Are you twins?! - August, family, and magical memories.

Hey all my lovelies –

What a trip! I’m back at school, but the magic is still hanging around – in the form of magnets, travel mugs, and really amazing Disney Couture deals at Winners!

Ready to hear about it? Hereeee we go!

Friday, August 26

Talk about an early morning – the family was up at 2AM for quick showers and packing up the car. We hit the road at 230AM, with Carly and I napping along the way. After our ritual stop at Tims in Truro, we were at the airport and through security by 515AM. The flight was uneventful, and customs in Toronto was a breeze, though the plane was delayed by half an hour – boo.

IMG_3990.jpg

TOO EARLY FOR PICS

IMG_5478.jpg

DISNEY DAYS AHEAD!

IMG_3996.jpg

EEYEORE IS RETURNING TO HIS HOMELAND - NOW 11 YEARS OLD

It always seems like the LONGEST flight – even though it’s only about 2h45 - but I watched Soul Surfer (Carrie Underwood – disappointment) and we landed at 1230PM Mouse Standard Time!

We found the DME right away, and surprisingly there was a bus waiting for us. Magical! There was a slight hiccup, an engine warning light – but we did well, all things considered. Howev, as we were staying at All Star Movies, we were in the back of the bus as far as stops go – ah, the downside of cheapie rooms (but worth it not to share a bed with sista C).

IMG_4016.jpg

OMG DME!

IMG_4020.jpg

THIS ISN'T OUR FIRST RODEO

tiaragirl

Original Poster
No prob Bob. :D

Sorry you had a less-than-stellar cousin at 50s. That's no fun. But wow, a chocolate malt sounds sooooooo good right now. :slurp:

And the RNR pre-show cracks me up Every. Single. Time. :lol: Love it.

Ah, the first time we went we had a really, really amazing cousin - Tom. He was epic and super into his job. Carly says she could work there because she'd be able to be rude.. since it's kind of a requirement.

Great Trip Report!!!! I looooove ToT too!!! My favorite ride in all of Disney!

I could not live without it. It's my favourite place.

And all those Cinnamon rolls you two are having...hmmm it's making me want one right now and I will now have to have one when I'm there in 19 days! I will think of you guys of course :lol:

Take a picture for me, I'll drool all over your TR when I get home! Dedicated to Kenzie ;)

Love the pic of the two of you in front of the cinderella fountain too cute :)
And couldn't help but laugh at the creepo kid in the background on the carousel

That fountain picture was so impromptu. I took one of Carly, and the CM that was sweeping asked if we wanted one together - that's what it's all about! He was so friendly =)

And thanks for the tip on TSM, its just me and my mom on the trip and they didn't have that back in January so we'll definitely use that to our advantage!!!

No prob, Bob!

Can't wait to hear more!!!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Still August 27, back to HS for the evening!

IMG_4450.jpg

OUR CINDER PIC AND WANDS WERE IN THE WINDOW WHEN WE GOT BACK!

We were out like lights for a three hour stretch – that magic tires you out! Whie we were in line for the bus back to Hollywood Studies (darn you, no Hopper passes!) we met a nice family from NY. They’d had a tiiiime trying to get here, middle of the shut-down of the city – their flights had been cancelled without them knowing. Can you imagine? But they made it to Orlando just a few hours later than scheduled, so we were happy for them!

IMG_4453.jpg

ROMANTIC BUS RIDES

We got to HS at 630PM, feeling refreshed and ready to rock – waited 15ish for the Tower, then got our RNRC fast passes and hopped in line. I had a little dance party with a dad that was embarrassing his children, and we landed in the back of the limo - Dude Looks Like A Lady – my favourite! Seeing everyone flip before you hit the corkscrew? Priceless.

IMG_4458.jpg

THE GIRLS

IMG_4456.jpg

MEDIOCRE AT BEST

A quick bite to eat was next on the agenda. We just went to Catalina Eddies and got two pizza/Caesar salad/water combos. The girl that was waiting on us was from Japan, and clearly was just getting used to the ordering program and English in general – the lady in front of us was so rude that the poor thing had to go get one of the guys from behind the counter to help her. Come on people, you’re on vaca.. give the CMs a break. They don’t have an easy job.

IMG_4463.jpg

LOVE POCA!

Can you say, Fantasmic? We found seats (Poca section!) and settled in. Carly and I headed up to get some roasted nuts – the yummiest smell in the Vorld, probably. We waited, and waited, and waited.. probably for 25 minutes. Then, the lady in front of us got up there and asked for nuts – and the CMs said “it’ll be 25 minutes before we have any”. HELLO. YOU ARE THE ROASTED NUT VENDOR. YOU NEED TO ANNOUNCE THESE THINGS. Which is what I told her, not in capitals though – remember, we’re giving them a break because they don’t have an easy job? But this was sheer stupidity, not cultural differences.

Sigh. No treats.

IMG_4466.jpg

LOVEBIRDS HOLDIN DOWN THE FORT

But, on the bright side, Fant! was just about to start! People had encroached on our space but since I’m a huuuge person I managed to push them out of the way. They were carrying a specialty cake around (birthday, perhaps?) and I really wanted to steal it since I had no nuts, but I held off.

When I get sad at home, I listen to the score for Fantasmic. There’s just something about the slow build and then the WHAM MICKEY that brings me great joy. So I settled back and embraced one of my favourite shows of all time.

IMG_4470.jpg

My Fant! pictures always turn out brutal - anyone else?

It would appear that they redid some of the costuming since I was there last. Everyone was bedazzled to the nines – like they were in a Toddlers in Tiaras “glitz” pageant. I loved it! Sparkly things float my boat. I also fell in love with the crocodiles during the Lion King segment – they were bomb.

IMG_4461.jpg

SHARING THE MAGICAL MOMENT

silver1113

Great TR! Love the Tea Cups they are a must do for us. Will have to look at those rings my dd is the same not having anything with her name (spelled they way we spelled it) LOL. Can't wait to read more.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Next thing: back for one last concert with Aerosmith. As luck would have it, we got the last car AGAIN. So Carly and I screamed the words to Dude Looks Like A Lady and laughed our heads of. Adrenaline rush, yes please.

IMG_4460.jpg

CUE SNARKY CM: UM, COULD YOU PUT THAT AWAY!?!

We waited in line for TOT one last time – saddest. We were all lined up to the far left, when our elevator pulled up unusable: someone had peed during the last run. Really? So we got transported to the middle ride vehicles and our group was hilarious – there was a girl from Toronto that we talked to quite a bit during the wait, and a few first time riders. Everyone was screaming, and laughing, and making “is there a bathroom on here?!” jokes – that’s what it’s all about! Plus I love TOT in the dark.. spoooooky.

IMG_4480.jpg

DAD AND C EMBARRASSING MOM - IT WAS ACTUALLY HILARIOUS

A little shopping walk through – I picked up a Grumpy ball marker for Andrew because when we golf together we always get in fights (we’re 80, its cute most of the time) and Mom grabbed a few little things. Dad and Carly disappeared and returned with two frozen lemonades – Carly bought one, and since they were closing up they gave her a second one for free! Whaaa? Very cool of the CM.

IMG_4482.jpg

STICK WITH HER, YOU MIGHT GET FREEBIES

Back at Movies, and I went to get stamps for the postcards I was going to send home. Question: do you guys actually pay $0.80 for a stamp, or did she give me international stamps or something? I was shocked and our $5! And I don’t think anyone got their postcards yet either.. ah well, it’s the thought that counts.

It was time to pack for the boat – luggage has to be out around 815AM – and head to bed, in order to be rested for the Dream!

IMG_4485.jpg

EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO DREAM!

HopLow

When we got back, there were some yummy cinnamon rolls waiting for us – Mickey really knows how to work that cinnamon and icing combo.

IMG_4353.jpg

Kenzie: It’s like, the trip of cinnamon rolls!
Mom: You’re going to come back with rolls.

She’s a doll.

LOL!!:ROFLOL: Your mom totally sassed you!

Loving your TR! Isn't it fun when you get to embarass your parents? I mean, it's only fair since growing up, parents could NOT be more embarassing. On one trip, I insisted on walking backwards from the TTC monorail to our room at the Poly. I was practicing in case I ever wanted to be a tour guide... Well, my dad walked 20 feet away from me, he was so embarassed. PAYBACK!!

You guys look like you have a great time together! Looking forward to the Dream portion!

Sarabell

I´m drooling over those cinamon rolls!!! I know I´ll definitely come back with some rolls of my own, but I DON´T CARE! I´ll be more than happy to look like miss piggy. She´s hot!

I also love Castle. I only got to watch the season finale a couple of weeks ago and I´m bitting my nails waiting to see what happened to Kate. Waiting sucks!

PolynesianPrincess

While everyone else is drooling over those cinnamon rolls, I'm drooling over the food y'all ate at 50s!!! That's probably my 2nd fav restaurant on property (Le Cellier being #1!!) and I ALWAYS get the pot roast. It's sooooo yummy!! I feel like I would be cheating on it if I got anything else!! lol

And lucky you, all those short wait times for RNRC and ToT! The last car on RNRC is THE BEST!!! :D

fractal

Great report!

That's a bummer about the stiff cousin at 50's PT. I love the wands and pic in the window though!

LeafsFanNL

On that Saturday there was about a 1 hour rainstorm. You folks must have slept through it. We had been shopping at the outlets, and had returned to POP. We got caught in the food court until it stopped

WDW_Princess24

You and your sister are ADORABLE, I am in L-O-V-E with your antics! I wish my sister wasn't a Disney downer so I could wander the world with her..womp womp!

All your little comments under your pictures are cracking me up and I love the family mirror shot! It has do be some adventure being a part of that family, you all look like so much fun!

Can't wait to read on!

PeoplemoverTTA

I'm loving your TR - it looks like you guys had so much fun! My cinnamon roll from Starring Rolls was just about perfect...I relived the moment looking at your picture :lol:

Although I haven't gotten to that point in my TR yet, I took just about the same Castle poster picture with my aunt, lol. It's her favorite show, so after grabbing some coffee at what I still call Ellen's Buy the Book (I'm apparently stuck in the 90s), I made her pose with it.

Can't wait to read the rest of your report! :wave:

mamamouse

I too am liking the rings very much I think I might have to get a few myself,cool report as always,and aurora had it easy compared to where my daughter put her hands on Goofy last November LOL oh to be so clueless and young:ROFLOL:

Disneyfalcon

Yay!! I'm so glad you started!! It's awesome!!

I'm glad your tooth didn't keep you from cinnamon rolls!:)

We were at Downtown Disney while you were in DHS! So close!

I can't wait for your Dream sequence!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!

sweetpee_1993

IMG_4440.jpg

LOVE THE CURTAINS

IMG_4357.jpg

SO MUCH LOVE FOR WALT

Seriously, woman! You can look at this pic of you-n-C and not see any resemblence at all??? Really?!?! LOL!

I love this pic. It's so sweet. However, my first thought when I saw it was, "Gee, I wonder how many other people took that same picture that day....all those strangers' lips planted right there together in the same place...." Why does my brain conjur such???

Thanks for the "Anne" shout-out. :kiss: I guess it never occured to me to read the books...duh! Seriously! How many movies do you see that are based upon books that don't even begin to touch the awesomeness contained in the written word??? I "found" the movies when I was deathly sick with bronchitis as a teenager and those became my sick-movies-of-choice. More special meaning: Tracey's late grandmother who was quite a religious lady was so delighted when she discovered I adored those movies. So much so she ran out and bought them both for me to have (on VHS...gee, I'm old :lookaroun). Been to Canada once, to Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake. Would like to see PEI. Is it beautiful?

Okay. Gotta read more!

sweetpee_1993

I love love love every minute! I shoulda been out running 1/2 an hour ago but I got all caught up reading. Such awesomeness.

I think I need to give F! another shot. We watched it once in 2006. A light rain started as we sat waiting for what felt like an eternity (no doubt because of the throngs of the unpopular tour groups all around us screaming). By the time the show started I was ready to leave. I suppose that's why I've never had even the slightest twinge of an urge to see it again.

Hurry up with the Dream stuff! Tonight perhaps??? I'd love to have something Dream-y to read on my iPhone tomorrow...while we're driving 12+ hours to Clermont! :wave:

tiaragirl

Original Poster
LOL!!:ROFLOL: Your mom totally sassed you!

Loving your TR! Isn't it fun when you get to embarass your parents? I mean, it's only fair since growing up, parents could NOT be more embarassing. On one trip, I insisted on walking backwards from the TTC monorail to our room at the Poly. I was practicing in case I ever wanted to be a tour guide... Well, my dad walked 20 feet away from me, he was so embarassed. PAYBACK!!

You guys look like you have a great time together! Looking forward to the Dream portion!

Yeah, Mom's always on the ball - it's great, except when you're on the receiving end! Ahaha.

Embarrassing my parents is pretty much payback - they're pretty good at embarrassing us too. ;) That's hilarious about the walking backwards, my father would have walked away from me too!

Dream is coming up in the next day or so.. writing takes time and I've got pool schedules to make :(

GREAT Start! We just got home last night! How awesome was the magic, memories and you castle show??!!! I was in awe!!!

I´m drooling over those cinamon rolls!!! I know I´ll definitely come back with some rolls of my own, but I DON´T CARE! I´ll be more than happy to look like miss piggy. She´s hot!

I also love Castle. I only got to watch the season finale a couple of weeks ago and I´m bitting my nails waiting to see what happened to Kate. Waiting sucks!

Meh, if I could eat one of those cinnamon rolls every day, I'd embrace a roll. Just love your body! It's no big deal! I'm in sook mode for sweets now, and I purposefully didn't grocery shop for anything junky - regretting.

Castle is SO AMAZING. I wish more people watched it, because when you try to explain what it's about it just sounds weird and stupid - my 95 year old grandmother was extremely skeptical when I described it to her this summer!

While everyone else is drooling over those cinnamon rolls, I'm drooling over the food y'all ate at 50s!!! That's probably my 2nd fav restaurant on property (Le Cellier being #1!!) and I ALWAYS get the pot roast. It's sooooo yummy!! I feel like I would be cheating on it if I got anything else!! lol

And lucky you, all those short wait times for RNRC and ToT! The last car on RNRC is THE BEST!!! :D

I know, we've had some really solid experiences with 50s :) I would seriously go just for the malt - and desserts. The first time we ate there, it was during the dining plan, and we had an excessive amount of food - talk about a food coma! Maybe I'll get the pot roast next time on your referral!

Awww you probably say that to all the girls :eek:

Great report!

That's a bummer about the stiff cousin at 50's PT. I love the wands and pic in the window though!

Thanks! Stiff cousin - ahahaha, sounds so inappropriate, love it. Mousekeeping is so clever, there's always something cute in 2/3 of the windows on the way back in the afternoons!

On that Saturday there was about a 1 hour rainstorm. You folks must have slept through it. We had been shopping at the outlets, and had returned to POP. We got caught in the food court until it stopped

Yeah, Mom and Dad got stuck at the food court at the Movies. Did you guys have a good trip? I found it pretty quiet at the parks - decent wait times, fairly happy people!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom