoes, and the classic Indy fedora. There's a khaki jacket they also wear in cooler weather with big cargo pockets that matches the boys pants, and in cold winter weather they wear a heavy wool coat that is light brown with a dark brown collar and trim.

It's a lot of khaki brown in several shades, but overall it's a pretty sharp looking uniform. The CM's in the Tokyo DisneySea version of Indiana Jones Adventure wear an identical uniform as the Disneyland CM's.

Out of curiosity, what is a "Magic Kingdom Coordinator"? Why are they riding the 1900's railroad in very casual 21st century clothes, and what exactly are they coordinating in the Magic Kingdom? :veryconfu

Captain Hank

TP2000;4840515Out of curiosity said:
Magic Kingdom Coordinator[/B]"? Why are they riding the 1900's railroad in very casual 21st century clothes, and what exactly are they coordinating in the Magic Kingdom? :veryconfu
Coordinators are the level between front-line hosts and managers. They are in charge of the actual operation of the attractions. It's very similar to a position previously known as "lead." Coordinators in the Magic Kingdom have a standard costume (shown) across all of the lands. Their job can require the flexibility to cross multiple lands, so they share a rather subdued costume that blends in fairly well. Epcot has separate coordinator costumes for Future World and World Showcase (blue shirt with purple SSE logo and the WS flag shirt), DHS has a single one (white oxford shirt and khakis) and DAK has one for most of the park (dark green shirt and khakis), except for Africa which wears a white shirt.

pintraderpayee

Please, someone post a pic of the Pecos Bill's costume. DD starts the CP in Feb. in quick food service (her first choice of roles :shrug:). We have been torturing her by telling her that with her southern accent, she is headed straight to Pecos Bill's! Actually, we love Pecos Bill's especially the fixin's bar:slurp: and the air conditioning!

DTM93

I wish mine was as exciting as some of the ones at WDW. With me as I'm just a CM in a Disney Store in the UK so mine is just a red shirt lol. :(
The new Imagination store uniforms are nice however.

coilback

Guests ask me for photos all the time...The costumes are usually intricately done, and that's why the guest wants the photo. Nobody makes a costume like Disney...Not very creepy at all...

I do although think it should be a rule to make sure these Cast Members were asked for the photo, rather then without their consent

I can't count how many photos I'm probably in from when I was working Operations at Epic. It's not creepy at all for people to take pics of CMs, at least not any of the areas I was in. I even had someone take a pic of me in my Disney Fireworks T-shirt (probably the lamest "costume" - it's literally a t-shirt) when I was on the Wishes crew and working as a spotter by the Carousel.

coilback

Okay, I'll share some of the hideous ones that I wore and maybe embarrass a friend or two...

First, this is the Epic costume at DHS. Epic consisted of working the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Sounds Dangerous and part of the parade route. A few others at DHS also wear this costume (i.e. Fantasmic). This particular shot is of me working the "Page" position at Sounds Dangerous (I did Epic Operations for my CP)...

ABC-007.jpg

Second, probably one of the worst outfits I've ever worn...this is the special events outfit for DHS. This particular time was for the Cheerleader Nationals that were being held in the Epic theater. Needless to say, I don't wish that on any one. Cheerleader moms can be craaaaazy (inside "scoop" - this was taken in the tiny Epic breakroom)...

EpicSpecial.jpg

Third, this was my position when I went full time, this is the Entertainment Tech costume. It's pretty universal with a few exceptions at certain areas, but I worked at MK. When I went to the Wishes crew, you wear a white "Disney Fireworks" T-shirt which looks pretty lame - I never got a shot of myself in it...

tech-001a.jpg

Forth - she would kill me if she knew I posted this...this was a friend of mine during my CP, this is the Tower of Terror gift shop costume...

TowerTerrorMerch.jpg

And lastly for those who want to see something more actor related, here's a few shots I have of some of the Indy cast...

IndyMarion.jpg

German.jpg

So there's some pics for you...sigh, I look weird without my facial hair, heh.

Jeni McCabe

I realize this is a very old thread but I still felt compelled to respond. First of all, I think this is a cool idea. As a former Walt Disney World cast member, I can personally attest to the time, energy, and care that is put into every aspect of Disney, not the least of all being the costumes! A piece of trash tossed on the ground will be picked up within 30-60 SECONDS, yes, seconds. Stand ANYWHERE in Magic Kingdom and look around, you won't be able to see anything outside of the park. Cast members (never called "employees") only use 2 fingers together or an open palm when directing a park guest (never a "customer") somewhere and you'll NEVER, NEVER see Mickey running around with his head in his hands. A lot of time and care goes in to making certain that your Disney vacation is magical, no matter your age, and NOBODY does that better than Disney. Anyone that has an issue having their picture taken and it being posted online shouldn't work at Disney...GET OVER IT AND YOURSELF ! I had my picture taken a zillion times when I worked there, that's part of the job and it contributes to the guests positive experience.
Idk if it's still like this or not, but the name tags that CM's wore had our home town/state on them, as well as our name and guests would always look for CM's that were from the same place. I am from Massachusetts and I met at least 1 person every day that was too.... And some I took pictures with Most CM's are like me; we WANT to talk to the guests, we WANT to take pictures and we WANT to do our part to make your vacation a fun, happy, relaxing reprieve from the responsibilities of everyday life; Not for guests to worry about some underpaid CM with an inflated sense of self, getting their panties in a twist because someone posted a picture of them online! ?!! I can't believe I'm even having to argue this point! The pay absolutely sucks at Disney, you start out at minimum wage for crying out loud, so we're obviously not working there for the paycheck! I loved going to all the parks (for free) on my days off, I loved being around people that were genuinely happy to be there (the guests, not the CM's I mean ) and I truly enjoyed doing what I could to make guests happy. If I didn't care about that, I would have worked at Taco Bell..... So, to those CM's that have issues with their pictures being posted in costume, well, perhaps you should try Taco Bell. And maybe someday, (when hell freezes over) when you are making 6 figures or more, well, maybe then you can complain about stupid like this... Maybe. I'm keeping it 100 right now so take this to heart: get over yourself!
* Side note, I wish I had just ONE of those pictures I posted for! I worked at the Emporium in 2000-01 and I don't have a single picture of myself in costume, not one

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom