Rumors of classic attractions being closed?

redshoesrock

I like the new version but I love the old version. I really don't see what the Dreamfinder was taken out. I know that there was a different sponsor and all but did that sponsor own the Dreamfinder and the layout of the attraction?

It was mostly about getting rid of the many Animatronics that were in the original ride. Disney wanted a simpler show that didn't cost as much to repair and fix when the Animatronics would break down.

G00fyDad

It was mostly about getting rid of the many Animatronics that were in the original ride. Disney wanted a simpler show that didn't cost as much to repair and fix when the Animatronics would break down.

That is dumb. (I mean on Disney's part. :) ) The Audioanimatronics were Walt Disney's bread and butter. When it came to the parks it was one of the greatest things he was known for. Why dial it down like that even if it was for money reasons? I wish they would go back to the original for that attraction.

TropicalFig8

I agree that Sounds Dangerous should go but the rest of the attractions should be updated.

Journey into Imagination 4.0 would wonderful too.

G00fyDad

You're right. There is nothing wrong with CBJ that a little hip hop music, gangsta' rap and some break dancing wouldn't fix. :wave:

When they come out with these in the Country Bears Jamboree is when I stop going to Disney.
Rap makes me want to hurt something.

15380.jpg

DisneyMommy13

I agree..Country Bears is a classic to me...It may be old, and a bit cheesy, but thats part of the fun! As far as "Sounds Dangerous" goes; I think it is one of the worst attractions on property...If I wanted to sit in the dark and listen to sounds I would go back to my hotel room, turn off the lights, and listen to the kids running up and down the hallway...

Rob562

The writer must have always had fortuitous timing since it's a 45 minute show.

Well, there's really more behind it, and the wait for a UoE show is always less than 45 minutes for a number of reasons.

First, there are two sets of cars running through the attraction, so the max time between a show starting is half that. Then, Guests are allowed into the pre-show room both before and during the pre-show, though there's a point in the pre-show where they close the outside doors and no additional Guests are let in. So the only time spent standing outside is during the last couple minutes of the pre-show, and then the boarding time of that crowd.

Lastly, I'd bet that the author (and most people) stop counting the wait time after they enter the building and get inside out of the heat. To them, "wait time" is the time spent standing in line outside.

-Rob

NMBC1993

If we're talking about attractions getting replaced, has anyone heard anything more about Phineas and Ferb going into the Sounds Dangerous building? I just read that the show's contract got extended for a 4th season so you'd think they'd want to jump on that while they can. But as I've always said, Disney never really markets their good shows until after they fade away:brick:

Admiral01

Premium Member
You're right. There is nothing wrong with CBJ that a little hip hop music, gangsta' rap and some break dancing wouldn't fix. :wave:

I swear I saw that somewhere before...hmmm...what other classic attraction had hip music added vice the classic soundtrack it orgininally had... Right! Under New Management! Worked then, so why wouldn't it work again!?! What a breath of fresh air that attraction was :)

Crockett

Banned
Possibly, maybe. But I doubt very seriously I would have seen something as stupid as this back in 1965.... :wave:
True. But that decade did produce such gems as "Who put the bop in the bop she bop she bop, who put the ram in the rama lama ding-dong..."
The 60's music era wasn't exempt from it's own level of stupidity.

redshoesrock

If we're talking about attractions getting replaced, has anyone heard anything more about Phineas and Ferb going into the Sounds Dangerous building? I just read that the show's contract got extended for a 4th season so you'd think they'd want to jump on that while they can. But as I've always said, Disney never really markets their good shows until after they fade away:brick:

It's part of their "television strategy". Disney Channel shows are only supposed to last three seasons, with the option of a fourth season if "the powers that be" deem the show popular enough (i.e. Hanna Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, That's So Raven). After that, the show is axed to make room for the next generation of Disney Channel stars. That's what happens when your cast are teenagers - they can't be in school forever and the Disney Channel isn't trying to market to the college-age crowd.

vinnya1726

Phineas and Ferb are just as popular with the adults as they are with Kids...Disney should keep this one as long is it can.

NMBC1993

It's part of their "television strategy". Disney Channel shows are only supposed to last three seasons, with the option of a fourth season if "the powers that be" deem the show popular enough (i.e. Hanna Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, That's So Raven). After that, the show is axed to make room for the next generation of Disney Channel stars. That's what happens when your cast are teenagers - they can't be in school forever and the Disney Channel isn't trying to market to the college-age crowd.

While that does make sense, I see a problem with your logic when it comes to this show. First of all the show is animated so they don't have to worry about anyone getting too old, in fact I believe the youngest actor on that show is in their early 20's. So this means this show has just enough staying power as something like Spongebob or Family Guy. Also, when it comes to this show I think I've seen more adult fans than kids. You wouldn't believe how many Perry shirts I see when I go to the parks these days. So, I guess what I mean is that there is the potential to make some money on the show but it seems Disney is just now getting around to realizing this...and it only took them three seasons.

C.FERNIE

can anyone post the orginal article??, the bbc will not let me view it (and i am from the uk) get a speil that even though i pay for the bbc i am not allowed to look at it lol....:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom