1970's Walt Disney World photos.

Minnie1976

197710DWMickeyMouseShow.jpg

fauna

Here's me in our room at the Poly (again, 1974). Very groovy. (is anyone else impressed that I had a hair ribbon to match my jammies?)
c6266594.jpg

This is Donald Duck waterskiing on the Seven Seas Lagoon. I'm pretty sure this was taken from our balcony at the Poly. I'm also pretty sure Goofy was driving the boat! LOL!
76b6a5fb.jpg

Swimming at the beach of Seven Seas Lagoon. I think this was the beach at the Contemp. (I remember going there to swim) I also think that's my sister on the left of the raft. EDIT: Ok, I actually JUST noticed that it's not only my sister on the raft, but GOOFY also (sitting in the middle).
3e846399.jpg

WDW-Crazy

fauna, I absolutely love your pictures! I miss those views from the Skyway...I remember them like yesterday! Do you have any more to share?

fauna

Thanks! I'm really enjoying them too! I finally convinced my Dad to let me have our slides scanned. We also have a set of "bought" slides from that trip that are great, but very very faded. I might have to see if they can be salvaged.

Here's my sister meeting Pooh (she would kill me if she knew I was posting this chubby pic of her!)
7ec67191.jpg

The Keel Boats
5b33d863.jpg

At the petting zoo at Fort Wilderness
db83c6b7.jpg

echovictor

December 1972

Found our box of slides from our December ‘72 trip. Most of the slides are poor quality, very dark once scanned. These were a couple that turned out ok. Certainly nothing as good as the quality of some of the others on this thread.

6045481293_c5814c91e2_b.jpg

I am rockin’ those red knee highs and shoes!

6045388885_56cb49a05d_b.jpg

Mom was classic for cutting our heads off in photos!

6045414003_61208f679b_b.jpg

6045939300_a658c38980_b.jpg

fauna

Geez, WDW looks like a ghost town in many of these pictures.

When my DH saw our old pics he asked my dad "how did you get in the Park after it was closed?" cuz it just looked so empty.

Echovictor - what was it with red shoes in the '70's? please note my red sneakers in my (above) pics (I remember really loving them!)

Here's Donald - I think this was part of the afternoon parade. (from my pics it looks more like a "parade of characters" not really any floats)
9f7255bf.jpg

echovictor

Geez, WDW looks like a ghost town in many of these pictures.

I have a picture from our 73 trip of my grandmother at the entrance to MK taken from a distance and there are only 3 other people in the photo. It looks as if we rented the whole place out. It really was a ghost town.

Echovictor - what was it with red shoes in the '70's? please note my red sneakers in my (above) pics (I remember really loving them!)

Hilarious. They must have been my favorite too as I had them on in 80% of the photos from that year!

Communicore

These 70's pics are awesome. MK is a very 70's park and WDW is a very 70's resort, I really like that aspect of it, too bad there are only a few remnants of that! I posted on the WDW site that instead of turning those Contemporary rooms into wellness suites they should have a 70's floor!! I wish I was around during the 70's to experience this awesome period of time. Thanks again for the pics! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom