1970's Walt Disney World photos.

8laurach

I just want to go to stay for at least three weeks at those prices! Wow-that is a head shaker.

Not to mention, if you could bring back to 2011 some of the original Disney merchandise you could make some serious dough for it on ebay now.

Kamikaze

FROM THE BROCHURE - A blast from the past on there: EASTERN Airlines! I remember that attraction in Tomorrowland from my very first visit to MK, then I suspect it was gone as the airline was soon after.

Thanks everyone that has taken the time to upload these photos!

It became 'Delta Dreamflight' and then 'If You Had Wings'. Then it turned into Buzz.

I just want to go to stay for at least three weeks at those prices! Wow-that is a head shaker.

Keep in mind that you only have one park, and it wasn't built out anywhere near where it is today. If you had anything more than just a few days you would run out of things to do and become bored with the experience.

Scuttle

Original Poster
It became 'Delta Dreamflight' and then 'If You Had Wings'. Then it turned into Buzz.

Keep in mind that you only have one park, and it wasn't built out anywhere near where it is today. If you had anything more than just a few days you would run out of things to do and become bored with the experience.

That's wrong. It was If You Had Wings then If You Could Fly then dreamflight( which was great) then buzz.

montyz81

These are from a set of "bought" slides from 1974. They are pretty faded, but I took a couple to Ritz to be scanned and "color corrected". I think they came out pretty good!

79ef6833.jpg

If you take those cars out, you might not be able to tell this from a picture taken today if the skybridge wasn't there.

Kamikaze

That's wrong. It was If You Had Wings then If You Could Fly then dreamflight( which was great) then buzz.

You're right. It was
If You Had Wings
If You Could Fly
Delta Dreamflight
Take Flight
BLSRS

I knew it changed the name before Buzz, but I had the wrong one.

Scuttle

Original Poster
You're right. It was
If You Had Wings
If You Could Fly
Delta Dreamflight
Take Flight
BLSRS

I knew it changed the name before Buzz, but I had the wrong one.

Take flight? There was one in between dreamflight and buzz? I didn't know that.

Minnie1976

25th Anniversary of Walt Disney World :) Ran from 1996-1997 :)
Thanks for solving my mystery. I was thinking 1976 and 25th had something in common. The 1st time we went was in 1976 so that was why the 1976. They were in the envelop with all the books disney use give out when you bought your tickets.

thelookingglass

The pic of the MK from CR is interesting. I never knew there was a time when you could clearly see the backstage of Main Street/Tomorrowland like that!

Also, what is the pirates picture?

Scuttle

Original Poster
The pic of the MK from CR is interesting. I never knew there was a time when you could clearly see the backstage of Main Street/Tomorrowland like that!

Also, what is the pirates picture?

Ya it does seem rather open for a backstage area. Interesting, I know now there is a lot of foliage there and you can barely see the backstage now.

That particular Pirates pic is from the DL version. Incidentally, way back after Pirates had just opened in the early '70's, the store at the exit to the ride sold a pictorial souvenir book of the ride featuring many photos of it as seen in DL, as well as artwork galore by Marc Davis. I still have that book and treasure it...

fauna

I had no idea about the POTC pic - I had it scanned because I didn't recognize it. Thought maybe it was the old treasure room scene. Here's a pic of the (WDW labeled) slide-

cbed34a8.jpg

I had no idea about the POTC pic - I had it scanned because I didn't recognize it. Thought maybe it was the old treasure room scene. Here's a pic of the (WDW labeled) slide-

cbed34a8.jpg

Wow - you just reminded me that I've got that set of Pirates slides as well stashed away somewhere and must have bought them around the same time as the pictorial souvenir book. Disney had a penchant back then for selling the same slides of certain attractions (I have HM and IASW ones as well) at both WDW and DL - the only difference being that the slide of the attraction exterior would be of that particular park's. The rest were pretty much always of the DL version...

fauna

Wow - you just reminded me that I've got that set of Pirates slides as well stashed away somewhere and must have bought them around the same time as the pictorial souvenir book. Disney had a penchant back then for selling the same slides of certain attractions (I have HM and IASW ones as well) at both WDW and DL - the only difference being that the slide of the attraction exterior would be of that particular park's. The rest were pretty much always of the DL version...

I have IASW and HM too! Here's a couple others (good skyway shots)-

5233753a.jpg

6161ab5e.jpg

5826d400.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom