AdvntureLand Patio/Verandah/Bridge Area to Be Demolished???

Condorman

...Adventureland is already ruined for me anyway with all the ridiculous changes so just add some more changes then.

Really? So when you go to Epcot and you see that Norway is right next to China, that makes sense to you? Or what is it about a 16th-century castle at the end of an early 1900s Main Street that seems normal? I hate it when people pick and choose what's "ridiculous."

I wish they would just reopen it. Every time I go near Pecos or Cosmic Ray's they are packed. Seems like they could use another QS.

They are building a new QS -- the BRG Restaurant as well as some offerings in Gaston's Tavern/Pub. You mentioned two sites, one in Tomorrowland and one in Frontierland, and they are accommodating your complaint by putting one in the middle, in Fantasyland. :)

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Really? So when you go to Epcot and you see that Norway is right next to China, that makes sense to you? Or what is it about a 16th-century castle at the end of an early 1900s Main Street that seems normal? I hate it when people pick and choose what's "ridiculous."

They are building a new QS -- the BRG Restaurant as well as some offerings in Gaston's Tavern/Pub. You mentioned two sites, one in Tomorrowland and one in Frontierland, and they are accommodating your complaint by putting one in the middle, in Fantasyland. :)

Really? Really?? REALLY???

Theming of MK and EPCOT cannot be compared in this light, the arguement is nonsense :shrug:

DonaldDoleWhip

Pinocchio already has a large QS location in Fantasyland.

The other thing that's strange to me: why build a whole new quick service when MK has plenty of locations that could be reopened on a more permanent basis?

-Tortuga Tavern (don't know if it's seasonal or not, but for a while it was almost never open)
-Aunt Polly's (I understand logistically that this isn't the best place to absorb crowds)
-Diamond Horseshoe (I guess it's not really necessary since it's so close to Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbour House)

Those three aren't the best examples, but that brings me to Tomorrowland Terrace and Adventureland Veranda. Both of these have great locations (the terrace connects Main Street with Tomorrowland; the Veranda is right at the entrance of the land), and they both have a good amount of seating. Why keep these places shuttered for most of the year, just to build a quick service location in the back of the park? I don't think many people will plan a trip around a new restaurant, let alone a quick service restaurant.

It reminds me of California Adventure in the early years - they built too many eateries in the beginning, then closed a bunch, then reopened new ones. :confused:

Biff215

Pinocchio already has a large QS location in Fantasyland.

The other thing that's strange to me: why build a whole new quick service when MK has plenty of locations that could be reopened on a more permanent basis?

-Tortuga Tavern (don't know if it's seasonal or not, but for a while it was almost never open)
-Aunt Polly's (I understand logistically that this isn't the best place to absorb crowds)
-Diamond Horseshoe (I guess it's not really necessary since it's so close to Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbour House)

Those three aren't the best examples, but that brings me to Tomorrowland Terrace and Adventureland Veranda. Both of these have great locations (the terrace connects Main Street with Tomorrowland; the Veranda is right at the entrance of the land), and they both have a good amount of seating. Why keep these places shuttered for most of the year, just to build a quick service location in the back of the park? I don't think many people will plan a trip around a new restaurant, let alone a quick service restaurant.

It reminds me of California Adventure in the early years - they built too many eateries in the beginning, then closed a bunch, then reopened new ones. :confused:

I agree that the closed restaurants should be open, but I still think the FLE would need it anyway. Once Fantasyland nearly doubles in size (at least space-wise), you are going to need more than just Pinocchio's to offer in that area. MK can definitely use some more options, and I'm happy to see another TS option at night as we are pretty much sick of everything else there now.

mpaul32001

Why not just get rid of Veranda altogether? It's no longer offering meals and everytime I pass by I just can't help but reminisce, just tear it down, put something new...Adventureland is already ruined for me anyway with all the ridiculous changes so just add some more changes then. :mad:

The Fairies have to go somewhere don't they? :p

DisneyMusician2

The Magic Kingdom seems to have gotten awfully good at replacing beautiful buildings with concrete (and restrooms). :ROFLOL:

Even if it is unrelated, with the amount of people I've seen letting their kids relieve themselves in bushes and in public, maybe they think more restrooms must be required.....

PhilharMagician

After reading through the RC permit filing I do not see anything saying any demolition and the area marked out for plumbing work in not really the patio area at all. It is Aloha Isle and the storage are behind it which connects to the old seating area in the Adventure Veranda. I would assume this is nothing more than some simple plumbing in Aloha Isle itself.

Communicore

Maybe they will now "pipe in" the pineapple juice instead of the CM pouring the juice from a bucket into the thing, that's bad show! :ROFLOL:

Glasgow

I think there is a simple explanation here. The Veranda is being removed so they can move the treehouse and subsequently add IJA .. ha

Victor Kelly

Make them seasonal if need be. The Veranda used to sell chinese-ish food. I would go to say a mix of asian. Tomorrowland terrace used to sell italian type food, while Cosmic Rays alway had a variety. Pinnochio has always been the QS for Fantasyland. Now the terrace has been closed the last few seasons I have been there, the Veranda has been closed since around 93, anyone with the exact year can correct me.

More eateries would always be better in peak times.

PhilharMagician

Make them seasonal if need be. The Veranda used to sell chinese-ish food. I would go to say a mix of asian. Tomorrowland terrace used to sell italian type food, while Cosmic Rays alway had a variety. Pinnochio has always been the QS for Fantasyland. Now the terrace has been closed the last few seasons I have been there, the Veranda has been closed since around 93, anyone with the exact year can correct me.

More eateries would always be better in peak times.

The Adventureland Veranda was open and serving food last December. It was only a temporary set-up, but it was actually open! I did stop in an try the Jambalya that was in the menu and it wasn't that bad. It did feel good sitting in there and eating a meal again. This was around December 15th so I think that it was only a test and was then used for Christmas week. I would not call it seasonal

From about 2005 - 2008 the Tomorrowland Terrrace or Tomorrowland Terrrace Noodle Station as it was called was serving Asian flare food like Pad Thai and Sweet and Sour Chix. I liked the food that was being served since it was differant than everthing else served at the other CS restaurants.

Victor Kelly

When we were there last October the Veranda was only being used for princess meet and greets. And the Terrace was flat out closed. It was disappointing, but we moved on. However, the views from those two places were unmatched when you were eating. I am hoping for a full time restoration, the eateries at lunch are way too crowded to not have more places to eat open.

boufa

Did I here correctly somewhere that the veranda has no cooking facilities, that all the food was made in a nearby location (columbia harbor house?) And the brought over there to serve. This if true may be why they dont use it much.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Did I here correctly somewhere that the veranda has no cooking facilities, that all the food was made in a nearby location (columbia harbor house?) And the brought over there to serve. This if true may be why they dont use it much.
That is my understanding as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom