World Showcase Transportation

mikeymouse

Original Poster
Anyone have a video of the Omnibuses that used to travel the promenade of the World Showcase? I thought these things were soooo cool back in the day, but my parents always wanted to walk instead of waiting for the next bus. For those who are too young to know, there used to be several buses in the colors of blue, green, yellow, and red. (Don't quote me on any of this. This is just what I'm pulling from my 30 year old memory.) Each bus had a horn which sounded like the ooogah types and it also had a warning bell like an old fire alarm. There were 4 stops and the queues were between the promenade and the lagoon mixed in among planters. Stops were between Mexico and China (where Norway currently sits), between Italy and The American Adventure, at the United Kingdom, and between Canada and World Showcase Plaza. The omnibuses were eventually removed and then a few were brought back out for character use. Any more info, photos, and especially video would be greatly appreciated! :)

Timekeeper

Finding videos of these is going to be tricky because this was obviously back when video was analog (VHS shoulder cameras), and most people haven't transferred all of their VHS tapes to computer video files. So, we're gonna have to find people that both transferred their tapes to computer and posted them online, which narrows the field :cry:

epcot-omnibus.jpg

65e0f630.jpg

image_worldshowcasebus1.jpg

wstransportation_redbus1983ww.jpg

wstransportation_greenbus1983ww.jpg

travel-time-at-disney-world-bus.jpg

bgraham34

I actually never knew they had those. Its actually a good thing there are no longer there. I would hate to move out of the way when it gets really busy on some of those narrow spots.

Cmdr_Crimson

From The Muppets At Walt Disney World. Dr Teeth & The Electric Mayhem ride it at the beginning of this video.
[youtube]qZoADWTF3UE[/youtube]

Monorail Lime

I actually never knew they had those. Its actually a good thing there are no longer there. I would hate to move out of the way when it gets really busy on some of those narrow spots.

World Showcase was more easily navigable before the fairly recent build-out of shopping and dining kiosks into the promenade. Also, the buses were very slow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom