1970's Walt Disney World photos.

fauna

These are from a set of "bought" slides from 1974. They are pretty faded, but I took a couple to Ritz to be scanned and "color corrected". I think they came out pretty good!

79ef6833.jpg

0b612799.jpg

I always loved the topiaries!

Minnie1976

These are from a set of "bought" slides from 1974. They are pretty faded, but I took a couple to Ritz to be scanned and "color corrected". I think they came out pretty good!

picture.php

picture.php

I always loved the topiaries!
I love the pictures. You don't see topiaires anymore except in the parks. They use to all over. Seeing the old cars in front of the Contemporary brings back memories.

Communicore

The 70's Contemporary is awesome. I wish I had been there during that era. How about interior pics? All the interior pics I have seen are low resolution.

Scuttle

Original Poster
The 70's Contemporary is awesome. I wish I had been there during that era. How about interior pics? All the interior pics I have seen are low resolution.

Ya the 70's Contemporary pictures are great! Ya let's get some interior pics people. Would love to see how the grand canyon concourse looked back then.

fauna

If anyone's interested, here's what the "bought" slides look like-

picture.php

As you can see, they are square, so scanning does crop them. But, the slides are so faded I'm really excited that the color correction worked so well.

And I definitely have at least a pic or two of the concourse - I'll try to get them scanned this week.

Fantasmic

Wait, I'm confused? These are from 1976 but they have the 25th Anniversary logo on them?

They were promotional buttons that were given out in the place next to City Hall (where they had the Animal Kingdom preview) during the 25th anniversary, you told the CM your first year visit and got the button with the date on!

fauna

Diamond Horseshoe Review Girls-

08e9dbea.jpg

I really loved the Diamond Horseshoe Review! I remember sitting in the balcony munching on some Munchos.

Minnie1976

They were promotional buttons that were given out in the place next to City Hall (where they had the Animal Kingdom preview) during the 25th anniversary, you told the CM your first year visit and got the button with the date on!
Sorry, I don't know my Disney history, but it was the 25th Anniversary of what at Disney? Disneyland celebrated it's 25th in 1980 from what I could find in researching. Really curious.
Thank you!!!

Clamman73

I love the pictures. You don't see topiaires anymore except in the parks. They use to all over. Seeing the old cars in front of the Contemporary brings back memories.

From my visit in 2010, I wasn't at the parks since I think '89, and when I was on the monorail I was like where are all the topiaries?

Scuttle

Original Poster
From my visit in 2010, I wasn't at the parks since I think '89, and when I was on the monorail I was like where are all the topiaries?

I know! I remember them being everywhere in the grass outside the parks. Now if your lucky you might get one at the entrance to a resort or something. I know the Wilderness Lodge has a few, but that's all I can think of.

Goofnut1980

Toad, the Skyway, and on the left another disappeared attraction. The rocks and the distinctive lamppost are 20k. :sohappy:

Oh, the bliss!

These pictures show that there is nothing inevitable about massive strollers, strollers everywhere, infatilised theme parks aimed at kids, obesity, golf carts to drive people around, huge crowds, 'all too casual' clothes, a Main Street turned into a strip mall.

Sometimes I do miss the old days. :cry:

And where are the FP lines? and the 2 hour waits??? heck there is only 40 people in the whole land! I wanna go!

Does anyone have a Tardis?

Goofnut1980

Oh, no - Korfar. Check out MY bellbottoms! And my mom's sunglasses, and my dad's less than thrilled expression. This picture cracks me up every single time. :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

picture.php

Amazing! What year were shorts invented??? I would be roasting!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom